• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS I really want to like RS BUT.....

Flashburn

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 13, 2013
Washington STATE
I just can NOT like this expansion. I mean it looks great...the guns and model and everything are top notch. But I just can not get over things like the flamer, a zillion knee mortars, machinegun central and the really strange frantic cod whatever gameplay.

I know... tired story at this time. SO many nerf/less the flamer/knee mortar. ON the flamer more IS NOT BETTER! And why does IT HAVE TO BE IN EVERYMAP! Why do there have to be 4-6 bar or machine guns? And type 100's everywhere? Or knee mortars all over the place. ANd don't get me started on the direct fire crap of the thing. I know HISTORY guy in me has issues.

I just HOPE the custom maps MIGHT attempt a different weapon formula in future. I really DO want to like it. But after 15 minutes I just hit quit a lot of times. Usually after 4x getting flamed...blown up with a knee mortar....all those arty strikes.....or the 10th encounter with name your machine gun here (usually as Japanese rifle guy). I must say the custom RO2 maps with more sane numbers of various automatics does make me pretty happy.

DAMNIT 2ndtime today I stuck in the wrong place. OMG. SEE its getting flamed 6 times that did it!

Yeah so modders make it better! We're sick of IJA with the best American weapons and how jungle maps boil down to just hunting peripheral markers and listening for random battle chatter. Then give us some tanks that work and maybe even some amphibious tractors we can actually take to sea with. Then when that's all no longer an issue someone make a map centered around doing nothing but shooting down kamikaze recon planes from the deck of an aircraft carrier. MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Upvote 0
all you do is complain complain and complain

That's me! Mr. complain pants. I also have a block of cheese glued to my arse! :p

And the intention of the post, which nothing said has not been said by others. Was simply that I hope future community mapping projects may do a bit different balance. OH whatever. Where is my wine?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Custom maps make RS play much better, sort of like the difference between Barracks and Bridges. Be patient....:)

Well I love me my bridges! Good point.. I have NOT played any of the few RS custom maps out there yet.

Oh and I should point out that it is NUMBERs of certain weapons that gets my goat. Overall RS is quite well put together. Put I think default RS is NOT aimed at my type of FPS guy. Main gripe is numbers of knee mortars and flamers.. And being able to NOT have to deal with the flamer now and then. I would like to see more early war force on force stuff. You know...when a US squad would have 1 tompson, 1 bar, and springfields. Which for RS purposes = 3 or 4 SMG's, and 3 BAR's. With 25 or 26 rifleman!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well I love me my bridges! Good point.. I have NOT played any of the few RS custom maps out there yet.

Oh and I should point out that it is NUMBERs of certain weapons that gets my goat. Overall RS is quite well put together. Put I think default RS is NOT aimed at my type of FPS guy. Main gripe is numbers of knee mortars and flamers.. And being able to NOT have to deal with the flamer now and then. I would like to see more early war force on force stuff. You know...when a US squad would have 1 tompson, 1 bar, and springfields. Which for RS purposes = 3 or 4 SMG's, and 3 BAR's. With 25 or 26 rifleman!

Have you even tried playing classic? The kits are more limited, and its harder/slower.

Upvote 0
I just can NOT like this expansion. I mean it looks great...the guns and model and everything are top notch. But I just can not get over things like the flamer, a zillion knee mortars, machinegun central and the really strange frantic cod whatever gameplay.

I know... tired story at this time. SO many nerf/less the flamer/knee mortar. ON the flamer more IS NOT BETTER! And why does IT HAVE TO BE IN EVERYMAP! Why do there have to be 4-6 bar or machine guns? And type 100's everywhere? Or knee mortars all over the place. ANd don't get me started on the direct fire crap of the thing. I know HISTORY guy in me has issues.

I just HOPE the custom maps MIGHT attempt a different weapon formula in future. I really DO want to like it. But after 15 minutes I just hit quit a lot of times. Usually after 4x getting flamed...blown up with a knee mortar....all those arty strikes.....or the 10th encounter with name your machine gun here (usually as Japanese rifle guy). I must say the custom RO2 maps with more sane numbers of various automatics does make me pretty happy.

DAMNIT 2ndtime today I stuck in the wrong place. OMG. SEE its getting flamed 6 times that did it!

You're such a drama queen, did you know that? people like you always have to blame the game, the weapons and so on. I've been going after people like you and I have to say this, it isn't the game son, its you and you're the one that sucks because I play the game and my friends play the game and we all enjoy it to the max so if you think this game is like "Call of Duty" then you must be close-minded because this game is nothing like Call of Duty whatsoever kiddo. You need to stop complaining. RS and RO2 are both outstanding and I love WW2 games and these are the best yet so keep quiet and predominantly people like you give this game a bad rep. I hate seeing complaints about this game everyday because its not the game and nothing is wrong with the game, its you and that's it so stop being a cry baby and learn to play the game. You'll get better as you play but if you keep giving up and saying the game sucks you will get no where and that's just the damn truth so play and enjoy the game or find another game to play, period.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
all you do is complain complain and complain

Ok so if we just saw an SS of the models IG then why are they not in the servers yet? they should be in the servers by now

2 years later....

The Waffen SS models may never even be released and if they are released its prob going to be near Christmas or maybe even next year

Omg lets get these models in the damn servers

are they even almost done yet? they should be in the servers by now >.>

when do they plan on adding the ss models in? its been a year. a lot of people have been waiting for the models to be added in and such and its taking ages. models were already tested on a server and still not public.

I just wish they would release the models on servers already

*cough* *cough*

There are countless other exemples, but I leave it to you to look for those silly comments.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=88113http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=88113

Edit: BTW, I completly agree with you Flashburn.

Last edited:
Upvote 0