• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hey Ramm-Jaeger what happened to hero status & MkB42H/AVT40 being rare weapons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the fact that twi hasn't said anynthing about this worries me. however they could just be pissed off at all the whining and figure it best not to say anything. while they work on fixing there game. so it is how its suppose to be, however that is. :D

Probably this, since the weapons can be classified more as a balance and realism issue as oppossed to bug and performance fixes. As much as I would like to see these weapons minimized, I have to say they should worry about the other things first.

Upvote 0
Probably this, since the weapons can be classified more as a balance and realism issue as oppossed to bug and performance fixes. As much as I would like to see these weapons minimized, I have to say they should worry about the other things first.

The Mkb.42 isn't realistic at all. We have asked several highly published authors and historians who specialize in Stalingrad (and were kind enough to visit our TS ^^) about the presence of the Mkb.42 and they seemed surprised that we even had to ask.

Ironic that it's in and the MG 42 (which they confirmed as being at Stalingrad) is not.

Giant derp.

Edit: I think they should rename it the StG.44, add the other weapons (see: MG 42) and then just limit which weapons are allowed on which maps LIKE OLD RO. Those weapons were in the game but I don't remember seeing any on Berezina.

It's not like non-Stalingrad maps won't be released and since we don't have the online campaign feature anyway... who cares?

Edit2: Also giant "lol" at the post-war markings on the SVT-40 ^^

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Personally for me guys it's fast approaching the point of no return with RO2, it's not any one individual thing, it's the cumulation of several small things. Like a snow ball rolling down hill gathering more snow as it goes and turning into an avalanche.

Everytime I experience these things I think '**** this goddamn game';
- I load a server and find the latency attrocious.
- The games horrible performance (on a computer greater than recommended spec) impedes my ability to shoot and gets me killed.
- I aim down my sights and get the 'cannot fire' bug and it gets me killed.
- The culling mechanism results in enemies materialising out of thin air half way across a gap they are running past, or doesn't draw something that it should (like invisible tanks shooting at me on Fallen Fighters).
- I nail someone centre chest with my bolt action only to have them spray back and kill me, then stop to bandage for 2 seconds and run off 100% ok.
- I see the German side stacked, because most of the maps obviously favour them.
- Most of the German team has MKb42(H)'s due to players picking them up.

Imagine a spectrum with frustration at one end and fun at the other, for me right now this game falls steadfastly on the side of frustration. Occasionally dipping into fun when the stars align and I get a game on a server that isn't lagging horriby, running one of the two maps which doesn't run like a turd and with players that have a clue.

It's just a littany of bugs and poor design choices.

Honestly I am suprised to find myself saying this but when BF3 hits and inveitably runs and looks much better than RO2 I can't see myself playing this game anymore. That's coming from a diehard RO fan who has been around since the mod.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Personally for me guys it's fast approaching the point of no return with RO2, it's not any one individual thing, it's the cumulation of several small things. Like a snow ball rolling down hill gathering more snow as it goes and turning into an avalanche.

- The games horrible performance (on a computer greater than recommended spec) impedes my ability to shoot and gets me killed.
- The culling mechanism results in enemies materialising out of thin air half way across a gap they are running past, or doesn't draw something that it should (like invisible tanks shooting at me on Fallen Fighters).
- I nail someone centre chest with my bolt action only to have them spray back and kill me, then stop to bandage for 2 seconds and run off 100% ok.
- I see the German side stacked, because most of the maps obviously favour them.

Imagine a spectrum with frustration at one end and fun at the other, for me right now this game falls steadfastly on the side of frustration. Occasionally dipping into fun when the stars align and I get a game on a server that isn't lagging horriby, running one of the two maps which doesn't run like a turd and with players that have a clue.

Honestly I am suprised to find myself saying this but when BF3 hits and inveitably runs and looks much better than RO2 I can't see myself playing this game anymore. That's coming from a diehard RO fan who has been around since the mod.

This.

Upvote 0

(cut the rest of the post to save space)
I gotta ask, did you write this right after coming out of a game that frustrated you for one reason or the other?

Most of the things you listed are indeed problematic, but nothing that can't be fixed. A lot of the problems come down to poor performance (both player PC's and servers) and high pings.

