• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Info] Horrible performance / optimisation.

Just upgraded my 4850 to a 6870. The difference in The Witcher 2 and a few other games I've tried is incredible. I've gone from unplayable in lots of games to maxing them out at high framerates.

However, RO2 has gone from playable at medium settings to unplayable at anything. Before I was getting a more stable framerate, but a lower one. Around 40fps. Now I'm getting between 80 and 20 and it's unplayable. I haven't tried tweaking it all that much so I will have a go later.

Upvote 0
This is the worst performing game on my system.

I have an i7 2600 at 4.8gHz, 8gb ram, 3way SLI of GTX580 3gb cards.

I get between 39-70 FPS normally, with the dips to the 30's quite frequent, as well as stutters in the sound that cause it to stutter to 0 FPS.

If an almost 5 gHz CPU and 3 GTX580's can't get good FPS in this game I'm starting to wonder if the people who say "games working fine for me!" are just so used to crappy framerates on their low-end systems that they think it's fine.

I've had this piece of garbage since release and have only got 2 hours in game time, and all of those 2 hours were spent testing video settings and config file tweaks in efforts to get playable settings.

THanks for the fun Tripwire, time for BF3 tonight and I can hopefully put this RO2 mess behind me and forget about your broken game. (enjoy my non-refundable $50 though)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If an almost 5 gHz CPU and 3 GTX580's can't get good FPS in this game I'm starting to wonder if the people who say "games working fine for me!" are just so used to crappy framerates on their low-end systems that they think it's fine.

OS- Windows 7 64Bit
CPU- Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3GHz
GPU- NVidia GeForce GTX 550Ti, ~2748Mb
RAM- 4096Mb
FPS- ~50
Graph. settings- High

I have been wondering how some low to high end PCs do work with RO2 and some great PCs just don't work well. All I get is just slight stuttering for few seconds after map has loaded and spawning for first time.

Upvote 0
This is the worst performing game on my system.

I have an i7 2600 at 4.8gHz, 8gb ram, 3way SLI of GTX580 3gb cards.

I get between 39-70 FPS normally, with the dips to the 30's quite frequent, as well as stutters in the sound that cause it to stutter to 0 FPS.

I've had this piece of garbage since release and have only got 2 hours in game time, and all of those 2 hours were spent testing video settings and config file tweaks in efforts to get playable settings.

THanks for the fun Tripwire, time for BF3 tonight and I can hopefully put this RO2 mess behind me and forget about your broken game. (enjoy my non-refundable $50 though)
I have a lower end system (mid-range to high end) than yours (which is very high end) with AMD hardware (6 core with 6770), but it doesnt run well on certain maps on medium/high. Poor TWI slaving on fixing this game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Im new on this game, and i dont have a very good computer. Im at work and dont remember exactly what computer i have. But its a amd quadcore(something something), with nvidia geforce 8800GTS 512 (i think its 512mb). And 2 gig ram ddr3 i think. And i have win xp pro sp3.

I bought the game through steam and when i first tried it it worked ok, but with a little lag, not much but the mouse felt slow and it lagged a little at medium settings.

So i thought, maybe if i get the latest drivers it will run smooth as mamas milk, but it went from "ok" to barely playable with the new drivers and on lowest graphics...

So i went back to old drivers and it got better again.

Im gonna try more stuff and get fraps running but i thought i should share this theory that new drivers can cause trouble.

I have had this problem before with other games that my old drivers works better than the latest.

Upvote 0
What I'm not understanding is why TWI has failed to release an update since September regarding performance, all I'm seeing is gameplay changes. Honestly, I'd rather get good performance before any gameplay bugs are fixed. Yes, I have a med-low end PC (Phenom X4 1.8 GHz quad, 9800 GT, 5 GB RAM, Vista 64 bit) but I should be able to play the game on at least medium with a good fps, instead I'm getting anywhere from 20-60 (mainly in the 30's though). Spartanovka runs the best, but it still has plenty of fps drops. I'd really love to see this game optimized better.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
F.W.T.W. - i5 2500k @ 4.0, 8gb, asus 8p67p & gtx550ti

vanilla install of the game, no tweaks etc.

All settings on ultra
shadows on high
no bloom or motion blur
1280 x 960

only other software running is gamebooster

Never seems to dip under 60fps on fraps, very occasional tiny stutter, never enough to be game breaking or cause death.

edited to say: usually playing on PARA/Brothers servers so fairly high player counts & a range of maps

Last edited:
Upvote 0

All settings on ultra
shadows on high
no bloom or motion blur
1280 x 960

Never seems to dip under 60fps on fraps, very occasional tiny stutter, never enough to be game breaking or cause death.

edited to say: usually playing on PARA/Brothers servers so fairly high player counts & a range of maps

your new rig doing well fruity :D

Upvote 0

All settings on ultra
shadows on high
no bloom or motion blur
1280 x 960

That is a VERY low resolution.

Upvote 0
I got a MINIMUM of 36 FPS, a maximum of 90, and 61.06 was the average (even this is skewed because of a rouge 102 framerate at the beginning). That is just pathetic. There has to be a major issue with CPU / GPU utilisation.

Spoiler!
Did you try the smoothing?
So you cap at 62 fps and for min smoothed fps you try 40 fps instead of 22.

Upvote 0