• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I do not think there is poor hit detection.

Just gonna vent some frustration.

Just finished playing on a server with only 10 people on. Everyone had a ping of around 50. Hit detection was still very weird, tho not as bad as on more populated servers. In addition to that I got the gun freeze bug over and over again.

This is just so frustrating.

Add to this the fact that everyone is running around with an automatic or a semi-automatic weapon and it's really ****ing annoying to play.

****ing hell... I hate when games piss me off like this. I don't get pissed when I play badly, but if I loose because the game is just not working as it's supposed to, it annoys the living **** out of me.

21.png

Gonna take another long break before I try RO2 again, hopefully at least something will be fixed by then.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stahlhelmii
Upvote 0
It would have been a massive, massive oversight on their part to make a material penetration system, with bullets going through solid concrete, only to have an arm stop a round from going through to the torso.

I mean, it's an oversight I could understand, but it'd be a criminal one in my book. I'm really hoping it's not like that.

If it hit bone (which of course it should shatter to shards and keep on going) and that is what is supposedly stopping it, he would be incapacitated with a shattered arm bone and massive internal damage and bleeding, not pulling out a bandaid, getting a kiss from mommy and it's all better, go get those bad guys now ...

Upvote 0
Just gonna vent some frustration.

Just finished playing on a server with only 10 people on. Everyone had a ping of around 50. Hit detection was still very weird, tho not as bad as on more populated servers. In addition to that I got the gun freeze bug over and over again.

This is just so frustrating.

Add to this the fact that everyone is running around with an automatic or a semi-automatic weapon and it's really ****ing annoying to play.

****ing hell... I hate when games piss me off like this. I don't get pissed when I play badly, but if I loose because the game is just not working as it's supposed to, it annoys the living **** out of me.

21.png

QFT. If I suck I laugh at my own suckage and call it a day. With this game, it's bugs that kill me more often than not.

Upvote 0
16:9/1920x1080 -- the proper resolution for my widescreen. I see and appreciate where you're going, but I'm not using an improper resolution.

No no, I wasn't about to say it was an improper resolution or that it's any user's fault. The resolution you set it to should work as expected.... it's something that Trip is going to need to figure out and fix, but in order to help them fix it faster, it's better to try and narrow down what could be causing it.

I didn't come in here to point the blame finger at anybody.... I just want to see if the problem can be isolated and eventually solved.

I know it has nothing to do with people not knowing how to aim, as many of the people who are having this problem have played previous RO's and know how the weapons work. I have previous RO experience and adjusting to RO2 was very easy.... so for that many old RO vets suddenly being that incompetent simply wouldn't be logical.

I'm done making ridiculous adjustments to compensate for all the problems with this game. This one they've been aware of since beta, and they flat out refuse to even acknowledge it.

Again, nobody should have to make rediculous adjustments to compensate for a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place, but until the problem is fixed, in order for the player to continue to enjoy the game and not have the problem, there's not many options available by to test out other options.... in the process, one might find out exactly what's causing the problem and help Trip and many other players out and maybe get a neat little present from Trip for their efforts. :cool:

You've got people with mega machines gimping their settings and getting low fps ... hell, since the last patch, I've gone from a steady 40-50 fps with no stutter to a 16-34 random fps stutter-fest with a machine that exceeds their recommended requirements, and have received nothing from the devs on that one other than thinly-veiled assertions that it's suddenly, coincidentally a problem with my computer or settings that magically appeared instantaneously with the last patch!

Understandable, but no good will come from Trip making an assumption or claim of a problem that they don't know exactly what or how it is happening & they can't reproduce.

My system exceeds all the recommended settings as well, except for my video card which slightly passes the minimum and besides my limited video card giving me an average of 16 FPS, everything else runs perfectly fine and I can still run the game in Ultra.

(just as a note, taking my settings down from Ultra to medium or low made no difference on my FPS)

For the record, I use 4:3 - 1024x768 almost all the time to play, and I noticed the hit-reg issue when I used the same resolution you are using, which is also the proper resolution for my monitor.

My only tie that makes me focus on the resolution being where the problem lies is due to the hit reg issues only occuring when I used the 16:9 rather than a 4:3 ratio.... at this stage it's still only a guess.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So please Grand master , Explain this :rolleyes:: Red Orchestra 2 - Ammunition well spent - YouTube

Happens to me many time on 24/32 servers with less 100 ping ( not my vid BTW ).

Wow this has never happend to me... If some of you guys are experiencing this must be a gamebreaker. Problem is we can't see what ping he's playing on. Could this be related to particular servers? Do you get this every game you play no matter server ping etc?

Upvote 0
Honestly now, this again?

This problem existed in the mod, it existed in Ro:Ost, and now it exists in Ro2, it is well known, it seems to mostly happen at clouse ranges, and we've been dealing with it for 8 bloody years.

Something about TWI's code isen't working quite right, and it never has worked quite right, this problem is nothing new, and many of us have 8 years of first hand experiance with this bug, it very much does exist.

And no, we could not reproduce it in the mod or in Ost either, and certainly not from lack of trying, but it just plain seems to happen at utter random, there is no visible pattern, no obvious causality, it can happen with great pings aswell as terrible pings, it just plain happens whenever it wants to, and allways has, and thus it has never been fixed.

