• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Tuning] If you hang/crash at the splash screen!

Mi solucion perdonan por el idioma.

Mi solucion perdonan por el idioma.

I agree!!

Gamers have uploaded "Launch logs", and "dmp files" as asked!

I personally have asked for any other way to create a launch log since the method offered here by PUTZ didn't work for me.
I am willing to try anything offered and have stated this fact in several different threads but they are always ignored.

Headed for 2 months and absolutely no solution or even a response to our plea's!

I have to assume that:

1-TWI has no one with the technical ability or knowledge to resolve this issue.
2-TWI has no one who will devote the time to sort through the issue.
3-TWI just plain doesn't care about resolving this issue or doesn't care about gamers who are affected.

To TWI's credit, they have released some patches that have helped with a few issues for some.
But, those same patches have also broken the game for many who were previously able to run the game and are now in the same situation as the other gamers in this thread, or the game has been made unplayable in other ways for many.

There is no other business I know of where a manufacturer can get away with releasing an unfinished product in this condition.
There would already be a class action lawsuit against any such company.

All we are asking, Tripewire, is that someone there make an honest effort to sort this issue, and at least offer some suggestions that we can try.
As I have stated many times, I am willing to try anything you ask to create a launch log or to launch the game.

Is that really too much to ask after you have already accepted our money for the price of this game???

Mi unica solucion.
1- crear una particion en win 7 64x
2-instalar otro win 7 64x en dicha particion
3-instalar driver vidio y demas driver del pc
4- instalar juego
5- jugar

Cansado de no obtener respuesta he optado por esto aunque Se que no es LA SOLUCION pero puedo jugar.

Espero poder ayudar.

Reactions: Quarantine
Upvote 0
mangart, your solution is just stupid, and most of us won't even understand it; no offense
most of us can figure out how to use a translator.:rolleyes:
the guy had a solution to his problem and shared it with the forum. why do you feel the need to poop on his contribution?
Mi unica solucion.
1 - create a partition in windows 7 64x

2-64x install another win 7 on that partition

3-install driver and other driver vidio pc

4 - install game

5 - play

Tired of not getting an answer I chose this even though I know it is not the solution but I can play.

I hope to help.

snoups4, your reply is just stupid, and most of us won't even understand why you posted it. offense.:mad:

Reactions: Floyd
Upvote 0
I translated mangart's solution when he posted, but really don't want to go through the hassle of a new install on a new partition, then all of the windows updates and new drivers.

I had actually considered throwing in a new hard drive I have here, and install a fresh copy of XP Pro, or Vista Ultimate 32 bit or 64 bit that I have extra copies of earned in a Microsoft Windows feedback program some time ago, but again, I shouldn't have to go through all of that just to run a game.

I also can run the game on a couple of other systems I have here so I am able to play if I want .. it just won't get past the splash screen on my main gaming rig.

But the main problem is .. many gamers still have this issue and Tripwire hasn't offered a solution as yet.

At least mangart offered a solution that worked for him and might work for others if they want to go through the hassle of setting up a dual boot OS and installing everything on that partition.

At least he was trying to help .. that is more than TWI has offered.

Upvote 0
mangart, your solution is just stupid, and most of us won't even understand it; no offense

No me ofendo, solo intento ayudar, y dar una solucion, en mi caso funciona perfectamente.
Antes de perder el tiempo mirando todos los dias este foro por si sale una solucion yo lo invierto en jugar, el juego real mente merece la pena para los que les guste este tipo de juegos, no tiene apenas bug con las nuevas actualizaciones.
Espero veros en el juego.

Upvote 0
No me ofendo, solo intento ayudar, y dar una solucion, en mi caso funciona perfectamente.
Antes de perder el tiempo mirando todos los dias este foro por si sale una solucion yo lo invierto en jugar, el juego real mente merece la pena para los que les guste este tipo de juegos, no tiene apenas bug con las nuevas actualizaciones.
Espero veros en el juego.

mangart message translated:

I'm not offended, just trying to help, and give a solution, in my case it works perfectly.
Before wasting time looking at every day if you leave this forum for a solution I invest in play, the real mind game worth it for those who like these games, not just bug with the new updates.
Hope to see you in the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glad your solution worked for you and also hope it helped someone else with the same problem. :)

For future posts, here is a link to a good translator so you can translate your messages into English before posting.
(Then just copy and paste the English text)

[URL="http://translate.google.com/#auto|en"][URL="http://translate.google.com/#auto|en"][URL="http://translate.google.com/#auto|en"][URL="http://translate.google.com/#auto|en"][URL="http://translate.google.com/#auto|en"][url]http://translate.google.com/#auto|en[/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL]|

This might help eliminate some negative responses for you.

