• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] How to bring back Red Orchestra: Combined Arms

I hate to burst ya'll's bubble here, but I've been playing RO religiously since 1.2 and I have to say that Osfront beats it in nearly every aspect. It looks better, the movement system actually feels smooth, the weapons sound and look better, and its just grittier and more realistic over all. Remember the nuke nades?

Gees guys, I know we all like to get nostalgic from time to time, but please use your noodles and think about what your saying! Sure, there are little things like the HUD elements, and capzone indicators that I liked better in older versions, but I honestly can't see what you guys see. Hell, I even redownloaded the mod because of all of this chit chat about "zomg teh olderz mod is teh better," and I STILL can't see what you're talking about. *sigh*

Anyone else reading this thread that feels the same? Any devs that might think that as well?

Upvote 0
It's not like the PPSh's recoil was THAT much better back in the day. It still wasn't as it is in reality.

True, but the difference was enough that it was actually useable, and any scaling back of recoild would be welcome at any event.

I hate to burst ya'll's bubble here, but I've been playing RO religiously since 1.2 and I have to say that Osfront beats it in nearly every aspect. It looks better, the movement system actually feels smooth, the weapons sound and look better, and its just grittier and more realistic over all. Remember the nuke nades?

Gees guys, I know we all like to get nostalgic from time to time, but please use your noodles and think about what your saying! Sure, there are little things like the HUD elements, and capzone indicators that I liked better in older versions, but I honestly can't see what you guys see. Hell, I even redownloaded the mod because of all of this chit chat about "zomg teh olderz mod is teh better," and I STILL can't see what you're talking about. *sigh*

Anyone else reading this thread that feels the same? Any devs that might think that as well?

That is why i subscribe to the idea of a mutator, instead of going back.

RO:O has alot of nice things, like you said the movement is better, manual bolting is also something i dont want to be without, and i woulden't want to be without the new guns either.
But that doesen't mean we coulden't get back some of the nice things from the mod by using a mutator, like the more spartan HUD info, or the lesser recoil, RO:O could have thease things, and then we would have the best of both worlds.

Upvote 0
Opinions and arguments are all fine and well, but take them elsewhere per favore. The mutator option has been tried. The mod option has been tried. Resurrecting the beast has not.

I have listed the solutions here, if you would like to help step by step - hoorah. If you prefer Ostfront, you might be in the wrong thread.

Thank You, and Godspeed.

Upvote 0
Welcome to my world Bullettooth. He posted a thread about reviving Combined Arms not "Give Your Reasons Why Ostfront is Better" or "Classic RO Mutator". You cant win with these morons man.

All the fans of the original vision moved on although there is a clan that still plays the mod. I forget the name. You arent going to get any support here unless an old fan like me wanders in. I'd be down for helping you if I knew thered be more players than me, you, and however many of my old clan buddies I can gather.

Upvote 0
True, but the difference was enough that it was actually useable, and any scaling back of recoild would be welcome at any event.

I still say that RO:Ost PPSh recoil goes only "too high" or "insane" after you are out of stamina.

If you are not too exhausted PPSh recoil ain't that bad, almost nonexistant. Now support the weapon to something and it's like norecoil machinegun.

Welcome to my world Bullettooth. He posted a thread about reviving Combined Arms not "Give Your Reasons Why Ostfront is Better" or "Classic RO Mutator". You cant win with these morons man.

So practically it is not allowed to say "Bad idea" and why they disagree with this nostalgic idea?

... and this thread is about to turn into another realism debate!

What can you expect from elitistic pricks of the RO community? :D

Upvote 0

Completely agree, and I've been playing since 1.2, Ostfront is the best incarnation of this game yet.

Upvote 0
In my opinion, RO:Mod was much more atmospheric and immersive. RO:Ost is slightly faster paced and more suitable for "pwnage" style. But still, we all know that there's no going back. So, stop beating the dead horse :)

I'd say that's mostly because of the maps. Maps like Moscow Highway were a slaughterhouse if you didn't team up as germans.

Upvote 0