• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS How long on new maps

I really wanna see people take RO2 maps and put RS factions in them, and vice versa. I can't wait to use a flamethrower on Apartments or Commisars.

That makes me wonder how booby traps would work on those maps. I imagine the booby traps are dependent on textures, but the textures on HoS maps probably aren't "tagged" as allowing traps to be planted.

Upvote 0
Any word on potential Okinawa map?

And wasn't someone working on the Peleliu beach landing map? Or does it go by a different name?

Most likely they would come by Tripwire considering there are Okinawa map files in the SDK and there is a picture in that thread that's thought to be beito but it's clearly named Peleliu and shows a marine getting off a boat.

Upvote 0
That makes me wonder how booby traps would work on those maps. I imagine the booby traps are dependent on textures, but the textures on HoS maps probably aren't "tagged" as allowing traps to be planted.

textures? I thought it was just on terrain objects and some static meshes. Surely we could check this with some admin hax spawning in some grenades :p

Upvote 0
That sounds like the worst idea ever. The dumbing down of the entire franchise and goes against everything RO is about.

I think it's a little too harsh to be saying that. I do however think that we should not just be recklessly dumping new content into existing maps. I'm not a mapper by any measure, but I think that a significant factor in designing a map is determining what weaponry will be available on the map. It would be amusing to experiment with, for example, enabling flamethrower use on those maps Imperator314 mentioned, but it would be foolish to do so, make the map available for public play, and expecting much positive feedback.

To respond to Wtattearp: it will be a few months until we see anything "official", and community maps will of course have very variable release dates.

Upvote 0