• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Immersion Overhaul Mutator Information

The only think I like to see from spyplane feature: Commander need to stay near the radio when he use it.

That's how it already is. Information is only updated while the commander is next to the radio.

On this topic; I'd like to keep the recon plane in, it's quite a nice feature designed for gameplay purposes...because this is a game. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'd love to see recon as a configurable feature, I don't like it either, rely on communication from your teammates to give you intel. It would reward teams that communicate.

PJ, have you made any adjustments to RS weapons at this point? I know you were waiting initially, and I've been asked if there have been changes. Most players think recoil has been reduced on the M1 and carbine. I haven't played with either enough to notice.

I love the nades, the sound is far better than stock, my only small quibble would be that they sound very much like the arty * boom * and they all sound the same. Not knowing any better, I'd expect different types of nades to sound different and not quite the same as arty. I'll happily take them like they are though. :)

I had released an RS version of the mod that worked offline, but eventually all the moving to online conversions has led me to postpone it's release.

I have more free time during this holiday season, and all the old files, so you can expect some new toys for RO2 soon :p

Upvote 0
I'd like to. I dislike the stock sound. The problem is getting a hold of decent looping sounds.

Creating them myself is possible, but difficult. I am proud of my mg34 sound; a little less so of the ppsh.

What is y'all's opinion of the nade sound? I've been listening exclusively on a pair of Grados and I find it a little underwhelming. I'm cooking up a version I like better.
Grenades are scary as. However, maybe more than one grenade sound could be beneficial?

Upvote 0
I'd like to. I dislike the stock sound. The problem is getting a hold of decent looping sounds.

Creating them myself is possible, but difficult. I am proud of my mg34 sound; a little less so of the ppsh.

What is y'all's opinion of the nade sound? I've been listening exclusively on a pair of Grados and I find it a little underwhelming. I'm cooking up a version I like better.
I hate to be one to nit-pick....but since you asked.

The explosions are far better than stock, however it seems to me that they end too abruptly. There is a lack of tailing off (?). As far as the explosions go, that would be the only critique I'd feel comfortable making.

After playing for sometime, one other sound repeatedly raised the 'hollywood' flag for me. One of the ricochet sounds is a little 'cartoony' to me. Its gotta be from some old wild west cartoon I watched as a kid. ;) imho, it should perhaps be a little higher pitched. Or perhaps adding a good bit of 'flutter' to its current sound would make it seem as though it were a larger piece of shrapnel flying by.

All just my opinion, of course. Not finding fault.

In other news....
Removing the recon plane would probably be the kiss of death as far as 'white listing' goes. I could be wrong..........

Upvote 0
I hate to be one to nit-pick....but since you asked.

The explosions are far better than stock, however it seems to me that they end too abruptly. There is a lack of tailing off (?). As far as the explosions go, that would be the only critique I'd feel comfortable making.

After playing for sometime, one other sound repeatedly raised the 'hollywood' flag for me. One of the ricochet sounds is a little 'cartoony' to me. Its gotta be from some old wild west cartoon I watched as a kid. ;) imho, it should perhaps be a little higher pitched. Or perhaps adding a good bit of 'flutter' to its current sound would make it seem as though it were a larger piece of shrapnel flying by.

All just my opinion, of course. Not finding fault.

In other news....
Removing the recon plane would probably be the kiss of death as far as 'white listing' goes. I could be wrong..........
The ricocheting sounds pretty realistic in my opinion. Inside an Artillery-Barrage - YouTube

One thing, the Garand sounds good, however I think it lacks a bit of punch.

Upvote 0
Currently the F1 Grenade simulates about 300-400 fragments and the M1939 does about 50. This is of course way lower than real life for performance reasons. To compensate I made shrapnel hits fatal in all cases. I agree though, they still feel weak :(

Perhaps if you made the pattern non-spherical? If you think about it most spherically spawned fragments will hit the ground, they should project horizontally so that they're more dangerous at ranges, with a couple going up and down (not sure if possible?).

The alternative being particles which have a larger area of influence (like a larger particle) so your likelihood of being hit is higher.

Upvote 0
Nice mod.....:)

But i miss sounds when i command the AI. When i press F to command to move to an certain spot i see the text but no sounds.

The pistol sounds aren`t modded ...

Further it is greatly done. No zoom, other uniforms, sounds...

Can`t wait for this mod till it is finished. :)

More people must test this mod.

I'd guess that those sounds are linked to the Stinger Volume Multiplier setting, which you can configure yourself. The default is zero.

Upvote 0
Dibbler...Your the man. No more 20 minute maps!! Running out of time just when the fighting was getting good was one of my biggest pet peeves about this game.

tumblr_mjh963QReu1s0hnxko1_500.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0