• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I feel like I'm cheating...

Corona67

Aug 29, 2011
I've been really enjoying RO2 so far but I think I will stop playing it a bit until they get the stats fixed. I was a bit sceptical about the upgrade system but I then started looking forward to unlocking stuff, it gave just a little boost, something to strive for. Especially the Removed Sight Top on the Kar-98. But the next day I get in game, check my stat progress and I'm level 83? I was 21 before. And all the unlocks for the Kar, Naget rifle, MP-40, PPsh and so on. I feel... let down. Like all the fun of hoping if my next kill will upgrade my weapon or the next capture point will promote me. I would like an ETA on the stats fix (Yes, I have searched for a thread with the next patch it might be fixed, haven't found anything). The stat fix date would be greatly appreciated. And thank you for taking the time to read my rant post ;).

Tripwire messed up big time with the statistics and unlock system.

Not only it wasn't working at launch, but a bug has been giving people tons or unlocks they never earned and it's still going on. They should have removed all stats when they saw it didn't work and maybe bring them back later as an upgrade to the game.

Now that nearly everyone has seen what could be unlocked (and how useless most of it is) and been spoiled with the few good upgrades, it seems too late.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In a sense the broken stats are a game evener, not a "cheat". Now most people have high rank, even without having to do something. Which is surely fairer than a few people having huge bonuses and casual players having none. I mean have you seen how large the bonuses are? They're totally game changing.

This is also a picture of the end game. Everyone heros, mkb's everywhere, MP40-II's everywhere, scopes everywhere etc etc. You can reset all you like, within months the same thing will happen without the bugs. Only then the hardcore players will have a 20% odd bonus while the casual players will be getting shafted. Hardly enticing to new players is it?

The entire logic of unlocks in a FPS is retarded. And it's only a matter of time until people switch to modded unranked servers.

Upvote 0
stats dont mean jack crap in RO2. Level 25 weapons just to get a Drum mag for PPSH or dual mags for Mp40, trust me, aint worth it.

That it very silly of you to say. Double the ammo capacity for the ppsh means nothing does it? It's a huge boost to room clearing ability, it's very naive to think otherwise. And you also seem to have overlooked the vast bonuses classes get as they level up.

And for the record, I have the drum unlock for the ppsh and it most certainly is very much worth it.

Upvote 0
stats dont mean jack crap in RO2. Level 25 weapons just to get a Drum mag for PPSH or dual mags for Mp40, trust me, aint worth it.

stats don't mean jack**** and do not effect my game play

*COUGH*

rogame2011-09-2514-14-20-99.jpg

Upvote 0
I still havent got any stats boost,it has been as it should be and I'm at honor lvl 57 I think,while I see a lot of lvl 70-80+.

when I was at level 25 I got promoted to level 75 and immediatelly disconnected from the game and when I went back it was all back to normal,I almost bit the bullet :D

EDIT:

I spoke to soon...... This morning it jumped me to lvl 86......... I disconnected but apparently not fast enough :(

Upvote 0

We need some max vs min comparisons ingame before you can assume its a big difference. It might be 5% total bonus on the stat but its displaying the percentage of the max bonus if you know what I mean. Rather than it being a scale of 0-100% bonus the total might be 20% benefit to the stat, so at 75% you would have 15% bonus.

I hope its not a full 100% bonus though, that would be so bad for gameplay

Upvote 0