• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hey Ramm-Jaeger what happened to hero status & MkB42H/AVT40 being rare weapons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which also makes it boring. I never feel like I can master ROOST, which keeps me coming back trying to improve. I don't get that feeling in HOS, it's more of a "meh, I'll relax and game a little" feeling, much more casual and less engrossing. I don't think such a mentality is good for market longevity.

Yep, I went back to play some Ost, it was fun but it's a constant challenge. Even for people playing in the server who hadnt put down Ost to play Hos. I also like that I can advance and I dont actually get insta sniped by riflemen, but if you play stupid you will get picked off.

I also liked my rifle bullets actually dropping people on the first hit, no questions asked and no quarter given! :p

Upvote 0
I'm sure there are bugs in the wounding system that mean torso hits are not as damaging as they should be. I've had enough cases where I'm certain I've been shot in the chest and it seems like the bleed-out animation is about to play, and then I just... get better. Likewise I've seem enemies shrug off 3 or 4 hits from my LMG and apparently be fine.

If this was fixed I'm sure we'd all be both killing and dying a lot more often :)

Upvote 0
Just finished a game of apartments on the 9.SS server. Was trying to capture Propaganda House with my trusty PPSh, ran into 4 germans, all MkB, on a realism server.

Fifth MkB shot me in the back when I stopped to reload. You know what, that blue streak to the moon sounds mighty appealing right now.

Lol ya for me if this game was in 1944 I wouldn't have a problem with the mkb-42/stg44.Seeing it in the hands of every single assault class in 42 at Stalingrad really ruins the realism(for me).

The mkb-42 is so common and the MP-40 so rare I saw Bigfoot taking a picture of a MP-40 the other night :p

2011091400008.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Dumba [cro]
Upvote 0
I also like that I can advance and I dont actually get insta sniped by riflemen, but if you play stupid you will get picked off.

You can play stupid and get picked off by people in RO2. Not to mention the fact that people did complain about rifleman back in OST quite often for more reasons than they do now in RO2. Another rose-tint post.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yep, I went back to play some Ost, it was fun but it's a constant challenge. Even for people playing in the server who hadnt put down Ost to play Hos. I also like that I can advance and I dont actually get insta sniped by riflemen, but if you play stupid you will get picked off.

I also liked my rifle bullets actually dropping people on the first hit, no questions asked and no quarter given! :p

If you are in open, you deserve to get sniped or at least be at risk to it.

Upvote 0
You can play stupid and get picked off by people in RO2. Not to mention the fact that people did complain about rifleman back in OST quite often for more reasons than they do now in RO2. Another rose-tint post.

Rose tint my arse sir, atleast in Ost its possible to take a quick peak. Although that did lead to pop up riflemen. Yes thats right I havent forgotten those, and I did not consider it necessary to fill my post with every problem that ever existed in Ost to do with riflemen.
( or shooting from the top of helmets !)

What I was elaborating at was that it feels like more bullets are fired close to the target or to surpress the target, while in HOS why bother firing close when you can smack em every time?

Also, when was the last time you played danzig in Ost, sitting on one bridge side its hard to shoot to the far side, I cant believe now how I ever made some of the long shots I did make in Ost.

All of that aside, an interesting development has come up.

As noticed by a friend of mine.
The latest weapon code file was added in 2008, with one 2010 exception. The Mkb.
The on paper german anti tank rifle (mpzb41) also exists in a few places in code, so it was more then a "haha we added that there to trick you, we would never add a weapon that was just an on paper design111!"

Also around the same time, the Recon plane was introduced.

Also, the damage models of the two very different grenades are apparently exactly the same ( F1 & Tater masher )

So, two questions.

Why the claims to historical accuracy when different weapons are not modeled to be different ( the nades ), and when you start work including a design that never met production?

Also why the change of heart between the original idea and the Mkb/recon plane introduction in 2010?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As noticed by a friend of mine.
The latest weapon code file was added in 2008, with one 2010 exception. The Mkb.
Spot on Watson!

And here we have it! First RO2 conspiracy theory with "evidence" to back it up.

Sometimes I think that people in here would grief less if they lost their 40$ to a mugger in the streets.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Do you know why people are so upset with RO2? Why people are so angry with the lack of authenticity? We, the historical authenticity community, get very few games made for us--and even less AAA titles. With RO, something unique came along. No one is going to let that go easily and there's going to be a lot of push against any changes for a perceived more mainstream audience. It's not hard to imagine.

Upvote 0
As a RO / DH Veteran i fully agree to all the disappointment in this thread.

