• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Horses and Mules

Great officers professionally rode on horseback. The horse was more reliable and faster than mechanized vehicles in adverse conditions! But the most important role was in supplying the frontline so the the men could stay engaged in battle around the clock. These animals, on whom lives depended- They were even known to ferociously charge into the fiend's rank, breathing fire through their nostrils and to frighten the life out of them.

The question is not why to add the horses.. the question is why they haven't been in the game from the start.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'd rather have a TigerII :D
Your King Tiger is no match for a Panzerfaust Donkey:

But seriously, I don't think living animals could be represented in a realistic way in RO2. Those were mainly used for moving equipment and people behind the frontline. I bet some brainiacs would use horse-drawn carts for frontline attacking, which wouldn't be very realistic. That's the same reason I'm a bit hesitant of trucks and other cars too, those weren't much used in the immediate frontline.

Upvote 0