• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics How to produce a scrake/fp stumble

infntnub

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Pennsylvania
I have these perk abilities enabled on my Support and Commando, but do know the exact circumstances that triggers the "stumble" animations.

Is it just an event that is enabled once you hit a certain damage threshold?

Any inputs or elaboration are appreciated.

As of now I just aim for the head and wait for it to happen.. without really knowing what will ultimately cause it lol.

You can also cause a stumble with your melee bash, but it'll only work once per enemy (and once per player I think). They will ignore any bashes after that, so it's only good to buy yourself a couple seconds, not as a technique in a prolonged fight.

You can stumble ZED's with melee bash multiple times. There's just a cooldown before they'll be affected by another. Other players can also stumble them and foil yours if your not careful.

Upvote 0
but it'll only work once per enemy (and once per player I think)
No, it works off of a cooldown, and it's not per player.
So if I bash a scrake to stumble him, I can't stumble him again and neither can anyone or anything else, for eight seconds, but then he's free game again. 10s for FPs.

But, stumble, legstumble, knockout, and all sorts of zed reactions run on separate cooldowns with different times. So even though I just bashed a scrake and no one can stumble him for 8s, someone could immediately legstumble him. And then someone could immediately knock him out. And then EMP panic, and microwave panic, and fire panic, and poison, and stun, all without needing any cooldowns to finish, even though plenty already would have. Theoretically, a perfectly coordinated perk-diverse team could keep a scrake constantly overwhelmed and defenseless for as long as they have the ammo to cause the reactions.

Something particularly good even just by itself is legstumbling scrakes. You can do it every 3s and it lasts for 1.5s, with the cheap lightweight medpistol that most loadouts should include anyways.

I'll repeat it too: Go read simplecat's spreadsheet if you want loads of info about this or most other kf2 stats.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OooOo Thanks for all the additional inputs regarding this question.

You can stumble ZED's with melee bash multiple times. There's just a cooldown before they'll be affected by another. Other players can also stumble them and foil yours if your not careful.

Is the bash stumble only applicable to zerker? I've never managed to see this on other perks - although in fairness, I personally try it far less frequently when I'm not playing my zerk.

So if I bash a scrake/hans/pat to stumble him, I can't stumble him again and neither can anyone or anything else, for eight seconds, but then he's free game again. 10s for FPs.

I'll repeat it too: Go read simplecat's spreadsheet if you want loads of info about this or most other kf2 stats.

simplecat's spreadsheet has all the values in it. Compare the stumble power of weapons to the Zed resistance. It's easy to see in there why medic AR leg stumbles so easily.

Spreadsheet

Thanks for the info and advice - I'll check it out!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is the bash stumble only applicable to zerker? I've never managed to see this on other perks - although in fairness, I personally try it far less frequently when I'm not playing my zerk.
Bash stumble works for any perk.

When I'm a Medic I like to keep a Scrake locked down for a couple of seconds be leg stumbling, bash stumbling, then doing a second leg stumble after the cooldown is up.

Upvote 0