• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I am not colourblind...

Maddoxx

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Earth
Wtf?

I was trying to play online, but i have problems separating friend from foe.

It ended up with me hesitating all time....and i get killed. I dont want to keep shooting teammates.....would be a problem.

Grey and green colours? I dont see the difference and i am not colourblind or visually impaired.

Am i supposed to be at knifedistance to see if a player is friend or foe?

Because of this i play with bots instead... I cant keep killing teammates...will cause me problem eventually.

This is bad.... TWI should alter the colours, so enemy clearly has a different colour. It must be clearly discernable at also a great distance.

Last edited:
Axis players sprint with their gun in 1 hand. Alloed players sprint with their gun in 2 hands.

There's a map. Press M. Shows where all your team are.

Basic common sense. Don't classify everything that moves as a threat. Figure out where he is and what he is doing and you can generally guess what team he's on.

Uniforms are also pretty different. Russians are brown, germans are green. Americans are green japanese are brown. Nobody is grey. You may indeed be visually impaired if you think there's a grey team.

Upvote 0
A player told me there was a grey colour....

So, underdogs have brown colour?

Good tip though about one or two hands.

Still would make more sense if axis had same colour... And, the green colour is not that colourful...one would like to be able to clearly see it from a good distance...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Grey and green colours? I dont see the difference

i am not colourblind or visually impaired

These two statements seem to contradict each other.

I honestly got no idea what you're on about. Even if you can't tell the colors apart for some reason it's incredibly easy to tell people apart because of their gear.

That guy's covered in leaves? Japanese. That guy has a boonie hat? US.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
These two statements seem to contradict each other.

I honestly got no idea what you're on about. Even if you can't tell the colors apart for some reason it's incredibly easy to tell people apart because of their gear.

That guy's covered in leaves? Japanese. That guy has a boonie hat? US.

I never said grey...a player in game told me.

They all look brown to me...friend or foe.

I have good vision and i am not colourblind. I still have problem discerning teams. I dont go around looking map or details...though some can be good to have in mind.

I play as i cover distances and i see players all the time and i need to make quick decisions....this is when there is a problem for me. I cant tell the difference.

I have even switched teams to look closeup on teammates from both sides. Really, the supposed brown and green are not clearly defined. This is my observation..

No matter, i will play with bots. I dont want to keep shooting teammates by mistake and then get banned.

Upvote 0
Germans wear greenish-gray, Russians wear a bright yellowish tan..
In winter, Germans still wear greenish-grey... Russians switch to dark brown.

Japanese wear light brown. Sometimes camouflaged with green leaves.
Americans wear green.

In none of these scenarios do both teams wear brown uniforms.

As Nymets said if you have the graphics setting 'post processing' set to War Movie, it will de-saturate your game. But this still will not make the colours the same.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It is one of the hardest things to learn when you start playing this game. You will get the hang of it. It mostly comes down to knowing the maps and where enemies are, and common sense. At long distances it is hard to tell the difference in colors but experienced players can tell who is friend and who is foe. You'll learn the different running styles and soldiers outlines and things like helmets. After a while you just know without thinking. Of course, teamkills will happen. Everyone teamkills, noobs and pros. It's a big part of this game whether you like it or not. :D

I rarely teamkill anyone at long range with good visuals, thinking it's an enemy. Nah, most of my teamkills happens in close quarters, especially after killing some enemies in some trench and then a friendly shows up around the corner and I, jumpy and worked up after the kills I just made, shoots the poor guy, sometimes. :(

Upvote 0