Upvote 0
You're going to "lead" a shot at a guy right 5 feet in front of you? You're completely missing the point -- nobody's talking about long range shots on moving targets.

I don't think I'm missing the point. What I don't understand is what point you are trying to make. Also, though I wasn't just talking about long range shots on moving targets some people have been on this thread.

Upvote 0
I've been playing 1280x1024 (4:3) since release, and I've experienced this since release.

Hmmm..... now I'm just going out on a limb, but what would happen if people went out of the 1280 area of resolution?

Maybe it's not the ratio, but the size of the resolution.

I'm only clinging onto this theory of mine because I'm revolving around my own limited experience in this hit-reg issue, where it only occurred to me when I bumped up to 16:9 - 1280 or higher resolutions.

Both 1024x768 and 1152x768 (or whatever that 1152 res is) have worked just fine for me and I experienced no hit-reg issues.... anytime I increase my resolution beyond that, I'm simply cannon fodder on the battlefield cuz I can't seem to hit anything, especially at close range.

Upvote 0

This problem existed in the mod, it existed in Ro:Ost, and now it exists in Ro2, it is well known, it seems to mostly happen at clouse ranges, and we've been dealing with it for 8 bloody years.

Something about TWI's code isen't working quite right, and it never has worked quite right, this problem is nothing new, and many of us have 8 years of first hand experiance with this bug, it very much does exist.

And no, we could not reproduce it in the mod or in Ost either, and certainly not from lack of trying, but it just plain seems to happen at utter random, there is no visible pattern, no obvious causality, it can happen with great pings aswell as terrible pings, it just plain happens whenever it wants to, and allways has, and thus it has never been fixed.

I've never had this in RO1 neither in the mod... this is crazy?

Upvote 0
I don't know about the guy in the vid, but I never change my sighting. There's just no reason for it in 90% of the maps.

This is an old standing problem
Like how TWI browsers always seem to like to quit on you?

If this is ye olde problem, I guess they should move on to something more solvable, like screwed up melee hit detection while prone. I'm hoping they can make some progress on this though. 50% of the time, CQC is fun and dramatic. The other 50%, it's just full of "WTF IS THIS ****!" moments.

It's like the total opposite experience of what I used to see in BF2 at release. There, CQC was highly accurate, while bullets seem to randomly disappear after 100m.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is it just me or are the sights adjusted for like 300m?

Even if they were it woulden't matter, because you should still see the bullets hit a little above target, but there are no impacts at all, no bullets are getting fired there.

Yeah bullets can fail to fire at all, happened all the time in Ost aswell, and it was never more obvious than when tanking, because the tank shells where clearly visible in flight, so when you fired and nothing ever left the barrel, it was undeniable, you could see it wasen't working right.

Upvote 0

This problem existed in the mod,

Really?

I don't remember it in the mod. The only issue people had in the mod was bayonet attacks killing people before the animation completed, let alone started.

it existed in Ro:Ost,

Again, I don't remember it in RO1 either, but to be honest, I didn't get into RO1 until a while after release.

and now it exists in Ro2, it is well known, it seems to mostly happen at clouse ranges, and we've been dealing with it for 8 bloody years.

If it has been around for so long, how come this (RO2) is the first time I ever heard of it? :confused:

And if it has been around for that long, you'd think the devs would have noticed this problem a long time ago and resolved it.

If it has existed for so long, you people who are experiencing this issue must have kept pretty silent for all these years, because I've only heard of this issue around the RO2 beta release.

If people record whole rounds from time to time, I'm sure someone would have captured it by now.

Upvote 0
What are you on about Praxius? It has been mentioned plenty of times, hell i remember posting about it on atleast 6 different occations, and thouse are just threads i can remember, and there have been countless threads about it over the years, including evidence of people getting it on video (especially with the tanks, because it's so obvious there).

But as said, nobody has ever been able to pinpoint why it happens, and it hits at random, to me it happened maybe once a game, every 5'th or 7'th game i played in Ost, so it was rare, and seemed utterly random (i would check my ping every time it happened, but there was never a spike or anything that might explain it, no warping, none of the normal sings of a ping spike or packet loss), but the effect of it was undeniable, be it a tank shell that never spawned (and you can see thouse, so when one doesen't fire, it is undeniable), or shooting someone in the back with a Mosin at 2 meters range (and there's no way i missed! His whole body was taking up half my screen and i had all the time in the world to line up my shot) and having nothing happen for several shots before the guy finally noticed i was there, spun around, and killed me with a single shot.

It has allways been there, and likewise, so has the denial of the problem, because it seems not everyone experianced it.

Upvote 0
I've run up to an enemy MG guy reloading is gun on a windowsill, aimed my rifle at his face from 1m away, fired, heard the bullet hit sound and watched him continue merraily reloading without dying.

This was in a 32 player game with a ping under 100.

There is something very funky about hit detection especially when the cover system is involved.

Also Grobut is right this has been around since the mod, I remember posting a video of me carefully firing half a magazine from an SVT at a crawling enemy 5m away before one registered and killed him. It was ignored though, just like now lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grobut
Upvote 0