Then there's the issue of an excessive amount of automatic weapons, but that too can be remedied by mods or even simple server restrictions. Tho it would indeed be nice if TWI limited them on the "standard" servers as well.

Gonna make one more little assumption here. I presume that since you're a RO1 veteran and probably rather good at the game, you expected that experience and skill to set you well above all the new players who've just started out with the RO series. What has happened tho is that, since the games are different in quite a few ways, people from various different FPS gaming backgrounds, who don't play the way RO1 vets play, are still doing rather well. Add to that the performance issues and a few questionable game design decisions and you simply get frustrated since things aren't going your way.

I may be way off here, but that's just the feeling I get when reading your posts. I've seen similar posts made by people in other FPS gaming forums whenever a sequel comes out. Every slight difference to the prior version of the game gets criticized to hell, simply because for the player the game just doesn't feel right and they feel the need to justify to themselves why they are not playing as well as they did in the previous game.

Yes, plenty of flaws in RO2, no argument there. It's just kind of disturbing to see people so quickly give up and act as if there's no hope for fixing any of the issues.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I gotta ask, did you write this right after coming out of a game that frustrated you for one reason or the other?

Most of the things you listed are indeed problematic, but nothing that can't be fixed. A lot of the problems come down to poor performance (both player PC's and servers) and high pings.

Then there's the issue of an excessive amount of automatic weapons, but that too can be remedied by mods or even simple server restrictions. Tho it would indeed be nice if TWI limited them on the "standard" servers as well.

Gonna make one more little assumption here. I presume that since you're a RO1 veteran and probably rather good at the game, you expected that experience and skill to set you well above all the new players who've just started out with the RO series. What has happened tho is that, since the games are different in quite a few ways, people from various different FPS gaming backgrounds, who don't play the way RO1 vets play, are still doing rather well. Add to that the performance issues and a few questionable game design decisions and you simply get frustrated since things aren't going your way.

I may be way off here, but that's just the feeling I get when reading your posts. I've seen similar posts made by people in other FPS gaming forums whenever a sequel comes out. Every slight difference to the prior version of the game gets criticized to hell, simply because for the player the game just doesn't feel right and they feel the need to justify to themselves why they are not playing as well as they did in the previous game.

Yes, plenty of flaws in RO2, no argument there. It's just kind of disturbing to see people so quickly give up and act as if there's no hope for fixing any of the issues.
I can understand how my posts might come across this way, but please believe me when I say this way off. The funny thing is despite the bugs, performance issues and different mechanics I still do really well at this game, most of the time in the top 5 in any given match (not trying to epeen wave here).

It's just like I said, all the little issues add up to frustrate me and stop me playing. I guess the biggest offender has to be performance though, second to that I'd say the 'you aim and cant fire' bug, that one makes me want to throw my monitor out the window everytime it happens.

Last night is a good example because it started as one of those 'stars aligning' games I mentioned in my previous post. I was playing barracks in the AUS/NZ server as a Russian assault on a team of players who knew what they were doing (eg. not camping, using smoke properly etc). I was leading my side in kills and team points, we had steam rolled the Germans on the first round and just lost to them in the second. In the third round we were winning and were up to the point of attacking the political office. At this point both sides started dropping artillery at the same time and the stuttering got so bad and my fps so dreadful that I just left the game in frustration because it was unplayable.

So the performance issues drive me ape**** more than anything else, I've got a PC that's quite comfortably above all the recommended specs but even if I set the game to lowest it still drops to the low 20's in fps when artillery is falling and the action is heavy. When you add all the other little bugs and balance issues on top I end up with a '**** this' outlook.

Last edited:
Reactions: hockeywarrior
Upvote 0

I really have to agree with you. Obviously the devs probably won't read anything I have to say with merit since I'm a long time fan and complainer of issues in RO2, but it has to be said. I have noticed a massive drop off in interest for RO2 with TWI's most loyal fans beginning since July (in my observation) because of all of these issues. Heck, most of the most loyal players I haven't seen post on these forums since before a 6 months ago.

More to the point, my own interest in this game is slowly waning. I'm tired of stuff being debated on this forum with hardly any impact on the final game, and moreover, I'm tired of playing RO2 in its current state -- not just because of the bugs, which I know will be fixed with time, but because of some of the baffling design choices which either go against the RO style of play set up with the mod and first game, or that simply make the game not fun to play. This applies to both game mechanics and weapon variety.

