• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I think the devs are up to something....

Sichartshofen

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
So, I'm about to play RO when I notice this at the top of the list.
servber1gn4.jpg

IP: 63.211.111.83:7757

Let the speculation begin.

It is our 50 slot server we are using to test some things. If you were in IRC you would know these things. We are looking again at the effect of more users on CPU performance.

We are debating to up the hard coded player count for admins to play with as well depending on how this turns out. This doesn't mean that it will happen however.

And a smart fellow will notice that we are only running small infantry maps for a reason on that server.

Upvote 0
Hmm.

If bumping the player count needs to be held within small maps in order to still play effectively.... doesnt that defeat the purpose?

32 is enough on small infantry maps, no? We need higher player counts on the BIG maps - with the tons of possible explosions and tracers and calculations all happening at the same time. But, uhh... good luck and thanks for trying :p;) :D

okay, what're you reeaally doing >_>

(btw irc is unavailable to me due to circumstance, so i miss out on the dirt :( )

Upvote 0
I was lucky enough to get in there. My usual ping to a server in the states is around 140. When the player count went upto the 40ish mark it started creeping up towards 180. It was good though, and I didnt experience too much lag at those numbers

Opinion on TS, was that it was certainly worthwhile.

I even managed to shoot Yoshiro! Only once fair enough, but still... :D

<RTR>Sgt.Ricky.EU

Upvote 0