• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] I get a green light which freezes.

When i first got RO2 beta , i installed that and had no problem with playing the game it worked fine . But when the RO2 the full version came out i had it pre installed and i was right to go , so i pressed play on my steam library . It sort of started to install the directX9.0c and then it come up with a unsetup error saying it was going to close the program down . Then it came up with the UE3Redist icon ( GREEN LIGHT ) I thought it was loading the game so i left it , i came back in 10 minutes and it was still there and it froze my computer so i restarted my computer . Thought i would try it again and the same problem occured .
So i talked to some of my mates that have RO2 and they sugested to verify the game cache then reinstall RO2 , so i tried that and the same problem occured . I tried doing that a couple of times to no result .
One of the guys that has RO2 sugested that i have bad ram , im not sure if that is a issue ??
Maybe i should re-install steam then re-install RO2 ??

Does anyone have the same issue or can anyone help me , i just want to play RO2 :(.:(

Computer Specs :
AMD Athlon (tm) 64X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+ , 2.41GHz , 2.00 GB Ram , Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT , Sync Master Samsung 24inch Monitor .

Last edited:
When i first got RO2 beta , i installed that and had no problem with playing the game it worked fine . But when the RO2 the full version came out i had it pre installed and i was right to go , so i pressed play on my steam library . It sort of started to install the directX9.0c and then it come up with a unsetup error saying it was going to close the program down . Then it came up with the UE3Redist icon ( GREEN LIGHT ) I thought it was loading the game so i left it , i came back in 10 minutes and it was still there and it froze my computer so i restarted my computer . Thought i would try it again and the same problem occured .
So i talked to some of my mates that have RO2 and they sugested to verify the game cache then reinstall RO2 , so i tried that and the same problem occured . I tried doing that a couple of times to no result .
One of the guys that has RO2 sugested that i have bad ram , im not sure if that is a issue ??
Maybe i should re-install steam then re-install RO2 ??

Does anyone have the same issue or can anyone help me , i just want to play RO2 :(.:(

Computer Specs :
AMD Athlon (tm) 64X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+ , 2.41GHz , 2.00 GB Ram , Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT , Sync Master Samsung 24inch Monitor .

Why don`t you ctrl / alt / delete to exit a frozen screen?????
I see many people restart their pc.

Upvote 0