• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How to make this game monstrously hard

weeman2412

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 11, 2010
I was watching a couple horror movies while playing F.E.A.R .. and it dawned on me.. why doesn't KF have any zeds that can teleport?

SO here is what I propose..

A zed dressed up like the girl from the ring.. i.e. black hair worn down .. with dirty white dress.. and she hovers off the ground... basically she spawns.. and slowly glides towards you.. when she is within 50m range she teleports to a random 2m range around you.. within 1 second she stares at you and charges at you uncontrollable kind of like the witch from L4d2...

She should have the physical power of the clot.. but the defense slightly weaker than a scrake :) uber annoying and breaks player ranks FAST!

Just think about that for a minute.. how creepy would that be?

This could be a branch off of the brute idea.. but can the brute teleport? NAH :p

Once again this is just an idea.. I have no clue what the limitation of the UT3 engine is or if it even allows spontaneous teleportation..

ALso this is not a good idea to implement this in to the current game seeing how HOE is already maddeningly impossible ... perhaps this can be thought about when perk level 7 is released :)?

Last edited:
Reactions: YoYoBatty
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I believe that the idea of a zed called a "Spectre" which teleported. gained a lot of traction a while back.

Here's the link http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=42754&highlight=spectre

Different zeds, really, but same idea of teleportation. Just felt it might help to leave this here :D

Dang that was probably on like page 5 when I was searching for related topics :( That's for the heads up dude :) now the idea is revived.. consider it TWI!!! This will along with the brute is the next level of KF difficulty.. let's call the mode "Flipping tits impossible"

Upvote 0
Please, no... it's getting to much... magic... teleportation is already too much for me. What next? Clots with plasma guns? :confused:

Its Horzine, they're alowed to be magical. (yeah, that cannon that launches exploding fireballs is tooootally realistic:rolleyes:)

In my opinion, this zed's real problem is with trying to even out it's effects to preserve all the perk balance, and alot of the details and stuff. However, it does have a lot going for the it.

Upvote 0
Incendiary grenades launcher? Woah magic:eek::rolleyes:

From what I can tell, incendiary grenade launchers are very different.

Also, may I point out such things as: invisibility
magical all-healing potions
the ability to weld a wooden door to keep back a chainsaw
A giant man with a googly eye and chest dick, who turns invisible and has healing powers, along with a giant gun with unlimited ammuntion.

I am dissapointed, BenioX; there are a million possible arguments against this idea, and you choose realism:p

Upvote 0
But there MUST be a limit. I mean - it's like adding pixies in to KF. Simply would be TOO magical. Like adding elfs, dwarfs etc.

yeah, there is a limit: when the theme/atmosphere breaks. But a teleporting zed (or 'phasing zed', we could come up with a sci-fi-y word) could be done without being "magical". Just look at 9_6s picture, does that look like a pixie to you? No, that was rhetorical, it looks like a specimen that is attached to highly unstable but groundbreaking Horzine technology. There is a limit, but a well-done spectre does not cross that limit.

Anyways, can we please get off the topic of "is it magic", and back onto "is this zed a feasible choice gameplay-wise"? Thanks:D

Upvote 0
But there MUST be a limit. I mean - it's like adding pixies in to KF. Simply would be TOO magical. Like adding elfs, dwarfs etc.

Not necessarily.

Ever heard of wormholes?

Theoretically, the Spectre could open a wormhole around itself, with an exit where it chooses. This allows the illusion of "teleporting" when in fact it is moving through a tunnel in the space/time continuum.

Reactions: slavek and Benjamin
Upvote 0