Just have a view on what happened to tanking.
In the past i could get in and out of my tank , so as a Tank Commander i was still able to do a lot on the Battlefield like calling ari , using my mp40 for just on foot and throwing smoke , even when my was Tank lit up.

I thought in a new RO there would be nice new feature added to that like just mounting a tank to have a litl ride on it.Or maybe throwing smoke charges out the top spot to get some cover or something.

Instead i am not able anymore to get in or out of it.
Why not ? There is no viable explanation :confused:. Are those crews put in and sealed by welding it ?

Even bots were regularly added which really suck a lot and can shoot anybody with their mg in an instant from any range.
The damage system also kind of frightens me since it seems not point related but much more like draining the enemys tanks lifepoints out , not depending on where you actually hit it.

Oh yes and the incredible amount of tanks ( 1 for each side ! ) , not even having halftracks.
In addition to this , why not make some Paks mountable ?
Why not make different kinds of Paks ?
That would have been pretty nice.

The way tanks explode also seems like always the same animation over and over again.

In RO at least there were a litl different ones including nice scary screaming form the crew inside when they were killed.

Just look at the Servers , most have turned tanking just off..

Oh and i see ive already been downvoted and im very sorry to have that small amount of post but in the past i wasnt on here , i was playing and enjoying it. :(

Even last Year when i was playing BFBC2 a while i always mentioned to my friends how much nicer RO was and that id more like to play that than BF and stuff.
I made friends buy this game and now im the ****ed one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What I was elaborating at was that it feels like more bullets are fired close to the target or to surpress the target, while in HOS why bother firing close when you can smack em every time?

If someone is visible it would make no sense to shoot near them instead of at them. What are you trying to say here?

Also, when was the last time you played danzig in Ost, sitting on one bridge side its hard to shoot to the far side, I cant believe now how I ever made some of the long shots I did make in Ost.
You mean the map that ruined pub play? It has been awhile and for good reason. Those shots across the bridge were never difficult and they were not long. They might have seemed long due to the unrealistic FOV and bullet drop (gee, what fun covering up an enemy with your front sight to compensate for drop that shouldn't be occuring). You are really off-base here. Slam RO2 all you want, but you bring up Danzig, of ALL things, to bring in a point about hitting enemies being more difficult? Maybe it had something to do with all of the nadespam, being shot by the tips of helmets, or pop-up riflemen. Maybe it has something to do with the inability to cancel reloading. Or SMG recoil comparable to RO2's AVT. Nah, that couldn't be why OST is better than RO2 and it's definitely not a rosey picture.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh yes and the incredible amount of tanks ( 1 for each side ! ) , not even having halftracks.
In addition to this , why not make some Paks mountable ?
Why not make different kinds of Paks ?
That would have been pretty nice.

Tanks and halftracks are comming in the near future as free DLC. Using packs to knock out tanks would be nice. :)

Upvote 0
As a RO / DH Veteran i fully agree to all the disappointment in this thread.

Just have a view on what happened to tanking.
In the past i could get in and out of my tank , so as a Tank Commander i was still able to do a lot on the Battlefield like calling ari , using my mp40 for just on foot and throwing smoke , even when my was Tank lit up.

I thought in a new RO there would be nice new feature added to that like just mounting a tank to have a litl ride on it.Or maybe throwing smoke charges out the top spot to get some cover or something.

Instead i am not able anymore to get in or out of it.
Why not ? There is no viable explanation :confused:. Are those crews put in and sealed by welding it ?
i just up voted you to ease your disappointment but i have to say of all the changes for RO2 spawning inside a tank and being unable to exit is actually one of the things that made some sense.
It's not the subject of this thread so i wont elaborate but here's a thread where you can discuss it further if you like.

Upvote 0
Tank stuff
I was suprised when I realised you couldn't dismount the tank. I've never been a tanker but I did enjoy sniping the crew when they were lollydaddling around it.
I hope and suppose twi have a long list of features they haven't been able to get in yet but are anxious to start rolling in along the way.
Because I believe they also want this to be the ultimate ww2 game.

I want to catch rides atop of the tanks with my squad and jump off in panic when shells start flying :)

Upvote 0
I was suprised when I realised you couldn't dismount the tank. I've never been a tanker but I did enjoy sniping the crew when they were lollydaddling around it.
I hope and suppose twi have a long list of features they haven't been able to get in yet but are anxious to start rolling in along the way.
Because I believe they also want this to be the ultimate ww2 game.

I want to catch rides atop of the tanks with my squad and jump off in panic when shells start flying :)
no, unless they have changed their minds they definitely don't want ppl exiting tanks.
they might want to add mounting tanks thou, i dunno

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.