• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Have you ever seen a buggier release?

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=58725

There is a place to report issues, you would be surprised that posting this issues General Discussion, gets very little response (except for the trolls).

I have come to the conclusion that everyone that creates one of these threads is an idiot that really does not care if the issues are resolved, they would find something to ***** about if they lived in paradise.

Reactions: Banquo and vbloke
Upvote 0
I see people mentioning World Of Warcraft, STALKER and ARMA.

The sh1t we would be in right now if RO2 had AI of similar complexity as the above titles...............................:eek:

ARMA AI.

:D

I still remember all the crying on the forums because AI would either aimbot players through grass that blocked proned players' vision, or AI wouldn't even detect a hostile 50m ahead of them in clear street.

Upvote 0
yes ive seen lots and lots follow this formula.

Ambitious idea + under funded and or short on time + fixed release date.

Funny thing is many of them turn out to be the games we remember and enjoy more. Stalker, ARMA Series, etc.

TWI is a company I trust to fix the game for people who cant play it, ( it worked pretty flawlessly for me during dde, havent played it after release yet due to being busy.)

I also find it somewhat amusing that many things are dismissed as being 'simple' and thats the reason they should work "right meow!". Makes about as much sense as " Yes mr mechanic I know the car doesnt work, but fixing it sounds simple so have it ready in 5 minutes..." coming from someone in Arts.

Or people who do not possess any idea of this fiscal penalties that can occur from delaying releases of products, say for example when publisher agreements have already been signed and the product is being printed or already on its way to stores.... ( keeping in mind they did delay it two weeks, which was probably as far as they could push it )

Upvote 0
ARMA AI.

:D

I still remember all the crying on the forums because AI would either aimbot players through grass that blocked proned players' vision, or AI wouldn't even detect a hostile 50m ahead of them in clear street.

or the AI is chasing somebody literally a mile away. second mission i had to wait 20 minutes for my team to get back with me because they were after somebody in the trees.

Upvote 0
Age of Conan was an unfortunate release. All of the bugs were heartbreaking when they happened. It seemed only the things you had to put work into broke.

If Funcom can get it's *** off the ground, Tripwire can without a doubt. :IS2:

Victory isn't about doing it all right the first time around, it's about bouncing back and reacting swiftly to what comes up to challenge you.

Upvote 0
I actually have to rephrase the toppic question.

Can you name a "big" multiplayer fps in the last years that was running perfect or good at the release day and the short time after it? I have to think pretty hard and the only game where I think im right might be Team Fortress 2.

Nope. TF2 was broken as hell for a lot of people on launch. Valve managed to fix the issues within the first 72 hours for most people, but I remember having to make the same arguments I'm making now about the DDE (you got plenty of other stuff, play with that for a bit and let them fix it) about the Orange Box.

Reactions: Verluste
Upvote 0
I have not, but I'm genuinely curious as to whether you have. We all know of the optimization issues still plaguing many users (though I myself have been lucky enough to have it run fairly well) that seems to be the major source anger on the boards.

But it's amazing to me that the simple things are so buggy. Server browser going offline, achievements not registering correctly, stat progression not being tracked, and weapon unlocks not unlocking for the people that paid for them. There isn't even a manual included with the game!

I have to say that I respect TWI for working so hard to fix these issues, but I do not believe they should have put themselves into this position. I would frankly be embarrassed to have released a game in this state.

Perhaps they will get these things sorted out; for the sake of the community, I certainly hope they do.

The only major flaw you stated was the server browser. My server browser does not always refresh or it goes dead after the first few attempts. But, the server browser always works if you give it a few minutes.

The stats are a minor option at this point in a game. My stats are working just not all of the items are updating. Many games did not have stats before and there were 3rd party stats involved just to see them at all. I don't understand why this would be a deal killer.

Upvote 0