• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Grindhouse Phase 1 Winners

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    http://www.moddb.com/games/killing-...se-killing-floor-2-mapping-competition-wave-2

From the 45 new Killing Floor 2 maps, modders have created for your enjoyment! The Judges from tripwire have made their selection, now its time to really turn up the gas and ensure your maps are polished to perfection for Phase 2 underway now! With the finale fast approaching lets recap how the competition will work from this point forward. On to the Phase 1 winners selection!

Best Non Survival - Containment Station Objective Mode

• 5th Place - Junkyard

• 4th Place - Death Sentence

• 3rd Place (Tie) - Port & Favela

• 2nd Place - Deadline

• 1st Place - Hostile Grounds

Phase 2 started December 7, 2015 and ends January 31, 2016. All submissions must be in by the deadline of January 31, 2016 6pm EST.

Your map must be uploaded to modDB on or before this date.
    Along with the Entry Form on the Contest site.

Don't miss your opportunity to get some large wads of dosh and a chance to have your map developed into Killing Floor 2's official lineup.

Just finished uploading these to my clan's private server. Looking forward to trying them out this evening, but in cycling thru all the maps, I noticed something odd on Deadline which appeared on no other maps:

Code:
    [0687.69] Log: AKFGameInfo::SetGameUnranked - UNRANKING GAME
    [0771.75] Log: Octree Warning (AddPrimitive): BrushComponent_32 (Owner: KF-Deadline.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.DynamicPhysicsVolume_0) Outside World.
    If a map triggers the server to become Unranked, does that mean players keep no XP gained while playing that map, or is there some other difference between Ranked and Unranked servers?

Upvote 0
    So im confused as to what this actually means. I get that these are the winners of phase one of the contest that has been going on, but im confused about everything else. Can someone explain what this means?

Basically over the next month these maps will be tweaked and polished and fixed up. Probably another month before we see them in-game.

Upvote 0
    I think Police Station should've earned a spot. Oh well, maybe for phase 2. But other than that, these are great maps too!

I'd actually disagree as it is now.

Fun map and popular yes, but there isn't much about it at all that actually says it's a police station. More like standard issue wide corridors.

I do like the map but for maps to go official in my book they have to set the scene well. For that one, all I can say is if the guy wants to keep working on it it'd be great to add more police station stuff to make you feel like you're really in one!

Upvote 0
    I'd actually disagree as it is now.

Fun map and popular yes, but there isn't much about it at all that actually says it's a police station. More like standard issue wide corridors.

I do like the map but for maps to go official in my book they have to set the scene well. For that one, all I can say is if the guy wants to keep working on it it'd be great to add more police station stuff to make you feel like you're really in one!

Suppose that's a good point, but I just have a bias for Police Station because it was one of my favorite customs back in KF1. It's a decent remake.

I'm not sure if the 2 maps that are tied will go up against each other in phase 2, we may only get 6 maps. But either way it's a win for us.

Well they're made by the same guy, don't see how they would go against each other.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Suppose that's a good point, but I just have a bias for Police Station because it was one of my favorite customs back in KF1. It's a decent remake.

Ah! I didn't know it was a KF1 remake, that's fair enough.

I always saw it as an original map having not played the KF1 one, and always wondered what it is that actually made it a police station.

Might be worth making a KF2 original version? iunno.

Upvote 0
    Ah! I didn't know it was a KF1 remake, that's fair enough.

I always saw it as an original map having not played the KF1 one, and always wondered what it is that actually made it a police station.

Might be worth making a KF2 original version? iunno.

It looked a lot more like an actual police station in the first game, so I do agree on the KF2 version not looking as police-ish. But I loved the hell out of it in KF1, so as long as there's SOME version to play on KF2 then I love it.

On another note, as for the actual winners, the maps are great but I have some complaints. I feel like there's too many reused Burning Paris assets, particularly in Junkyard and Hostile Grounds. Although on Hostile Grounds the underground sewer area makes up for it, that part of the map is SO GOOD and Swifty is a genius. But the amount of reused assets on KF2 custom maps has been bugging the hell out of me for months.

Although then again, at least it's consistent so it just looks like a different location in Paris. Unlike (no offence MGS, just constructive criticism) the London remake where you got French vehicles and metro signs, guess it's not London anymore! I dunno, I just hope the devs do something with them to make it stand out more once they put these in as official maps.

Upvote 0