• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

"HRG Entropy" Tier 5 Medic weapon

Milan

Grizzled Veteran
  • Apr 19, 2021
    Kazan
    HRG Entropy
    "Best minds of our generation have been working towards this project for the course of half a year now, Research Team presents to you, the pinnacle of medicine and science, ENTROPY.
    Even Horzine CEO showed up at this day to give credit to science team, altho at this day the power was out in the whole facility, because prototype consumes a lot of energy."
    " - It's highly unstable, don't let it overcharge"

HRG Entropy is a tier 5 field medic weapon​

Primary fire fires continuous energy beam with healing compound, on impact with any surface this beam creates growing healing zone, as science team explains - beam creates a vortex🌪️ of healing compound particles, which increases it's entropy / radius the more you hold primary fire.
    • Healing zone continuously recovers health of allies(but not your health) and hurts ZEDS, also applying emp power.
    If i had to demonstrate how this whole beam and growing zone thing should look, i would say, it looks exactly like Z.E.D. emp beam in kf 1:​

• The more you hold primary fire, the more charges HRG Entropy gets - radius of vortex increases, heal amount per tick increases, damage increases, and emp power increases.
    • Primary fire charges and fires simultaneously
    Suggested damage types: beam - ballistic shell(spray); Vortex - microwave
    / / / optional feature / / /
    • If you deplete a whole magazine without stopping, at the last second, excessive amounts of energy in the vortex will create an anomaly that simply will force any zed in it's area (except bosses) to teleport back to their spawns.​
    • Vortex gives teammates buff - while they're in the zone, they gain temporary armor

Secondary fire works as LMG, Hold the LMB to charge HRG Entropy in simmilar fashion to Killerwat's beam mode, releasing button will discharge energy bullets or as i like to call them "Daggers",
    • As you charge weapon, rate of fire after discharging will increase from ~800 up to 1200 max, spray factor and Gun hit power will also increase, minimal charge allows for short accurate bursts.

This weapon is for close - medium range, both healing and shooting wise, as opposed to it's tier. Compared to Hmtech 501 rifle which allows medic to be "anywhere at the same time or focus on multiple areas" with it's healing grenades, this weapon does the opposite, it allows to really focus on one area, gather your science team :D to withstand even the greatest threat. It's created for the most dangerous situations where other options are not enough to save your team - when your whole team is surrounded, you can just fire a beam into the ground, creating healing zone that grows exponentially, as well as damaging and incacipating zeds in it with emp, at the end of all this mess, trash zeds that are still alive will be teleported away from your team.
    LMG mode allows for supporting big zed takedowns or hordes of zeds.

Last edited:
    Do we have a medic main here? :p

It sounds like a beast of a weapon, ain't gonna lie. Something the medic is no stranger of (considering its meaty arsenal...), and I don't know if I really like it to be frank. Sure, it's a T5 weapon, but I believe even a weapon of that caliber should be somewhat moot in the hands of a medic. Especially in comparison to the HMTech-501 (which is, overall, pretty comparable to the 401... Having less ammo in exchange for a bit more damage, and less healing capabilities all around in exchange for a group heal that also applies to the medic himself). Here, it seems like it would definitely outclass the 501 in pretty much every way. And I can already picture the visual pain of such an effect-heavy weapon too. The EMP effects might just take the cake: it's totally superfluous imo.

I do like the idea of having a Killerwatt-like secondary fire... It does require commitment after all (time to charge + lots of ammo + slower movement... all for a devastating energy), just as I dig the idea of a weapon that gets stronger the more you use it. It's still spam-heavy alas, and considering zeds not only group up but move towards you, I'd see it being a little too good at dealing with crowds with little flaws (you'd rarely waste ammo or stay at lower charge if you can just let everything come at you and bring the pain).

