• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF Ideas for future (weapon) DLC

coolperzon

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 9, 2014
Texas
Hello everyone, I'm new here (to the forums, not the game itself :p) and I'd like to put some DLC ideas here. Please let me know what you think :)

Molotov Cocktail launcher (Firebug):

Could look similar to the M79 launcher, only replace the grenade/explosive with a Molotov. The reload animation could involve something similar to the character pulling out a lighter and igniting the Molotov, OR having it so there is a constant small flame. (Like the Flamethrower has, near the end of the barrel.) The Molotov can also have a field of effect for a few seconds, like once on impact with a surface, it will set a specifically sized area on fire, killing any Zeds (or players) that attempts to cross it, except for any Level 6 Firebugs.

ampullp9.gif

(Looking maybe like that, but on a smaller scale.)

Cat's Claw throwing bolas (Berserker):

This would be a throwing weapon for the berserker. Only a few can be carried at a time (similar to how the Buzzsaw Bow can only carry 16 shots). The bolas have a different effect depending on where it is thrown against a Zed. If it's to the head or chest, the Cat's Claw would sever it partially/completely, depending on the Zed itself. If thrown against a limb, such as a leg, it would entangle it and stun it in place for a few seconds.

cat-claw_bolas.jpg

M4 Spectre Medic Gun (Field Medic):

The Spectre could be a cross between the M7A3 and the MP7, meaning a high rate of fire (but not as much as the MP7) and decent damage (but not as much as the M7A3). To keep with the name, the Spectre could function as any other Medic Gun, but to have a "Spectre" dart beside it. What I mean is, if the "Spectre" dart is shot at a player, he is ignored by all Zeds for a few seconds. (Handy for when big hordes come at you) To keep this from being overpowered/overused, the cooldown is 1 minute, and still counts down in Trader time.

400px-Sites_Spectre.jpg

(As far as golden weapons, it'd be cool to see):

-Golden L.A.W.
-Golden Lever Action Rifle OR Crossbow
-Golden Schneidzekk (Show that Medic some love!)
-Golden Claymore (I know we already have the Golden Katana, but nothing says "I am awesome" more than running around with a giant-*** Gold sword.

I actually never thought of an M4 for medic.
Although I think the last real-world weapon that was added was maybe the FAL or Mkb42, so I don't know ifTW is going to be adding more regular weapons or if they'll be doing more abstract stuff.

Actually, the Spectre isn't at all related to the M4, that's just part of its name :p To put it short, the Spectre came from Italy, while the M4 was from the U.S.
(If you want to see moar about the Spectre, go here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectre_M4)

Yeah, Tripwire's been going ham with unique/interesting weapons (the Harpoon Bomber and Bile Blower for example) so I don't have high hopes for them to apply IRL weapons in-game anytime soon. Just throwing some ideas out there :p

Upvote 0
Lol that last IRL weapon added was the Rising Storm Tommy Gun which was summer of last year.
FAL was released 2 years ago summer, And even in between FAL - RS Tommy, there is more you didn't list.
Well I didn't count RS tommy and Mkb because they are just there for rising storm.
But which ones did I miss? :0
I'm not saying I didn't miss any I just dunno what they are.
Although if we're talking about DLCs, I don't think they've ever added RL weapons in DLC except the first thompson.
So many thompsons.

Upvote 0
What?
How is this going to work :confused: ?

My idea is the best IMO. My idea is alpha and omega simultaneously.

The difference is that FluX's idea has a chance of being a reality.

It's more we get so much free content out of them, paid DLC is fine by me. Some of the prices get sketchy but I support TWI and with the hours I put into KF, it's worth it to me.

Also I rather them let us pay for new content so we can get a KF2 :p

Upvote 0