• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

HSG-1 needed modifications

Splatpope

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 1, 2012
Belgium
-Remove the ridiculous robotic-ish charge sound made on reload. Seriously.

-Change the name to something else than HSG. This really just confuses people in regards to the Hunting Shotgun's name.
I perfectly know this was done to avoid problems with Kel-Tec, but really there are other names possible than this one.

Reactions: Lacedaemonius
I perfectly know this was done to avoid problems with Kel-Tec, but really there are other names possible than this one.
I suspect that another factor that led to the new name is that it's notably different from the real KSG, with its detachable box magazines. KF guns usually don't have realistic damage or capacity, but otherwise TWI keeps their realism at a moderately high standard. Saying that the IJC KSG is a fictional horzine weapon, instead of saying it is a KSG, maintains that realism standard.

And about the electronic beeping sounds, they are at least of nice quality. I think if those just got moved over to the M7A3, which actually has some electronics on it, ones relevant to the magazine, even, it would make sense. But it's not a huge deal.

Upvote 0
I suspect that another factor that led to the new name is that it's notably different from the real KSG, with its detachable box magazines. KF guns usually don't have realistic damage or capacity, but otherwise TWI keeps their realism at a moderately high standard. Saying that the IJC KSG is a fictional horzine weapon, instead of saying it is a KSG, maintains that realism standard.

And about the electronic beeping sounds, they are at least of nice quality. I think if those just got moved over to the M7A3, which actually has some electronics on it, ones relevant to the magazine, even, it would make sense. But it's not a huge deal.

Yes it's a huge deal good god

And the KSG can be fit with box mags, but that doesn't matter since keltec guns are a pile of garbage.

Upvote 0