• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Having access to the opposite team's weapons - Bad thing?

Having access to the opposite team's weapons - Bad thing?

• Yes. You should only be able to acquire enemy weapons by picking them up.

Votes: 206 71.8%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 38 13.2%
  • No. You should be able to spawn with weapons from the enemy team

Votes: 43 15.0%

• Total voters
Whoa. I find this to be one of the more breathtakingly ignorant arguments presented.
Particularly during the later stages of the battle, Germans were using Russian weapons and ammo in quantity. The Russians used whatever they could get their hands on, particularly when isolated. As the war progressed, many Russian small arms were preferred by the Germans, particularly the PPsh. ....AND they were carried and used for prolonged periods. The fact that a weapon sound might be mistaken for friendly or enemy was a blessing or curse as defined by the situation. The fact that either side might be carrying these weapons from the onset is hardly atypical or inaccurate.

Reactions: greenlemonade
Upvote 0
Whoa. I find this to be one of the more breathtakingly ignorant arguments presented.
Particularly during the later stages of the battle, Germans were using Russian weapons and ammo in quantity. The Russians used whatever they could get their hands on, particularly when isolated. As the war progressed, many Russian small arms were preferred by the Germans, particularly the PPsh. ....AND they were carried and used for prolonged periods. The fact that a weapon sound might be mistaken for friendly or enemy was a blessing or curse as defined by the situation. The fact that either side might be carrying these weapons from the onset is hardly atypical or inaccurate.

Im just shocked by the poll numbers.

After the stats are fixed and reset I'm sure the results would be very different. People right now are fed up with everyone being max level and enemy loadout being the default is just strange.

I'm hoping tripwire changes default weapon selection to the most common weapons historically. This would increase realism without removing any features or hurting player choice.

Upvote 0

But their squads knew which commandeered weapons they had, and where their squad members were.

It wasn't a guessing game like it is in RO2, where random people pick random weapons, then go hide, and shoot in your direction.

Upvote 0
Once stats are fixed, I don't think this will be anywhere as much of an issue. Enemy weapon unlocks are the last gain from the class progress system. It's the bugged unlocks that are causing the enemy weapons to be so common.

I have no problem with spawning with enemy weapons. So you fought in a skirmish the day before the assault on the Grain Elevator and picked up a PPSh. That's more than believable. I'll pick what I want up from the ground too, but I don't think the game will devolve into everyone picking the "best" weapons from every side.

For instance, the DP-28 has a smaller magazine, lower rate of fire, and no single-shot capability, but I go out of my way to select it over the MG34 because the lower ROF means more time behind the trigger and I don't have to worry as much about ammunition. Plus, I have the little handle on the magazine itself which rotates telling me how much ammunition I have left. And it looks cool.:D

I also opt for the Mosin-Nagant over the k98--simply a personal sight picture preference there.

And even though the G41 is less convenient than the SVT40, I pick it when I'm Axis because I'm less tempted to spam at medium range with it. I know I'll be reloading for a long time, so I spend my shots more wisely. It's sound effects are also spine-chillingly epic.

I do agree though that enemy weapons shouldn't be the default selection, simply because it means I sometimes spawn with that MG34 and have to go get myself killed before I can get my hands on my beloved DP. :)

Upvote 0
But their squads knew which commandeered weapons they had, and where their squad members were.

It wasn't a guessing game like it is in RO2, where random people pick random weapons, then go hide, and shoot in your direction.

There is an element of truth to what you say, but it is not significant enough to throw this baby out with the bath-water. You can make a far better argument that the MKB should be thrown out.

Upvote 0