• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Crash] Hard Lock/Crash

Okay, it`s clear to me. But...i have a 560 TI with no problems. ( i have an other problem...lag) What is the difference between my card and one of the
600 serie?

They have completely different architectures: it may not be visible to the end user, but they have very different ways of doing stuff under the hood.

500-series is practically just improved 400-series, so it uses Fermi architecture: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NVIDIA_Fermi_architecture

600-series however uses completely new architecture, Kepler:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_600_Series

And it's not just marketing bull****, there are really massive differences between those two systems. So it's entirely possible that something works fine on the other, and doesn't work at all in the other. For example the hard lock that people are experiencing in this thread seems to be limited to Kepler-based GPU:s.

Upvote 0
Can someone tell me that D: ??????
Follow these here instructions for doing this quick fix.

1. Go to Nvidia settings -> 3D Settings -> add Red Orchestra 2: Her... to the Applicationsettings -> disable CUDA - GPUs(by clicking the 2 radiobox and dont selecting the checkbox in it) for RO2
2. In RO2 ingame setting, disable hardware phsyx and set AA to FXAA high instead of MSAA

CUDA is...probably summit relating to using the GPU for certain calculations rather than the CPU, in this case, PhysX.

Upvote 0
Finally tried the fix involving disabling CUDA and hardware physx, and guess what: played 2 hours without a single hitch. Before the fix game always froze my computer after about 10-20 minutes of playtime.

Massive thanks for the guy who discovered the solution for this BSOD issue, it's nice to finally be able to actually play the game instead of cursing techinical problems.

Upvote 0
Yep. I noticed the gtx 6 series were being problematic since end of December/beginning of January. I frequent both the support forums here and the steam ones and noticed many users had gtx 6 series card. I thought it would fix itself. Fast forward 4 months later to this free weekend and there were over 20 reports on the steam forums as well as here so. I compiled them and put out a bunch of solutions and tried to get members to work together.

Seems like we got a temporary fix and the dev's attention.

Certainly a thanks for keeping on it. Didn't get on the PC last night so I'll try tonight with that fix.

Upvote 0
Thanks for trying to help, but it didn't work.

I was hoping the newes Nvidia driver that was released recently would fix the issue, but no luck there either.

This really sucks!
The temporary fix is below:

Hey guys try that. I just play about 1 hour, without any crash/bsod by exiting. I dont know, if this is work for you, because my error is special and i am the only one i know who got that.

1. Go to Nvidia settings -> 3D Settings -> add Red Orchestra 2: Her... to the Applicationsettings -> disable CUDA - GPUs(by clicking the 2 radiobox and dont selecting the checkbox in it) for RO2
2. In RO2 ingame setting, disable hardware phsyx and set AA to FXAA high instead of MSAA

That is all what i've done. I hope it works :). Need more intense testing.

Upvote 0
The temporary fix is below:

Hey guys try that. I just play about 1 hour, without any crash/bsod by exiting. I dont know, if this is work for you, because my error is special and i am the only one i know who got that.

That is all what i've done. I hope it works :). Need more intense testing.

Tried it yesterday and it seems like it's working for me also, thanks buddy!

Upvote 0
I'll go ahead and post my stuff, I'm having the same issues.

Random crashes, sometimes 30 seconds, sometimes 2 hours.
usually crashes on exit from game as well. It might ALWAYS crash,
I'm not sure. My RO2 gaming usually ends with a crash.

650ti 314.07
8gb ram
windows 8 64bit (seems to be a common thing here)

Upvote 0
The second part is just optional to get better performance, because of disabling cuda. if you never changed any video options, then you don't need anything to do, because these setting are anyway standard. Just disable cuda and have fun ;)

Thanks, but i still having crashes.

I think i found other thing, to my case, is something about the realtek drivers messing with the game, but i can

Upvote 0