• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I have a GPF

Paajtor

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 30, 2006
The Netherlands
youtu.be
Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 2202 MHz with 1022MB RAM
Video: RADEON 9800 PRO (6571)

General protection fault!

History: UObject::processEvent <- (ROHud RO-Konigsplatz.ROHud, Function ROEngine.ROHud.PostRender) <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level K

Np, I just posted as requested by Yoshiro in one of the sticky's in this forum-section.

Had another 2 GPF's.

#2:

History: UObject::processEvent <- (ROHud RO-Orel-88vs76.ROHud, Function ROEngine.ROHud.PostRender) <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level RO-Roal To Orel <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

RO-log txt:

Attachments

• RO-log2.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
#3:

History: UObject::processEvent <- (ROHud RO-KonigsPlatz.ROHud, Function ROEngine.ROHud.PostRender) <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level K

Attachments

• RO-log3.zip
    14.7 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
I want to add, that I tried every tip and tweak I found in these forums, and varified my game-files, emptied Prefetch (which I do on a regular base anyway) etc.

In an attempt to cope with these GPF's, I changed the paging-file location... from my D-drive to my C-drive (system-managed size, as always), plus that I installed different graph-drivers: I had the old Cat.5.9's installed - because I have a few games that run excellent on those - but I got the 6.5's instead...gonna test them online in a moment.

I have the impression, that maybe these GPF's are related to how either RO, or XP handles memory-management...hence my paging-file change.
So far, it looks like this change has reduced the # of issues.

Some other issues I had with RO, are:

- spontaneous CTD, usually followed by a GPF.
- Blue screen of death...reset requiered.
- Black screen for up to 10secs, with sounds still working...in most cases RO suddenly continues.

Sometimes, I get one of these issues after only 10mins of play, but other times I can play for up to 2hrs, before something starts to freak out.
It's hard to find a pattern...sometimes, it looks as if it's related to sound (a system-hang with a sound looping in the background), but other times there's no real cause that I can see.

I use 3D-sound (so NOT HW-3Daudio), but changed the # of channels from 32 to 64...this gave me the best sound in the RO-mod and UT2004, and this is still the case.
I think my CPU (AMD XP3200+) can handle that easily, online.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No idea, moNxx...:confused:

In the meantime, I just continue posting every GPF I get...hope it helps to track down the problem.

#4:

Video: RADEON 9800 PRO (6614)

History: ULevel::MoveActor <- VehicleWheelDustEffect <- ULevel::MoveActor <- PanzerIIITank <- AActor::postKarmaStep <- PostStepAndDestroy <- KWorldStepSafeTime <- KTickLevelKarma <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level RO-Roal To Orel <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

RO-log:

Attachments

• RO-log4.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
I had some different issues the last 2 days.
Suddenly - on a server with <50ms ping - the screen freezes, and I get a short sound-loop (footsteps, gun)...then the screen goes black.

I've learned that if this is the case (black screen, still on the server), then I have to fire my weapon once.
This seems to trigger some event which keeps me on the server...I hear a loud bang (my weapon?), some HD-activity, and suddenly after 5secs or so I'm back in the game again.
Then I let fps and ping stabilize, and I can continue.

Usually, this happens after only 5-10mins after joining the server.
Often it stays stable after this...sometimes it happens a 2nd time shortly after.
After that, I can play for up to an hour or so.

A few days ago, I've changed some stuff:

- set paging-file on C, system-managed size
- updated to Cat6.5's
- installed the very latest DirectX
- enabled sound-precaching...all other precaching is off.

Connection is tuned at http://www.dslreports.com/

Upvote 0
Paajtor,
Your issues sound framiliar to mine:
http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8072

Game freezes momentarily then continues. Freezing is maybe on a few seconds but time between freezes seems to increase as I'm playing. Except I my case my screen doesn't go black it just freezes, sounds some times loops, then back to the game. I have not got a GPF.
Basicly it comes down to 'Accessed None' errors in the log file. Reinstalling ROO might help ya, it didn't for me. BTW, I'm running nVidia.

Last edited:
Upvote 0