• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Heavy tanks in RO2:HOS

Leopardi

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 6, 2010
After the 4 tanks have been finished, will we see
:IS2:
and
tigertank.jpg

in a future update?

to be honest, i also think that refining the tank gameplay mechanics to that extense would be just a waste if they later didn't add a campaign that focuses more on tank battle and thus, more tanks.
we all know they said it took them longer to get the 2 announced tanks done than it took them to do 10 tanks in RO1, but wouldnt it be more of a waste then, to leave it at that?

Reactions: MEGADETHTHRETH
Upvote 0
Why is such a crude tank as is-2 so popular on this forum? It had poor optics, a 24 or 28 shell capacity and was generally a lot less reliable and maneuverable than the t-34/85. Even when the americans tried to copy the German tiger which was a successful design they came up with a very poor and embarrassingly inferior prototype that was eventually to become their pershing. This pershing had similar armor quality but inferior gun to the tiger and it was produced so late into the war, that it did not see any significant action.

Upvote 0
Why is such a crude tank as is-2 so popular on this forum? It had poor optics, a 24 or 28 shell capacity and was generally a lot less reliable and maneuverable than the t-34/85. Even when the americans tried to copy the German tiger which was a successful design they came up with a very poor and embarrassingly inferior prototype that was eventually to become their pershing. This pershing had similar armor quality but inferior gun to the tiger and it was produced so late into the war, that it did not see any significant action.

It's based on a discussion thread that got carried away and turned into a running joke. It's as simple as that. I highly doubt many people really believe it, but they are committed to the joke anyway so arguing or discussing it is pointless.

Back on topic. Any tanks added after those already announced should be based within the time period. Also I personally believe that assault guns should be next if TWI decides to add more.

Upvote 0
Bren Gun Carriers (Universal Carriers, officially known) for all! Er... DP Carriers and MG Carriers! The Universal Carriers were on both sides fo the war, Axis and Allies.
I hate "Tommie cans", they are slow, low armored and overall ****ty. Pure British design. They shouldn't put them in the game. sadface

It had poor optics, a 24 or 28 shell capacity and was generally a lot less reliable and maneuverable than the t-34/85.
Maybe because IS2's job wasn't killing other tanks, but helping infantry with bunkers? And btw it was pretty reliable, but of course not best.
Even when the americans tried to copy the German tiger which was a successful design
The only thing why Tiger could be successful is the 88 and thick armor, nothing else.

/weaponnerdmode

@topic
133143d1252671957-evora-racecar-house-do-want_thumbnail.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Tank!
Upvote 0

Its a running joke, in real life it was a really good tank, it was more like a support tank though, the best tanks were probably the T34/85 and the Panther.

Upvote 0
"The only thing why Tiger could be successful is the 88 and thick armor" Some statement! By the end of 1942 Germans had an advanced heavy tank that their enemies could only dream about. If you look at all other comparable machines, they either came too late or were the likes of is-2. The t-34 was a a solid tank but as a medium tank. For each German tank the soviets produced 6 of inferior quality, but that was enough to stretch the Germans thin especially as they were fighting on multiple fronts with three superpowers simultaneously.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
While I'm not an end all expert on WW2 tanks, in my opinion the German Panzer 3's and 4's were inferior in terms of armor to the Russian tanks, while having a separate commander/gunner, better optics and ergonomics, and best of all, radios, radios were what made the German tanks so effective, up until they ran out of fuel and ammo of course and had to take on 500 bagillion Russian tanks.

The Panther and Tiger were amazing tanks, but came too late, and then the T34/85 fixed most of the 76's problems, and then came the IS2 heavy tank.

In my opinion though the Panther was better because it was only a little bit more expensive than the P4, had sloped armor, and actually a more effective gun than the Tiger, the Tiger was good but it was like Hitler was compensating for something, they took up way too much logistics.

Reactions: Unterscharfuhrer
Upvote 0