I know I sound like an RO1 fanboy, but honestly I'm not someone that wants RO2 to be just like RO1. I was looking forward to the ways in which the game would improve on the original but keep the core experience there. Instead, what I'm playing is a weird mish-mash of a few good features heavily dampened by design choices that severely reduce my ability to actually have fun while playing. If you want to know specifics, just search for posts by me on these forums going back two years (or longer) and you'll start to get the picture. I'm tired of beating a dead horse.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I really have to agree with you. Obviously the devs probably won't read anything I have to say with merit since I'm a long time fan and complainer of issues in RO2, but it has to be said. I have noticed a massive drop off in interest for RO2 with TWI's most loyal fans beginning since July (in my observation) because of all of these issues. Heck, most of the most loyal players I haven't seen post on these forums since before a 6 months ago.

More to the point, my own interest in this game is slowly waning. I'm tired of stuff being debated on this forum with hardly any impact on the final game, and moreover, I'm tired of playing RO2 in its current state -- not just because of the bugs, which I know will be fixed with time, but because of some of the baffling design choices which either go against the RO style of play set up with the mod and first game, or that simply make the game not fun to play. This applies to both game mechanics and weapon variety.

I know I sound like an RO1 fanboy, but honestly I'm not someone that wants RO2 to be just like RO1. I was looking forward to the ways in which the game would improve on the original but keep the core experience there. Instead, what I'm playing is a weird mish-mash of a few good features heavily dampened by design choices that severely reduce my ability to actually have fun while playing.

I agree...said eloquently too...if Tripwire doesn't listen to people like you then they are a suicidal company...PERIOD

Reactions: hockeywarrior
Upvote 0

I know I sound like an RO1 fanboy, but honestly I'm not someone that wants RO2 to be just like RO1. I was looking forward to the ways in which the game would improve on the original but keep the core experience there. Instead, what I'm playing is a weird mish-mash of a few good features heavily dampened by design choices that severely reduce my ability to actually have fun while playing. If you want to know specifics, just search for posts by me on these forums going back two years (or longer) and you'll start to get the picture. I'm tired of beating a dead horse.

Agreed.

I cant seem to play more than a 15min before i have to take a break, i cant see myself playing this past a month or two in its current condition

worst part is, that i brought 3 of my friends over to RO2 by promising it was an authentic WW2 shooter. I look like such a moron now...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

This is unfortunately the truth, I have friends who, like me, played RO1 a lot but are quickly losing patience for the multitude of issues + poor design decisions that this game has. The issue is that the people who bought this without any questions asked are the long time fans, if the long time fans can't recommend this game to people who aren't familiar with it then the game will inevitably stagnate. I think that's okay though, devs need to understand that consumer loyalty is essential - if you disappoint your base then you will not be successful.

Upvote 0

Well said. I'm more or less sticking around only for the mods that are sure to come eventually. Because it seems like this is the game that TWI wanted to make, which is fine I guess. What's not fine however is marketing it as something else entirely, and the worst part is that there is unlimited potential underneath the layer of bugs and poor design choices. It's an awesome game at its core really, but in its current state it's just not enjoyable for me.

Maybe TWI will come to their senses eventually, or some modders will pick up the ball and give us the experience we want. Either way I'm confident I'll get my moneys worth out of the game sooner or later.

Upvote 0
I was all hyped up to play RO2 and in the first weeks of playing the beta i had fun, it was something new with still some RO feeling to it. I was able to see past all the bugs and other issues. But after a while when all the hype was gone for me the game started to irritate me due to questionable design changes (like lockdown), unbalanced gameplay(railgun), making the game more mainstream(mkb for assault), etc. I don't know if there is still the hero feature in the game. I'm taking a break from RO2, I will probably try it sometimes, hopefully when the community made content is released we can have the full potential of the game. I don't really mind the bugs and performance issues, it plays allright for me and the bugs will be fixed over time, but the gameplay is another story. The game has alot of potential, alot of parts of the game are unique and an improvement of RO1, but for every unique feature or improvement there is something else ruining the fun.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.