• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I can see now why devs move over to consoles

Dan.

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 28, 2011
I've whined about a few things on here.. I admit it. I have. Then I played RO2 for a few hours and felt bad, why? Because the game is awesome and the issues are perfectly fine to live with for a few months or whatever in comparison to the awesomeness. There's nothing else like it..

Sadly, PC gamers have developed this really childlike, whiny attitude when it comes to their games, I do it too, I can't explain it.. I think it's because for a lot of us we're more attached to our pc emotionally, I know it sounds weird, but we spend a lot of time on it, and want everything working perfectly. It just makes a bunch of really pathetic *****es who from being a bit disgruntled can jump onto the forums and scream from the rooftops how unfair it all is, but really maliciously and mindlessly, without sitting back and looking at the big picture .

Life would be so much easier (not to mention they'd make more money) developing games for a console.

What I'm getting at is. I honestly believe that all of this inane *****ing is slowly killing PC gaming. Would you like to develop a game for the PC after seeing what TWI have gone through?

B-itching*

Last edited:
I've whined about a few things on here.. I admit it. I have. Then I played RO2 for a few hours and felt bad, why? Because the game is awesome and the issues are perfectly fine to live with for a few months or whatever in comparison to the awesomeness. There's nothing else like it..

Sadly, PC gamers have developed this really childlike, whiny attitude when it comes to their games, I do it too, I can't explain it.. I think it's because for a lot of us we're more attached to our pc emotionally, I know it sounds weird, but we spend a lot of time on it, and want everything working perfectly. It just makes a bunch of really pathetic *****es who from being a bit disgruntled can jump onto the forums and scream from the rooftops how unfair it all is, but really maliciously and mindlessly, without sitting back and looking at the big picture .

Life would be so much easier (not to mention they'd make more money) developing games for a console.

What I'm getting at is. I honestly believe that all of this inane *****ing is slowly killing PC gaming. Would you like to develop a game for the PC after seeing what TWI have gone through?

B-itching*

This man is attempting to make up for the inadequacies of the Console-Gaming Market by bringing discredit and infamy to a player base which 1) knows what it wants, and 2) knows its rights.

Upvote 0
Sadly, PC gamers have developed this really childlike, whiny attitude when it comes to their games, I do it too, I can't explain it

It's called being demanding and asking for the best possible which console users ( being a mass ) stop asking a while ago.
RO 2 is a good game but people want it to be great ( and polished out )

Upvote 0
Well thought out OP, but actually, the reason so many developers are moving on to consoles is because game publishers are not interested in investing in PC titles because console games are percieved to be easier to sell and is less affected by software piracy. PC gamers are generally unwilling to pay 60 euro for a game while console gamers don't even give it a second though.

Upvote 0
I completely disagree. You get the same garbage, from both sides, when it comes to discussing console games, or the merits of one console over another.

If there is a difference, I would argue that PC gaming tends to attract a more serious group of fans. More PC developers interact with their fans to greater degree than you tend to find on consoles. You can beta test the game months in advance, give input and have an impact on the final product. Developers can provide patches and new content to anyone with an internet connection, not just subscribers or after getting it approved by MS/Sony. Beyond that, you simply have a massively larger casual audience with consoles. People who simply play the odd game and never associate themselves with a 'gaming community'.

I agree there are quite a few people who need to chill, but the people who are zealously defending Tripwire's honour to the death need to reevaluate a little too. A significant amount of both the whining and noisy blind loyalty is just in response to the other extreme.

Reactions: Somewhat Vague
Upvote 0
Hell yeah im emotionally attached to my PC, it's my first gaming rig I built! :IS2: On the side note, you cant blame people for whining because TWI promised a good gaming experience, **** they even threw out ads increasing the hype. If they didn't want problems on their hands in the first place then they shouldn't have advertised until they know the quality has been achieved. Of course human beings are going to whine, it's their damn money that they put on the line and it's in nature. Besides The concept behind criticizing adds pressure on the devs thus keeping them on their toes. Increasing better quality output. Its the same concept that is being played in the American public vs Obama administration.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Guys, I'm guilty of complaining too, I'm not complaining about you complaining, That would be both weird, and illogical.

What I've realised is that we should try and humble ourselves. TW keep saying, constantly that they tested and tested on all of their pc's in the office and didn't have the issues so many are having.

because they stayed loyal and true to the PC game market, which we should be really thankful for,they have these problems. Not many devs AT ALL make PC exclusives. seriously, hardly any. Most of the time we get ****ty ports.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you basically.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I haven't complained on here once. Sure I don't like a few things but I know in time it'll be settled.. There are more than enough complainers here for a lifetime so i know everyone else will complain about something I don't like and it'll probably eventually be fixed/balanced.. So I take the mature road and keep my mouth shut like a lot of people on here should but they just can't because they weren't raised right or something.. I was always taught to respect others and elders but I guess everyone else forgot what their parents taught them or didn't care.

