• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[How Do I?] Getting RO to play under Steam on Linux

Ingvar

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 7, 2007
Hello All,

I'm trying to move more and more of my computing to Linux. I'm running OpenSuse 11.3 and have successfully installed Steam and quite a number of games. I've gotten Red Orchestra to work to a certain degree, but I've run into a mouse problem, especially on the main menu. It seems to hit invisible walls. But it's not consistent. I can sometimes get past certain points but then am blocked at others. I've been able to get into the single player game and play somewhat successfully, but I don't think the mouse works properly even then.

I've searched the forums as well as the wine app database and there are no obvious fixes that I could locate. A lot of the info on this forum is rather old. The last post in the wine/cedega thread above is more than a year old and full of dead links etc. Does anyone run Red Orchestra under Linux successfully and how did they deal with the mouse problem if they had it at all? Thanks in advance.

Ingvar