• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Im a little angry with you Tripwire or Valve..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought Killing Floor a week ago in the Christmas Update because I thought this was the Christmas sale for Killing Floor, so I didnt wait the Christmas sales for this game, my mistake :/

I lost only a few dollars, but I could buy us a character pack for example with that.

Of course I dont want a refund but I feel a little betrayed.

It happens, what do you want TWI to do about it? Warning potential purchasers in advance wouldn't make much sense since people would just wait to purchase it.

You can tell if it's on offer on steam since it'll have the regular price in strike-out text and the sale price below it.

Upvote 0
It happens, what do you want TWI to do about it? Warning potential purchasers in advance wouldn't make much sense since people would just wait to purchase it.

You can tell if it's on offer on steam since it'll have the regular price in strike-out text and the sale price below it.

They made a Christmas update sale, they cut the price.

I dont expect anything but it was a bad move.

Upvote 0
This. Reading comprehension saves lives.

Also, why on earth do you feel betrayed? You said yourself it was your mistake.

I feel betrayed because I thought Tripwire is a friendly company that they give us a lot of content for free but like all companies they need money because its bussiness, that was my mistake.

Upvote 0
I bought Killing Floor a week ago in the Christmas Update because I thought this was the Christmas sale for Killing Floor, so I didnt wait the Christmas sales for this game, my mistake :/

I lost only a few dollars, but I could buy us a character pack for example with that.

Idiot

Upvote 0
I feel betrayed because I thought Tripwire is a friendly company that they give us a lot of content for free but like all companies they need money because its bussiness, that was my mistake.

We do give alot of content for free, I'm not sure how this is an issue here.

I understand you are upset that the game went on sale for 24 hours at a massive discount, but this is the nature of the Steam Holiday Sale. We've always participated in it since it was created in some way.

Upvote 0

So... You feel betrayed because you didn't read properly?

Upvote 0
so you bought it in a sale - thinking that's probably as cheap as you'd ever get it in the near future - but shortly after the game was included in a general steam xmas sale, which represented a much larger discount - yeah?
you can't feel betrayed but you can feel unlucky, and i sympathise to some extent.
But had you held out after the first sale, and then missed the 24hr one you would be looking at paying more than you did, so it's not all bad.

Upvote 0
so you bought it in a sale - thinking that's probably as cheap as you'd ever get it in the near future - but shortly after the game was included in a general steam xmas sale, which represented a much larger discount - yeah?
Ummm, just being picky - but 75% isn't "much bigger" than 66%. On the base game that is $5.00 vs $6.60. That is a a buck-sixty difference...

Reactions: -[SiN]-bswearer
Upvote 0

They need money to give us free content btw. I assume your incredibly cheap and go around downloading as many games as possible that are free/discounted. And how were YOU betrayed if it was YOUR mistake? It's YOUR fault, YOU betrayed YOURself because you didn't pay attention.

Upvote 0
Not really that relevant, but you reminded me of this with your usage of the word "betrayal"

funny-pictures-orange-kitten-sink-bath-betrayal.jpg

Reactions: C_Gibby
Upvote 0
I don't know what to say, sales come and go and the prices drop one minute, go to normal the next, and then another day they are on sale again. Happens everywhere all over the world.

Some people just don't realize that. I had a friend who bought a sled for his grandchild and a week later saw it on sale at another store for $3 less. Needless to say he went thru all the aggravation and time to try to get $3 back from the first store, then return it and then purchase it at the other to save the $3. All I could say was REALLY??? You wasted all that time, aggravated the people at the stores trying to get $3 back for who knows how long during the busy holiday season before you decided to return it, then to drive to the other store and buy the other one??? :p

Upvote 0
They need money to give us free content btw. I assume your incredibly cheap and go around downloading as many games as possible that are free/discounted. And how were YOU betrayed if it was YOUR mistake? It's YOUR fault, YOU betrayed YOURself because you didn't pay attention.

No no, I didnt think the Christmas Update was the Christmas sales of Steam, I thought that the Christmas Update was the only sale for Killing Floor for this year because it was nearly to the Christmas sales.

And stop calling me cheap, I know -66% -75% isnt a big a deal and of course I dont want a refund or something like that but like I said, with a few dollars you can buy for example the DLC for the game or even another game these days.

And Yoshiro I know you give us a lot free content, its that why I thought "this company is so gentle, its impossible they do another sale next week"

Now I know you cant buy nothing until Christmas.

Upvote 0
I find it kind of funny how every time there's a sale of any type on any Steam game, you can always count on someone showing-up who bought the game recently acting like it's some personal affront against them specifically. News Flash: Sales happen (especially on weekends, mid-week, and on holidays). Neither Tripwire nor Valve is out to get you.

See, here's the thing: You bought the game, thus you agreed with it. You can't complain when it goes on sale later because you've already paid the price you were okay with paying. Sure, we'd all love to pay a little less, but we can't always get that. If you are looking at something you want to buy, you have to decide: Do I want this now at a higher price, or should I wait a while and see if the price goes down a little? This is especially true on Steam where any game can go on sale at any time.

If buying Killing Floor for only $5 was such a big deal, then you shouldn't have bought it when it was $6.60. Not saying that you should have had the clairvoyance to know a sale was coming soon, just saying that if $5 was the price you wanted, you should have waited until the game eventually (maybe) got put on sale for that price. Heck, that's how I do some of my shopping on Steam. I look at a game, decide "Sure, I want that, but cheaper". So I wishlist it and bide my time. Low and behold Christmas comes and I got about 3 or 4 games at the price I was hoping for, or lower.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.