• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Immersion Overhaul Mutator Information

ksydztIza70.jpg

6Qe0AyvF9RQ.jpg

4gwh3eLPGjo.jpg

PPD34-38, PPD-34.
UdDyVCog1CU.jpg

tomorrow i ll try to make mp28 from WIP mp18 made by coin-god.

Upvote 0
Definitely against jamming. It's realistic, but also annoying as hell and just feels unfair, like you got screwed by a roll of a dice (because, lets face it, you were).

Yeah, but that's what makes it appealing. A WWII battle is not a sterile arena like situation. Sh*t can happen. Adds to the immersion. Adds to feeling that you need your teammates to cover you in dire situations.

Anyways, I realize it's down to personal taste, but I think some people might be persuaded to like it after trying it :)

Upvote 0
jamming would be a great way to balance automatics (for example, stick mag for ppsh would be actually useful), it worked fine in america's army and RO2 isn't a game where being sometimes to never (depending on your weapon) screwed by RNG even matters.

that said, i think implementing it at current state is waste of time, especially since you would need new animations for all weapons (and not sure about others, but i'd rather have new weapons first) and if it would be something arbitrary like a random chance depending on your weapon without anything else, it would be too rudimentary to be worth it.

Upvote 0
to me the strength of RO used to be its lack of randomnity. Other games had cone of fire making the weapon inaccurate at range, while in RO you simply had to take into account bullet travel time and bulletdrop. Together with free aim when firing from the hip to make it necessary to go into ironsights.

Personally I feel its better in general to make things more difficult to do, rather than putting in timed or random effects. Taking control from a user makes a game feel clunky as normally you can use your propioceptive muscle memory to feel where your arms are which is missing in a game.

In a similar sense I'm not a big fan of weapons jamming by chance, make certain effects build up dust or whatever in the weapon that cause it to jam. Then I would be fine. But a random event happening every time you fire a weapon is just annoying. Be it realistic or not, even though for a lot of us we want the most realistic experience, we still want to have fun. And where the line of balance lies there differs for every person.

Upvote 0
I agree, random weapon Jam is not very good for a game. And i think clans would not like to play a game where they could lost because their weapons do not work in an important moment.

But weapon jam would be okay when you know that some Situation could result in a weapon jam. E.g. crossing a deep river with your weapon under water. Or prone on a very muddy ground etc.

Upvote 0
I remember there being weapon jamming feature in Darkest Orchestra mod for RO1.Totally bad.Its only for the SVT but the fact that it "jammed" after 3-6 shots and most of the game i spent to reload the gun to fix the "jam" it was game breaker.

With the vehicle team halting production and effectively disbanding, the IOM is literally the only reason I'm hanging around RO:II any more.

+1.IOM is the only thing that can save RO2 and the only thing that prevents me from uninstalling RO2.Once submitted,it should be approved without having second thoughts.

Upvote 0
Has the Vehicle team considered working with IOM?

Last hope I have. :C

From Blitzk.-Bob ( http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=1299957&postcount=1676 )

We haven't made a clear decision yet, however for now their wont be any progress as a lot of our work seems wasted and the motivation is gone.
In general we're happy to see new vehicles at all no matter who created them, though I personal feel sorry for every (hard-working) modder in my team that did work over a year to get something like this done and then seeing his work being wasted without a notification at all.
While most of us understand this move from the corresponding persons from the commercial view and we accepted the excuse about the late communication but the motivation wasn't restored until today.

Internal discussions will go on and I'll try to keep you informed about what is going on.
Sorry from my side for the late response, it's kind of hard for me to find enough time to get a proper text together.

-----------------

So, It doesn't look like it and some "censor" closed the thread last night. Ugh....

Upvote 0