Upvote 0
    Especially in comparison to the HMTech-501 (which is, overall, pretty comparable to the 401... Having less ammo in exchange for a bit more damage, and less healing capabilities all around in exchange for a group heal that also applies to the medic himself). Here, it seems like it would definitely outclass the 501 in pretty much every way.
    About that, Hm tech 501 offers you ability to kinda be present everywhere and cover multiple zones at once with healing, plus you can heal yourself for 80 hp! I say 501 rifle is more fitting for dynamic scenarios when your team is spread up.
    Entropy would be great for coordinated teams or scenarios when the entire team is defending one spot, allowing to focus on only one area, while sacrificing movement speed, and thus this thing doesn't heal you
    It sounds like a beast of a weapon, ain't gonna lie.
    Welp, you can say, i really like the sense of empowerment, :p opposed to some people who want challenge, although i only play HOE or HOE+
    I do like the idea of having a Killerwatt-like secondary fire... It does require commitment after all (time to charge + lots of ammo + slower movement... all for a devastating energy), just as I dig the idea of a weapon that gets stronger the more you use it. It's still spam-heavy alas, and considering zeds not only group up but move towards you, I'd see it being a little too good at dealing with crowds with little flaws (you'd rarely waste ammo or stay at lower charge if you can just let everything come at you and bring the pain).
    It may be good but you need to be sure everyone is safe because charging LMG and firing is time consuming and once discharged it can't be cancelled, making this weapon more situational, opposed to more versatile 501 with it's grenades being thrown left and right fast,

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    About that, Hm tech 501 offers you ability to kinda be present everywhere and cover multiple zones at once with healing, plus you can heal yourself for 80 hp! I say 501 rifle is more fitting for dynamic scenarios when your team is spread up.
    Well... Not really? Considering you cannot fire individual healing darts anymore, you'd want to maximize your very precious healing grenades by lobbing them at chokepoints, where multiple teammates can be healed (and if you can hurt zeds as well, that's even better !). But I guess that it's a "fire and forget" affair most of the time, and you can indeed cover at least two zones at once before the first grenade depletes. I would also assume that while the HM tech 501 can still hold its own at mid-to-long range, the Entropy would be stuck to close range only?
    Entropy would be great for coordinated teams or scenarios when the entire team is defending one spot, allowing to focus on only one area, while sacrificing movement speed, and thus this thing doesn't heal you

It's tough to see "not being able to heal you" as a true nerf, considering the medic has other tools to heal himself (either his healing grenades or buffed healing syringe... and that's not counting some other weapons you can use to heal yourself too). But I guess it's a bit more limited when talking about a T5 weapon that would surely weigh quite a lot. I'm never giddy about weapons and strategies that favors camping, I find it a little cheap and it can make playthroughs a little stale. But Entropy certainly wouldn't be the first... It's a bit unfair to blame it for a strategy it didn't invent at all.
    Welp, you can say, i really like the sense of empowerment, :p opposed to some people who want challenge, although i only play HOE or HOE+
    I read many game design content that explained how important it is to balance both factors ! I've said it a few times on these forums too, but in a nutshell : you want players to be challenged, otherwise they'll often get bored of the game pretty quickly. But you shouldn't challenge them TOO MUCH to the point where they just give up because they keep losing... Striking that balance ain't always easy, but thankfully there's an enormous amount of nuances in-between "too easy" and "too hard" ! Some people will crave the very harsh learning curves of roguelikes and souls-likes. While other crave a game that is easy to understand and hard to master...

All this to say that I believe we can always have both ;-)

It may be good but you need to be sure everyone is safe because charging LMG and firing is time consuming and once discharged it can't be cancelled, making this weapon more situational, opposed to more versatile 501 with it's grenades being thrown left and right fast,
    I guess so... And I also guess that it would be unfair to blame the Entropy for being "too good" with these two firing modes when the Killerwatt is just sitting here (and will receive a buff too... WHAT??)

I stiiiill believe that it might be a little too good for a healer to have. But turning the Killerwatt backwards (the beam being the primary fire, the energy bullets being the charged attack) is something I never thought of. Y'know what? Why not at that point. But it needs to be finely tuned to be a little weaker still... I'd like the Hmtech-501 to be the more straightforward option, being able to fire at full force from the get-go, and reaching further ranges. While the Entropy would be far quirkier, but potentially far more potent at closer ranges, in exchange for a less consistent damage and healing output.

Reactions: Milan
    Upvote 0