• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gorefast is OP?

Maddoxx

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Earth
After much thinking and playing as a zerk lv 6, it is my belief that the gorefast indeed is OP?

Sometimes, with full armor and health, i get surpised how much a single blow from a gorefast can damage in comparison with the supposedly much mightier FP.

Is the gorefast really supposed to be so strong? Seems odd to me.

Last edited:
If theyd nerf it in any way, it would be underpowered.
Thus in my opinion, it is not overpowered, even compared to fp's.
In contrast, i would say siren is nowadays bit op, since it can really just rape anything it comes by if not destroyed immedietly outside range of its aoe.
Not really overpowered, but stronger than any other zed.

Gorefast is still quite weak specimen and can be dealt with knive even offperk, but giving siren comes around corner, not really much you can do about it with few classes, sure you can take it out, but on dedicated servers it still damages you more than anything, wich can get even whole team screwed up really bad if let go un-noticed.

So IMO not op, just great trash zed.

Upvote 0
... but giving siren comes around corner, not really much you can do about it with few classes, sure you can take it out, but on dedicated servers it still damages you more than anything, wich can get even whole team screwed up really bad if let go un-noticed.

Scream canceling. That is all.

Also, Maddox, go home, you're drunk.

Upvote 0
After much thinking and playing as a zerk lv 6, it is my belief that the gorefast indeed is OP?

Sometimes, with full armor and health, i get surpised how much a single blow from a gorefast can damage in comparison with the supposedly much mightier FP.

Is the gorefast really supposed to be so strong? Seems odd to me.

lol

I don't know what else I could say. The beginning is just great! I think the Gorefast is just perfect as it is.

Upvote 0
lol

I don't know what else I could say. The beginning is just great! I think the Gorefast is just perfect as it is.

Well, that might be true!

I have not stated that the gorefast should be changed in any way. I am just qurious, if it is supposed to be like that? Because i do think sometimes, when i get hit: "WTF?" or "WTH?" or just "???", when i look back at my armor and /or health and this is from a single gorefast hitting once ( maybe two times ) and me being a zerk lv 6 with a 40 % damagereduction.

Upvote 0
Well, that might be true!

I have not stated that the gorefast should be changed in any way. I am just qurious, if it is supposed to be like that? Because i do think sometimes, when i get hit: "WTF?" or "WTH?" or just "???", when i look back at my armor and /or health and this is from a single gorefast hitting once ( maybe two times ) and me being a zerk lv 6 with a 40 % damagereduction.

I thought the idea behind this thread was more like an idea to change it or to complain. I'm now certain that this thread is just created of the shock.

I know what you mean. When I'm playing on Hell on Earth and need to reload or something and a Gorefast is following me, I know I have to do something quickly otherwise it slays me two times and I'm dead if I had no armor. It's even enough to get hit once and be forced to slow down.

Upvote 0
I thought the idea behind this thread was more like an idea to change it or to complain. I'm now certain that this thread is just created of the shock.

I know what you mean. When I'm playing on Hell on Earth and need to reload or something and a Gorefast is following me, I know I have to do something quickly otherwise it slays me two times and I'm dead if I had no armor. It's even enough to get hit once and be forced to slow down.

Heeh, yes, shock can be synonomyous with surprise and i also get pissed off and start to curse. Mostly i use the word "BASTARD!". Heehe!

Just like i sometimes get angry at husk using an aimbot.

Upvote 0
Yes their damage is surprising at times... I seem to recall someone (scary_ghost? NutterButter?) saying that the third (or second?) most common death surprisingly enough is Gorefasts. In a lot of cases, it's not the Fleshpound that kills you, it's the Gorefast(s) that you back into that slice and dice you very quickly.

Upvote 0
My problem with Gorefasts isn't their damage, but dem spawns... Far too many times I got trolled by random gorefast spawns literally right behind you. You check back one second, shoot the mob in front of you, turn again to check your back, lol and behold a random ninja gorefast is shanking you out of nowhere. That is what is frustrating.

Upvote 0
Yes their damage is surprising at times... I seem to recall someone (scary_ghost? NutterButter?) saying that the third (or second?) most common death surprisingly enough is Gorefasts. In a lot of cases, it's not the Fleshpound that kills you, it's the Gorefast(s) that you back into that slice and dice you very quickly.

On my server, the #1 overall cause of death, excluding suicides, is gorefasts but, if you consider that the avg pub team doesn't even make it to fp waves, that number is fairly skewed. On the chance they do make it to waves 7-10, then fleshpounds are the #1 killers followed by: gorefasts for waves 7 & 8, and scrakes for waves 9 & 10.

Upvote 0
On my server, the #1 overall cause of death, excluding suicides, is gorefasts but, if you consider that the avg pub team doesn't even make it to fp waves, that number is fairly skewed. On the chance they do make it to waves 7-10, then fleshpounds are the #1 killers followed by: gorefasts for waves 7 & 8, and scrakes for waves 9 & 10.

That's still kind of unfair.

A singular gorefast isn't the cause of death. It gets (sorry for using pokemon meta lingo) a revenge kill on people because of its fast speed and high damage. If you get overwhelmed, the gorefast sprints at you. It jumps around and gets into whatever space is left to reach the you.

On Hell on Earth, a gorefast will do 50 damage on full swing if the player is armor-less. When someone is hurting (<50 health) and running away from a horde that just styled all over their balls, the gorefast just charges in for the kill.

A gorefast has meh health and a lenient, yet sometimes off, hitbox. If you were good at this game you should be perfectly capable of taking out a single gorefast. If there's too many zeds, you died because you got overwhelmed, not because the gorefast is OP.

TL;DR: Gorefasts will kill steal from other zeds because of its high damage. It'll also finish off people who are hurting because of the fast movement speed when charging. As I said in my wall of text, the gorefast wasn't solely responsible for your death; you died because you got overwhelmed. This is prefect because gorefast is a squishy zed, meaning it can't take very many hits. It's a threat, but can be dispatched easily, making it balanced.

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0