• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How big will crossperking be for the survivalist?

TheTCREngineer

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
United Arab Emirates
So the survivalist has been announced, however, how big will his skills affect weaponry? Will he be able to shoot incendiary ammo out of all weapons including pulverizer, rpg, grenade launchers and etc? Can he use medics poison rounds on all weapons? Can he combine 2 grenades together? E.g HE + Molotov = KF1's Incendiary grenade, Medic Grenade + Ice Nade = to slow down zeds attacks and poison zeds over time while healing players and etc. Will his skills be like: Tier 1 SWAT vs Commando, Tier 2 Demolitionist vs Support, Tier 3 Medic VS Swat and etc? If so, will it be compatible with future weapons? If not, will any of these changes be added soon? What do you other guys think and can the devs share anything?

Hard to say, so far we dont know
- How many passives and which ones does it have
- If there are 2 skills each 5 levels - 10 skils for crossperk perk is kinda low. Much better would be classic skiltree and level cap 100 or so
- How and if this perk wil gain XPs

My idea how this could work:
- Some passives, level cap 50
- 50 unlockable skills - 5 related to each perk, one unlocked each 5 levels of that perk (you reach level 5 wth demo -> one demo-aimed perk will unlock for survivalist). One choice per 5 levels. 5 unique skills for Survivalist itself - one if it may unlock LMG :D

Upvote 0
Since they made the perk to save time-intensive work, I doubt they're going to re-engineer the perk or any other system for it.

My HOPE for the perks are that they're crazy like this:
"You may only have one primary and one secondary weapon. The primary does +x% damage and the secondary does -x%"
"While stationary you have +50 health. While moving you have +20% damage"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think that survivalist will have his passive skills. Example: Offperk weapon damage increased 1% per level.
Then we can choose 5 skills from any perk that only apply to weapons of that perk. Example
Level 5 - firebug lev 5 skill (It applies only to firebug weapons equipped)
Level 10 - berserker lev 10 skill
etc..
The interesting thing is that some are weapons related skills, others are character related skills, so we can choose for example Dreadnaught from berserker to increase total health by 75% and others bonus.
Anyway I think you can't combine effects. You can't have incendiary and poison effect at the same time. Because incendiary only apply to firebug weapons, poison only apply to medic weapons.

Upvote 0
My initial thought was cop out.... but.... it might actually be the perk that everyone ends up playing at the end of times!

Good idea. Will be interesting to see exactly how they handle the perk skill selections and what will be available.

EDIT: Ive actually changed my opinion back since I posted this initially! :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Now, I'd think that a jack of all trades wouldnt be better than a particular perk at what it does, but it will be more of a generalist perk. Good at alot of things but if you want to do a specific thing, you'd be better off sticking to the perk itself.

That being said, I bet you 100% that survivalist will be a better sharpshooter than sharpshooter.

Upvote 0
What the sharpshooter lacked to me on HoE, are the same things that lacked for gunslinger, demo, firebug and SWAT : resistance & polyvalence. You're great at dealing either with trash or big guys, but left defenseless against anything that is beyond your abilities, plus you're so squishy that any wrong move gets you killed in a matter of second, without even being able to say "I need a medic cos I'm getting rekt here". I've had wet dreams of being the last guy alive every round carrying the team even when it got eaten entirely at the start and this perk may either be one of the best thing for this game (for players who want to custom their stats according to their playstyle), or a nail in the coffin if not done right.

Last edited:
Upvote 0