I'm 26 years old, sure I'm still youngish I guess (i feel old =\ ) but I value treating others with respect, especially the developers who are giving me a game that I've wanted for a long time. I give them valueable feedback without complaining and moaning. You guys should think about your actions and try to better yourselves if you are part of this mass hysteria of whiners and complainers.

I've mostly been a PC gamer so I know what you mean about being emotionally attached to your PC, but that doesn't mean you have to cry about everything.. Consoles have just as much complaining if not more because there are more children on them.. Go try and play any of the COD games and listen to voice chat as little kids curse you out over the mic just because they can. Parents these days aren't teaching their kids manners or anything. I wish parents weren't so afraid to smack their kids arses these days. I know it helped me in the long run even though I didn't like it as a kid lol. You see friggin 8 year olds and younger running around with damn cell phones for christ sake.. If that isn't insane and just wrong then I don't know what is. No CHILD needs a cell phone.. Seriously /end rant

edit: I have complained actually... about complainers, lol. Not the game though,

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hell yeah im emotionally attached to my PC, it's my first gaming rig I built! :IS2: On the side note, you cant blame people for whining because TWI promised a good gaming experience, **** they even threw out ads increasing the hype. If they didn't want problems on their hands in the first place then they shouldn't have advertised until they know the quality has been achieved. Of course human beings are going to whine, it's their damn money that they put on the line and it's in nature. Besides The concept behind criticizing adds pressure on the devs thus keeping them on their toes. Increasing better quality output. Its the same concept that is being played in the American public vs Obama administration.

Seriously don't start trying to compare this to politics... Jesus....

You can blame people for crying about crap because they should have the self restraint and respect not to act like a 13 year old. Who knows maybe most of them are spoiled 13 year olds who got mommy and daddy's credit card to buy RO2 cause they though it looked UBER l337 like COD.. can't believe l33t speak is still around h onestly.. Kids must think its still cool lol

Upvote 0
TWI knows what the problems are and they have thick skin. If they really are the kind of hand I want feeding me, then they'll take the complaints in stride and pump out fixes and content like madmen - which they said they're gonna do.

But don't get mad at people complaining because you think it'll somehow "hurt" TWI's feelings. They're adults running a business, accepting complaints is just inherent to a profit-making venture.

Upvote 0
As someone who loves gaming and cares a lot for the development process, I can honestly say that I would rather develop for PCs any day. There may be unique challenges to PC development, but the gamer's are far from the biggest problem IMO.

There are things about PC gaming that are inherently superior, mod support, custom content, and a sense of community that XBL never gave me just for starters. If we don't want PC gaming to die the death that some people think it will, we neeeed developers like TW (companies that still feel strongly about the strength of PC gaming listed above).

What we need as PC gamers isnt for the companies we love and respect to move to consoles...We need more companies like TW that dispite their limited size and footprint in the industry continue to strive to make games that have a level of complexity that few other (and larger) companies bother to even try to match.

The technology, talent, and means of distributing games on the PC has gotten to the point where, like the music industry, average joes have the means to make a game they want to play. We need to see this same type of renaissance in PC gaming, were instead of trying to go head-to-head with AAA giants, gamers take up the tools around them and begin to make the games we want to play.

This would give the PC gaming world the flexibility to make the best games possible for the money they have. To make games that either wouldn't be possible by any other means, or push PC hardware to the limit. We need to have developers and games that can not only make the money required to stay afloat, but also justify the entry fee that PC gaming requires (high-end rig anyone?)

Last edited:
Reactions: cepwin
Upvote 0
Money is money. People love money. That is a sad reality but we require it to go about our lives. If we don't have it, look to the East of Africa at the moment. Perhaps that is a tad harsh an example given this particular musing of yours but you have to realise many developers and publishers work purely for cash. The console market, as has been said, is a lucrative pool to drink from.

Now, with indie developers you have usually a small selection of people working on a project. This is often a labour of love. A project they've conjured up alone and decided to spend their own time and money on making it tangible. They have the choice on which platform to deliver this product in an ideal World. In many cases, indie devs will choose PC because it is a platform they love.

Also, do you think the console market has room for a game like RO2? How many people would buy the game, take 10 minutes of playing and think "I don't like this. It's too much to absorb at the moment."?

Upvote 0