• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gunfire sounding like toys and punchless thread number 100

Reallifeh8er

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 5, 2014
Equestria
Yes, this is another rant about how an unhappy KF2 player doesn't like how toyish some guns in KF2 sound. So bear with me this one time.

The Desert Eagle doesn't sound all that punchy and loud and powerful.
Here is a video that demonstrates how an actual Desert Eagle sounds like when fired.
https://youtu.be/iVuRLztDljY?t=2m32s
Skip to 2:32

And here is another one, that demonstrates how an AK47 sounds like (although it is an AK12 in KF2)
https://youtu.be/aSuAPjw2Jgw?t=2m54s
Skip to 2:54

And the M1014 sounds HORRIBLE when fired. It doesn't even sound like a gunshot!

If I could I would replace the KF2 gunfire sounds with these real fired guns. Would give the game that feel of firing a gun, that it's been missing in KF2.

Hopefully TW will allow us to mod the gunfire sounds. I can't wait to bring back the old AR15 gunfire sound and the old HE Grenade explosion too!
And the old Scrake and the old Fleshpound.

Reactions: Willis
CJwarrior;n2286963 said:
Afaik you can actually modifiy the sounds of the guns, some dude did it and replaced with the KF1 sounds. The game sounds a lot better, now if we could get the kf1 zed voices in, would be great.

I tried replacing the new AR15 sounds with the old AR15 sounds with no success. I tried a few ways to achieve replacing sounds but no success so far.
If I could find the one, who modded it and then teach me how he did it, I'd gladly open a community guide for it.

Upvote 0
AR-15 model fires 9mm, but for all intends and purposes it uses the 5.56mm stats from all/most other guns firing this caliber. basically it needs a model swap.
L85 fires 5.56 NATO based on its magazine, also I don't think this weapon was chambered in any other caliber.
AK 7.62X39 based on character voicelines "7.62 to the brainpan does wonders" from bill masterson when using the weapon, but apparently 5.56 NATO based on the shape of its magazine (this is from someone else on the forums)...realistically it can use either depending on its model.
SCAR fires 7.62X51 can be read on the side of the gun model.

Upvote 0
conductiv;n2287168 said:
AR-15 model fires 9mm, but for all intends and purposes it uses the 5.56mm stats from all/most other guns firing this caliber. basically it needs a model swap.
L85 fires 5.56 NATO based on its magazine, also I don't think this weapon was chambered in any other caliber.
AK 7.62X39 based on character voicelines "7.62 to the brainpan does wonders" from bill masterson when using the weapon, but apparently 5.56 NATO based on the shape of its magazine (this is from someone else on the forums)...realistically it can use either depending on its model.
SCAR fires 7.62X51 can be read on the side of the gun model.

yea you may be right, sometimes i forget they made it so the AR-15 does same damage as L85

Upvote 0
conductiv;n2287168 said:

I think the AK-12 is a 5.45x39, while if it were AK-15 then it would have 7.62x39, atleast according to wikipedia which could be wrong.

Upvote 0
Frost Spectre;n2287333 said:
I think the AK-12 is a 5.45x39, while if it were AK-15 then it would have 7.62x39, atleast according to wikipedia which could be wrong.

you are correct, but like all the other calibers this weapon can fire it is just a redesignation (AK-15 = AK-12 with a barrel suited for 7.62X39 caliber) they did not do that for their rechambered versions for 5.56X45 or 7.62X51 (they are all AK-12 for some odd reason)

hence I just ignore the existence of the AK-15

Upvote 0
i have never fired an AR15 in real life..so judge me by that, not knowing perhaps...

i do like the "new" AR15 sound way better than the old one. it feels impactfull to a degree. the old sound just didnt do it for me. it sounded way more "plastic".

coming from a person that has only shot a double barrel in real life, hence not much experience with the ingame guns in real life...i do like most of the sounds the game has to offer..especially the 1911's. coming to think of it i cant actually say i dislike any of the gun sounds that are based on RL guns. all the projectile weapons feel great and sound just as awesome as i would think they would do if you had actually held one on a range and squezzed off a few rounds. mind you..saying this...i have very little experience with shooting guns or how they feel/sound.

Upvote 0
The EBR for example sounds like a tank rifle fired on a mountain range. That is totally immersion breaking for me. Or the MP5 for example. Thats not how a 9mm on full auto sounds to me. It was pointed out that they recorded real weapon sounds and that how we hear them will depend on our personal output device. In other words, if I don't use my headset and interconnect the equalizer of my hifi system, then I might get better results...

Upvote 0