• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hardware Requirements (A rough estimate)

swenor27

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 1, 2011
Poznań, Poland
I read the Steam FAQ and PC Gamer reveal, and since KF2 is going to run on UE3 (as you emphasized you were afraid of 4cores cpu being a basic requirement for UE4) I'm hoping it's not going to be a total system hog.
I know it will have considerably higher hw requirements than the first game, but since you worked on RO2 (and gained experience) I'm wondering what does that mean for KF2?

• Will KF2 run better than RO2? (benefits of experience)
  • Will KF2 run worse than RO2? (new/more features/effects = more power needed)
  • Will KF2 run more or less the same as RO2?
I know it's really early, but could you possible give us some info about that?
How does it perform on e.g. i3 + GTX660/R9 270? (and what were the setting during the gameplay).

I know you are probably working on some crazy i7 CPUs and high end GPUs, but not every (even dedicated) gamer is going to buy a high end PC.

Personally I'm about to buy a new PC late Q3 or early Q4 and I'm aming at something like i5-4460 + GTX 760 + 8GB RAM + SSD (Crucial M500/M550 FTW).
How does SSD affect gameplay? Possible to compare performance (loading/stuttering) with HDD?

So spill the beans, pretty please? :p (I know you are really busy now, but I am asking just in case it was possible to get some answers).

Last edited:
SSD's will not improve a game's performance, only the load times on your local hard drive. I have a Samsung Evo SSD and a 1TB Western Digital Black, and there is no discernible difference at all with games between the two drives.

I'm willing to guarantee those specs you listed will be plenty for KF2. That should handle a UE3 game easily. Of course I'm not TWI, but just going on personal experience and observations.

Upvote 0
RO2 generally got long viewing distances with a lot of actors on it. This generally puts a lot of heavy stress on systems.

KF2 if its levels are more similar to KF1 will probably have smaller rooms to navigate in, but will have more detail in the things showcased.

If KF1 vs RO1 will be anything to go by then its likely that KF2 will likely be less CPU dependant than RO2, and probably require about as much stress in GPU power. This likely means that KF2 is probably a lot more scaleable in terms of hardware as well.

Of course this is just an educated guess (and I'm not involved in the development of KF2 in anyway), but I would not be surprised if KF2 runs better than RO2, even though its a much more modern game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0