• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ideas for extending life, replay value and immersion

First off I’d like to say thank you to the entire team for creating this game. Maneater is an extremely fun experience and I thought I’d go ahead and add a few ideas to make it even better.

1. New Game + with extra achievements/rewards for another go.
- So the biggest problem it seems for Maneater is that once you are level 40 and completed everything there is literally no goal anymore. My vision is a New game+ mode unlocked once you complete the main game where all your passive perks you’ve earned (like subliminal evasion) carry over with you when you start the new game. These perks should be back to level 1 it would still be nice to have them at the start!

2. New DLC with new creatures and events added to the main world too.
-
Someone posted an idea on here about a pirates themed DLC with the Kraken as the final boss, honestly I think that would be amazing. With that I honestly would love to see creatures like Tiger sharks, octopus, and of course dolphins (single or in pods) added to the games world for variety and immersion’s sake.

3. AI Predators and Prey Fish interactions
-
One immersion adding thing that should be added to the game is interactions between the ai creatures in this game. It would be absolutely amazing to see Predators fighting each other or going after prey/eating every now and again. This could be set to like 10-15% chance of happening in certain situations (if creature A is within distance from creature B it has chance to activate) so it doesn’t become extremely common.

4. Improvements to human prey AI.
-
Honestly of everything in game nothing breaks the immersion more than how humans react to people getting eaten next to them. I personally would love to see humans actually run away from danger instead of standing still waiting to be devoured. I like the initial freaking out animation, but after let’s say .5 second they need to run directly away from the player if the shark is spotted. If they are on an island they should run for the middle and try desperately to avoid the player on land. There’s nothing more fun than the thrill of hunting/stalking to finish the objective. I don’t mind having to wait for either a cool down (when people will return to the beach/mission area after you leave or stay hidden) nor slapping a few fish/turtles out the water to kill stealthily. This would make (kill 10 people) missions a lot more fun/challenging.

5. Survival Mode or additions
-
The one thing that I always wondered about on Maneater is how cool it would be to have a certain hunger bar and a brutal (don’t make mistakes or you will die) fighting system. A system where hunger goes off the size of your shark/activity and the size of prey matters (becomes less filling) as you level up. You can actually give yourself negative perks from overeating or lose health from not eating enough and this changes as you level up. As for the combat it should be brutal, I’m talking if you’re the same size then 2 to 3 hits and it’s death for either side. 1 or 2 thrashes and you’re dead, bigger predator can insta kill you with one go (5 levels or higher than you with skull icon by their description) you can also one hit kill lower level enemies too. This is just me wondering, but I think it would be cool.

Well that’s pretty much all I’ve got for now, only other thing I wish we had in game was either a lower tier subliminal evasion perk or a way that enemy creatures like 8 levels lower than you become passive. Muskies, Barricuda, and other low level enemies become super annoying once you’re way too high level for them to even hurt you. Well anyways thank you guys again for making this unique and fun game, can’t wait to chew into all that comes in the future.

Reactions: DatShark489
I’ve been brainstorming a bit here and I’ve got 2 things that could be immediately added as rewards for new game+ or new DLC completion (if we get any 🤞🏻).
1. Ability to revisit point of interest locations! and hear the dialog again.
- There are so many good one liners in this game, it’s a shame we only get to hear them once. This would be a great “game complete or area 100% done” reward!
2. Maneater Show main theme unlocked to use on main menu (press start) screen!
- Ok let’s be honest here, the title song from the in-game tv show absolutely rocks!! “Shark in the river” I’d personally love to unlock the option to have it play when you fire up the games main menu screen. This should be an ultimate reward!

Upvote 0