• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Give your friend a "Guest Pass" for chirstmas

well I used to be one of those aluminium-wrapped-salad-bowl wearing gits thinking that steam was spying on all the mp3, movies, pirated games etc that I didnt have on my computer anyway. But that was version 1. As I understand it the first version of steam ****ed so bad, esecial with 4 hour limited dial-up, that Valve couldnt fix it. So they scrapped it and rewrote it from scratch. It would have been real difficult to get RO out wothout something like steam. Now I find its fine to use, doesnt rape my hard drive, ram etc, and is convenient and cheap to get games from.

Upvote 0
MILK said:
is there something for my girlfriend? :rolleyes:

reztranceoz5.gif

She'll love it... trust me.

Upvote 0
LMAO!! I was gonna say, when steam first came out.... it ****ING BLEW ASS!!

It was ****, really buggy, always freezing or crashing, friends list always down...

(ya congrats to valve for making this piece of ****!)

I would have rather had RO on its own, without ****ty steam! :mad:

I use to hate steam too when it originally came out.

With time, it got pretty good...

If it wasn't for steam... I wouldnt even have known about this great game...
I am pretty sure that a good amount of RO:OST players (who did not know of the beta days) found out about RO thanks to steam (CS, DOD, CS:S, DOD:S players... or whatever other game... more games, more advertising...

Right now... I am loving steam.

Upvote 0