• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Great work killing demo, TWI.

Needs more boom.

Needs more boom.

I have to agree with Meow on this one.
Demo isn't a perfect choice for every single situation. It wasn't like that in KF1, either. It's excellent for small spaces where you can get a concentrated amount of zeds to blow up (old-school Biotics Lab, anyone?) This is the fun part of playing demo, I think. Whenever I play demo and am camping in the staircase on Catacombs, I always have the highest amount of kills.
If you have a wide-open map where zeds are spread out, it's inefficient.
And yes, it always has been expensive (anyone remember buying L.A.W. ammo!??) You have to save money, become skilled with your pistol and save up for bigger weps for later waves. That's how it was in KF1, as well.
Though I think the inability to effectively take out the FP does make it a less desirable class. Come on, who didn't seeing a Fleshpound get its legs blown off and fly across the screen when it met your pipebomb?
That made demo the most fun I think :3
I think demo needs a clear role. It kind of seems like they put firebug (with the microwave gun) into the FP-clearing role and moved demo in its place to more of a clean-up class. A lot of people don't seem to be OK with that? I dunno. To me if you have a demolitions expert, it's supposed to be super powerful for the big guys. We're talking GRENADE LAUNCHERS here people!
Plus, I think the demo weps were seriously the most fun from the first game, and maybe that's lacking a bit of creativity as well?
Planting a nice harpoon in a scrake's head always made me giggle.
Just some thoughts.

Upvote 0
Are you telling us that "devs know better"? If so, then why did they increased the AA-12 cost to 1700 and then reverted that change?

This is an early access and devs need our feedback to make this game better.

It's just not possible to think about everything, that's why devs should use the community and not rely only on themselves. Unfortunately, it's pretty common among all devs to think that they're always smarter than the community, and that is obviously wrong.

If you can tell me where I said that or even implied Ill start taking you seriously.

Just to be clear - its perfectly obviously I was talking about the playerbase in general. No need to throw a wobbly dear! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I have to agree with Meow on this one.
Demo isn't a perfect choice for every single situation. It wasn't like that in KF1, either. It's excellent for small spaces where you can get a concentrated amount of zeds to blow up (old-school Biotics Lab, anyone?) This is the fun part of playing demo, I think. Whenever I play demo and am camping in the staircase on Catacombs, I always have the highest amount of kills.
If you have a wide-open map where zeds are spread out, it's inefficient.
And yes, it always has been expensive (anyone remember buying L.A.W. ammo!??) You have to save money, become skilled with your pistol and save up for bigger weps for later waves. That's how it was in KF1, as well.
Though I think the inability to effectively take out the FP does make it a less desirable class. Come on, who didn't seeing a Fleshpound get its legs blown off and fly across the screen when it met your pipebomb?
That made demo the most fun I think :3
I think demo needs a clear role. It kind of seems like they put firebug (with the microwave gun) into the FP-clearing role and moved demo in its place to more of a clean-up class. A lot of people don't seem to be OK with that? I dunno. To me if you have a demolitions expert, it's supposed to be super powerful for the big guys. We're talking GRENADE LAUNCHERS here people!
Plus, I think the demo weps were seriously the most fun from the first game, and maybe that's lacking a bit of creativity as well?
Planting a nice harpoon in a scrake's head always made me giggle.
Just some thoughts.

Yes that was the KF1 demo.... but given weve already had a thread about the
homogenization of perks or at least their roles, what I personally like about the demo was that it could do either of those jobs. When I play demo in KF2 I would take on the role of FP clearer = nades/c4/rpg and keep 50% of my rpgs for clearing sirens. I would not necessarily engage Scrakes, even though I know the demo can do so, as there are enough classes to do so.

Without the stun... fps can now overwhelm the team depending on the situation, and esp. if no one takes out the sirens, nades arent going to help take down the team.

What TW have done by removing the stun is basically make the demos job alot harder on pubs. Now I personally dont mind that but, another how many mechanisms may need to be removed to "balance" the game?

Upvote 0
Because the community cried about how broken Support was, back when there were only four perks. Support being bad was a RESULT of listening to the community.

The community only asked for a (at the time well needed) nerf. The devs decided how to and how hard to nerf the AA12.

Please don't try and undermine the communities efforts to give feedback on the game. Not every suggestion is sensible and not every change is going to turn out for the better but they can always be reverted. If TW didn't want feedback they wouldn't have put the game on early access and I'm sure that they are able to make their own decisions about how to use community feedback.

Upvote 0
Without the stun... fps can now overwhelm the team depending on the situation, and esp. if no one takes out the sirens, nades arent going to help take down the team.

What TW have done by removing the stun is basically make the demos job alot harder on pubs. Now I personally dont mind that but, another how many mechanisms may need to be removed to "balance" the game?

Did you not catch Yoshiro's post (it's unintended, fix coming next update).

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=1480698&postcount=60

Upvote 0