Good gaming to you!!

Upvote 0
Im also having this problem, just bought the game today. Looking forward to playing with some friends of mine, none of them have had this problem. My computer is fully capable of running this game ive done plenty of research on that. Everytime I try to open the game though it hangs up and doesnt get past the splash screen, says unreal 3 engine is "not responding" Ive tried to validate the game cache, it hasnt helped ive tried a few things from other threads with no change... this is what shows up in my log...

Init: WinSock: version 1.1 (2.2), MaxSocks=32767, MaxUdp=65467
Log: ... running in INSTALLED mode
Init: Version: 7258
Init: Epic Internal: 0
Init: Compiled (32-bit): Dec 7 2011 14:36:09
Init: Changelist: 641002
Init: Command line: -log
Init: Base directory: c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra 2\binaries\win32\
[0000.09] Init: Computer: COOLER
[0000.09] Init: User: Nick
[0000.09] Init: CPU Page size=4096, Processors=1
[0000.09] Init: High frequency timer resolution =3.579545 MHz
[0000.09] Init: Memory total: Physical=3.2GB Pagefile=5.1GB Virtual=2.0GB
[0000.24] Log: STEAMWORKS initialized 1
[0000.34] Init: WinSock: I am cooler (192.168.2.3:0)
[0000.34] Init: Presizing for 132448 objects not considered by GC, pre-allocating 0 bytes.
[0000.35] Init: Object subsystem initialized
[0000.56] DevDataBase: Connection to "Provider=sqloledb;Data Source=production-db;Initial Catalog=EngineTaskPerf;Trusted_Connection=Yes;Connection Timeout=2" or
"10.1.20.20" failed

Would really appreciate some help! Thnx

Upvote 0
I just bought this game yesterday, my computer is more then capable to play this game no problem. Yet I'm having this hang up at the splash screen were 2 of my friends are not. Has this really been happening for 3 months? with no real fix other then luck?

Since day 1 for me with my main gaming rig!

If you can create a launch log and submit it, you might just help find a solution.
That is if anyone from TWI is still monitoring this thread.

Upvote 0
As many other guys here, I bought this game but the game on the start get stuck on the first loading window.

I did everything you said to get a log. I get a damn blank log.

Since the lunch.log file is empty I'm going to upload the archieve files, because I have uninstalled 2 times this game with the hope to repair the problem without solving it.

Attachments

• unreal-v7258-2011.12.31-01.17.25.dmp
    437.3 KB · Views: 0
  • unreal-v7258-2011.12.31-16.38.32.dmp
    302.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Launch-backup-2011.12.31-16.20.32.log
    3.5 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Here we go. Lunch.log is blank and I tried everything you said to grab one not blank. Did not work. Still blank, so I upload the backup.

I will ever play this game or I just threw away my money?

Attachments

• Launch-backup-2011.12.31-16.20.32.log
    3.5 KB · Views: 0
  • unreal-v7258-2011.12.31-16.38.32.dmp
    302.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wait for it...

Wait for it...

Hi.

On my computer the game sometimes takes a really long time to start, to get past the splash. Really long time I mean something like 5-10 min. Try waiting. Read the news from the web or watch youtube or whatever.

Also try this if you are running 32bit OS.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=9583842&linkID=9240697

I dont if it really does anything. Witcher 2 stoped crashing every 15 min and on saving the game. Almost if RO:HoS also works a bit smoother. I could be wrong.

Heres my personal Stalingrad ritual:
1. Re-instal the ueredists.
2. Start steam and verify game files.
3. (try) Start the game.
4. Wait and read the days news while the splash seems to have frozen.
5. wait a bit more.
6. Find something interesting reading and the game suddenly starts.
7. Play the game and forget to bookmark that interesting thing.

Upvote 0
lethall, you have the patience of a saint! over three months waiting for a fix and you're still not raging. i really hope they get it fixed for you soon.
i don't know if they're looking at this thread anymore either. be nice if they posted once in a while, so we knew they were still there.

Thanks for the kind words r5cya .. it is very refreshing to see a positive response! :)

It seems there are a few here who downvote and attack any post that doesn't agree 100% with theirs.
I beleive everyone has a right to their opinion .. and I respect that right.
The only time I downvote a post is when someone flames .. name calls .. or launches a personal attack against someone they don't agree with.
So it is nice to be able to post without being downvoted.

Please Tripwire .. if you are reading this thread .. please at least make an honest effort to help us .. help you .. correct this issue.

Upvote 0