• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Immersion Overhaul Mutator Information

This seems to be a glitch on your end. In your sound settings make sure your sound is set to 128 channels (in game) and 32 (or more, if you have a sound card) in realtek/whatever inbuilt audio you have.

Why 128 in game? Because that is equal to whatever setting you have externally, so if you have 32 externally and 128 in game you get 32 channels, if you have 32 externally and 32 in game you get 8 sound channels and your sounds cut out all the time. This is an error by TWI.

SET YOUR INGAME SOUNDS TO 128!!!

Upvote 0
I was watching the 1993 Stalingrad movie again a few weeks back, the Germans made use of flamethrowers as they were patrolling the sewers. Is there actually any interest of bringing flamethrowers to the Eastern Front?

Speaking of Germans, I noticed in the Steam workshop there is a mutator which changes the role name from English to the native language equivalent. Any interest in including this into IOM? :)

I have opened up another thread upon the first person body to outsource this issue a few days back. Dibbler kindly replied and explained to me in a private message that the 3rd person model and 1st person can not be merged. So basically Tripwire failed already back in 2011 as people were originally requesting this feature, sad that a realism shooter does not have this feature while arcades like Crysis and Battlefield do.:rolleyes:

I have another idea to further teamplay, how about a medic class. NO!!!! Not in any way like arcade shooters portrait it, I am thinking of a mobile refill spot for bandages. So the class simple carries around like 10 bandages which can be supplied to friendly soldiers, much like the mg ammo supply for the mg-gunner. Often the next resupply spot is quite far away and it should not be difficult to use the script used for mg supply for resupplying bandages. If the medic class reaches a refill spot he will simply refill his bandage supply. The class gets no nades and is armed with a pistol to deny it being an assault class.
I always wished I could share my bandages with my friendlies, especially when they have none left and I still have my three bandages.:)

Upvote 0
I have opened up another thread upon the first person body to outsource this issue a few days back. Dibbler kindly replied and explained to me in a private message that the 3rd person model and 1st person can not be merged. So basically Tripwire failed already back in 2011 as people were originally requesting this feature, sad that a realism shooter does not have this feature while arcades like Crysis and Battlefield do.:rolleyes:

Not defending or criticizing TWI, but don't you think those other companies have much much bigger development teams and way Way WAY bigger budgets compared to TWI?

Upvote 0
The thing with first person bodies is that they would have to be implemented perfectly, or they would cause really annoying and noticeable glitches, and generally look awkward.

Even if you could just merge the 1st person model and the 3rd person one, that would most likely not look good enough. While the player animation looks good in 3rd person (usually viewed from at least a few meters distance) it would probably not be good enough close up.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So basically Tripwire failed already......

I'm no fanboy, but seriously, lay off the "if what I want is not in the game, it's TWI's fault" attitude. I think having both 1st/3rd person views of an entire body is engine specific. I don't think is possible in this engine, it's not a developers choice.

I'd love to see it too, but if I've learned anything hanging around this thread is that if Dibbler can't figure out a way to make it happen, it's not possible.

Upvote 0
I'm no fanboy, but seriously, lay off the "if what I want is not in the game, it's TWI's fault" attitude. I think having both 1st/3rd person views of an entire body is engine specific. I don't think is possible in this engine, it's not a developers choice.

I'd love to see it too, but if I've learned anything hanging around this thread is that if Dibbler can't figure out a way to make it happen, it's not possible.

Attitude? Gee, so it is wrong to expect something in the "most realistic WWII FPS experience" game? :D

Now jokes aside, I don't think there is something wrong with the engine to perform this.
MoH Airborne had a full first person body in the plane and the parachute drop, so it's not the engine.
RO2 vehicles have it, why not do it for the main stay which is infantry combat?
Yes, I know that Tripwire has less personnel, I personally had rather renounced on driving a tank to see this ingame. Tanks with their AI mg-gunners were a failure at start and removed from the majority of the servers due to the wallhacking AI.
But who knows Tripwire could be working on it right now, as it would add greatly to the experience.

Well, Dibbler explained to me that it is possible. It "just" needs a full first person model without a head and this model then needs synching to the 3rd person's movement as he implemented the shadow in 1st person, otherwise it might be that your 1st person body acts out of synch to its "own" shadow.
But it is currently not in his capacities, he is already doing an

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Attitude? Gee, so it is wrong to expect something in the "most realistic WWII FPS experience" game? :D

Now jokes aside, I don't think there is something wrong with the engine to perform this.
MoH Airborne had a full first person body in the plane and the parachute drop, so it's not the engine.
RO2 vehicles have it, why not do it for the main stay which is infantry combat?
Yes, I know that Tripwire has less personnel, I personally had rather renounced on driving a tank to see this ingame. Tanks with their AI mg-gunners were a failure at start and removed from the majority of the servers due to the wallhacking AI.
But who knows Tripwire could be working on it right now, as it would add greatly to the experience.

Well, Dibbler explained to me that it is possible. It "just" needs a full first person model without a head and this model then needs synching to the 3rd person's movement as he implemented the shadow in 1st person, otherwise it might be that your 1st person body acts out of synch to its "own" shadow.
But it is currently not in his capacities, he is already doing an

Upvote 0
Mirror's Edge has full body awareness and it's on UE3. However, it's a single-player game and of course DICE had plenty of budget to model just one character's body in first-person. Having to do so for every class with different piece of gear at a higher quality probably just wasn't an important enough feature for TWI to spend working on. I can imagine it would also be a pain to make hundreds more animations just to get the first-person body looking good for something that wouldn't be looked at much.

For example, the arms would have to be animated completely differently to prevent clipping through the body when looking straight down. In the end, that probably wasn't worth TWI's time to implement into a game where they had so much more to work on. Just imagine how much longer the game's development could have taken just to implement this single feature.

Upvote 0
Mirror's Edge has full body awareness and it's on UE3. However, it's a single-player game and of course DICE had plenty of budget to model just one character's body in first-person. Having to do so for every class with different piece of gear at a higher quality probably just wasn't an important enough feature for TWI to spend working on. I can imagine it would also be a pain to make hundreds more animations just to get the first-person body looking good for something that wouldn't be looked at much.

For example, the arms would have to be animated completely differently to prevent clipping through the body when looking straight down. In the end, that probably wasn't worth TWI's time to implement into a game where they had so much more to work on. Just imagine how much longer the game's development could have taken just to implement this single feature.

Mirrors edge is a great example of how much work a dev has to put in to make a 1st person body with 3D shadows that looks realistic. The only reason it works in ME is because you never seen yourself in 3rd person view... if you do it looks like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3VnWYt9flM&feature=player_detailpage#t=92

Upvote 0
Yesterday (or whenever the event was) I wanted to play but my textures were messed up. Every uniforms were white. Both teams having the same uniforms is not fun at all. It was a glitch because they had blue/red parts on their bodies too.

ReEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDD TTTTTTHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEE DDDDEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSCCCCCCCCCCRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPTTTTTTTTTIIIIIIIOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNN

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
ReEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDD TTTTTTHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEE DDDDEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSCCCCCCCCCCRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPTTTTTTTTTIIIIIIIOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNN

Spoiler!

hehe

FAQ:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0