• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Homefront

DraKon2k

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Vienna, Austria
I thought I remembered that someone had already created a thread about this, but seems I was wrong. Anyways, this is the new game by KAOS Studios, the guys who made Desert Combat mod for BF1942, helped out on BF2 and made the average Frontlines: Fuel of War.

Here is a new MP "Gameplay"-trailer. Well hello there, generic modern warfare fps #9545!

It looks pretty average. Instead of the some other generic Asian communists as the enemy, it would be interesting if the story was set in the immediate aftermath of the disintegration of the United States with warring states and factions fighting for their individual causes. Similar to the story of the strategy game, "Shattered Union". At the beginning of the trailer, I thought it was going to be something like that.

Upvote 0
It looks pretty average. Instead of the some other generic Asian communists as the enemy, it would be interesting if the story was set in the immediate aftermath of the disintegration of the United States with warring states and factions fighting for their individual causes. Similar to the story of the strategy game, "Shattered Union". At the beginning of the trailer, I thought it was going to be something like that.

I still crack up thinking of the "Big bad North Koreans" invading the "little old USA". I mean China makes way more sense....I mean, a United Korea couldnt pull of random instant global domination, even if they had Japan randomly collapse. Not even China can just go "Hey, I feel like taking over the world today. *Poof* Yay, I did it!"

Upvote 0
Yeah it's kinda sad really, I mean they already have this rather unique setting and want to orientate on HL2 in terms of ingame storytelling, then why have gameplay that is probably average according to this preview instead of being innovative in gameplay terms as well? Nowadays with so many more or less similar FPSs they need to stand out more, not only for the players sake(having new innovative features etc) but also to seriously compete against the big players(BF&COD)

Upvote 0
I agree with you Timur, so here's my rant from someone who typically loves this kind of stuff. I just watched the trailer that gives a more detailed background and the story is way too far-fetched to even be considered "speculative fiction." A successful invasion of the South by North Korea is barely plausible without Chinese intervention, but the Chinese would likely avoid direct involvement in an effort to avoid World War III. A second Korean War would be costly, but NATO would probably have the upper edge, even with American economic trouble.

But since North Korea wins in 2015 (perhaps the EU and NATO suddenly disappeared), we are to assume that they are able re-strengthen the military, repair the economy, and take advantage of South Korean technology and industrial capacity to successfully annex Japan by 2018. That's impossible, I'm sorry. They must have some kind of alien technology (oh, that must be the twist) to be able to produce the fleet and air force necessary to carry out an invasion of the United States. The United States Navy's newest aircraft carrier and the first of its class, CVN-78, had her keel laid in 2009 and should be available by 2015. She's being built with the best production technology the U.S. have to offer. If the North Koreans, and even Chinese, can pump out a whole fleet out in a decade, then I don't know what to say.

Upvote 0
[url]http://www.gametrailers.com/video/developer-diary-homefront/708094[/URL]

"We want to offer a completely different FPS experience" Yeah too bad it looks as generic as it gets. And what's with this retarded interview design? Who do they think they are? The only thing they accomplished after betraying their own routes was produce the crappy Frontlines which nobody cared about and died after 2 weeks.

Upvote 0