• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I am a retarded?.

I myself do tend to be a little elitest with my perk loadouts, but only in the way that perks should be buying weapons to do their respective jobs wihtout having to hoard cash. I also belive if a player is playing a perk, he should be that perk start to finish, instead of swapping for discnounts all the time. Otherwise he isn't really playing that perk :).

In the same breathe, to me a player should be giving out the rest of his money to the team rather than saving up to buy himself a grenade launcher, katana or whatever.

e.g. Firebug should be using FT for crowd control, MAC-10, HC or whatever other weapon you use should be a fall back option for when the FT isn't enough and a headshot is required. Katana is good, but only if salvaged from a teammate or purchased on your behalf.

Support to me should be using his shotguns for penetration crowd control and hitting big specimens hard. He shouldn't be soloing them on his own. So again I would discourage use of Scrake HSing with the Katana.

It's kind of a don't use something lame mentality :)

Upvote 0
Ah sorry bout that, first time reading the "Berserker vs Scrake/FP" thread prior to this one. Excuse my error.

For me
Normal -> hard - Mix and match perk for the fun of it
Suicidal -> Hoe - Mainly perk weaps with the occasional off perk weap for "insurance"

At the end of the day we're here to have fun, as long as you can hold your ground in your chosen difficulty there is nothing wrong with going pure or mix and match perk weaps.

Upvote 0
Zerker and medic obviously are going to want to use off-perk weapons all the time, but there are other situations where it's useful.

M79 with combat shotgun and AA-12 is my favorite support loadout, the only way I'd take a hunting shotgun instead is if I were going for the melee/HS instant kill on scrakes, and I find that technique too finicky for regular use in full HoE games.

Commando with SCAR and M32 is great in small HoE games, you can easily solo fleshpounds if you catch them farther away and although commando is known as the anti-trash perk he really has no way of breaking out quickly like a support player unless he brings a grenade launcher.

Upvote 0
thanks to "Splatpope" I understand how play Killing Floor

Spoiler!

Upvote 0