• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I have a crush on Mrs. Claws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anime is just like any other type of television show...lots of crap with a few really good shows. I loved Outlaw Star, Gundam Wing, Robotech, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Blood+, Fullmetal Alchemist, FLCL (I still don't understand a single thing about that show, but it's somehow awesome), Dragonball, and the first few seasons of Dragonball Z (it was fairly hit & miss though...too much filler, and screaming...). Liked Inuyasha for a while too but got tired of it cause the plot never really went anywhere.
Then there's crap you can't help but /facepalm at like Naruto or anything on Cartoon Network at like, 6 a.m. after Adult Swim is over...Beyblade, Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Bakugan, etc. Those shows are a disgrace to all of creation. Also, they suck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Slappy Cromwell
Upvote 0
I have watched anime, even "good" anime like Hellsing. I just don't like it. It's really kind of cheesy and the art style is just ridiculous to me.

And for god's sakes no anime is not like any other form of entertainment. For some reason people tend to become totally obsessed with it, talk about it incessantly and treat it like it's a lifestyle. Anime has some weird, elusive power that cannot be described but is irresistible to manchildren and teenage girls.

Upvote 0
And for god's sakes no anime is not like any other form of entertainment. For some reason people tend to become totally obsessed with it, talk about it incessantly and treat it like it's a lifestyle. Anime has some weird, elusive power that cannot be described but is irresistible to manchildren and teenage girls.

I've seen that with every form of entertainment, how is that special? :confused:

Upvote 0
Very narrow-minded way of thinking, SMIFF.

I guess you don't allow anything but your taste.
I myself wasn't into anime. I really hated it. All changed as I saw GITS. After I saw black lagoon and it totally changed my image of anime.

You sound like if you saw cheap hollywood movie and now you hate ALL movies.

I myself don't like ALL animes, some of them is really weird and I can't understand them, or some look too childish. But there some that fit me. And I enjoy it.

I could just say Coronation Street is for faggots, but I don't gonna do same mistake as you did. And not gonna judge it before I actually see it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have watched anime, even "good" anime like Hellsing. I just don't like it. It's really kind of cheesy and the art style is just ridiculous to me.

I myself admit to be a Hellsing and Death Note fan. But I don't get obsessed over it. Know why? Because Killing Floor already does that.

Well, I guess the best example would be yesterday, when I was channel surfing and saw a show called Beyblade. It was a dead-serious (Albeit poorly animated) show about kids fighting with spinning tops. I think crap like it is what most people think of when they think anime...
Not even the nuttiest of anime fans would watch that dumb show. I have a friend who's a total anime freak and changes his name to another anime character every week and even he admits that show was dumb.

I can't agree more. Those kids are screaming,"BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYBLADE!" like it's the best thing since sliced bread.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nah Corrie is more manly, there is absolutely nothing more manly than watching several old ladies argue with each other.

My testosterone is through the roof.

You couldn't be more wrong, 'stenders is so much more manly, they're shouting at each other the whole time! Hell, even the gay indian guy is more manly than anyone in corrie!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
My thumb recoils in horror and turns off the TV out of instinct whenever I hear the coronation street theme. The effect is much greater if I'm not holding the remote...

I do the same thing with Hollyoaks, such an awful show.
I won't even be watching TV, just have it on all the time out of habit.

But the moment I hear that "wow wow wa wa wa wa wahh" from the beginning of the theme I desperately go into remote control hunt mode.

The TV is within arms reach so I could just change it without the remote but.....it's just not manly at all doing it that way.

Upvote 0
I do the same thing with Hollyoaks, such an awful show.
I won't even be watching TV, just have it on all the time out of habit.

But the moment I hear that "wow wow wa wa wa wa wahh" from the beginning of the theme I desperately go into remote control hunt mode.

The TV is within arms reach so I could just change it without the remote but.....it's just not manly at all doing it that way.

Urg, Hollyoaks with its terrible theme.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.