• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

get rid of 5pts for resupply

LoneSoldier

Mar 5, 2006
i think its ridiculous how someone gets 5 points fer resupplying, ive seen people win maps by just resupplying and they do it for the points not for teamplay. even 3 points would be too much. i often like to play with the mg but being pistolled in the leg so they can resupply u for 5 points and not caring if u die, or running up to ur position while u r hiding prone and giving urposition away just for points annoys me too. seriously whos idea was it to give 5 whole points for resupplying which equals to killing 5 enemy soldiers :mad:

..........ive seen people win maps by just resupplying .........

Individual score and position on the score board really doesn't mean a thing in RO. Winning the round together a team is the whole point of the game. Even kills really don't matter as long as you contribute to helping your team take and/or hold objectives.

People who obsess about their personal score really should be playing some other game in my opinion.

Upvote 0
I play Russian anyway... Which of course means that MG supply accounts for little to none... But I think the 5 point plug is fine. It promotes new players to get into the mindset of a team victory.

In the spirit of what it takes to win at RO, it does sort of make the scoreboard accurate. After all keeping the MG blazing preventing the enemy from reaching the capzone (area denial) could be more help to the team than 5 individual kills.

Upvote 0
i personally prefer teamplay i always go for the objective but it does just bug me how a lot of people do it for the points and dont care less about resupplying i think it should just be lowered to 2 points max

Hello there.
Remember i'm the one you accused of over-resuppling. I did find your tirade very funny as it all started when i pointed out it wasn't very nice of you to teamwound our sniper to get his weapon (and no he wasn't afk but writing). It's even funnier now to see you talking about teamplay.

Do i resupply mger's? Hell yes! On some maps i resupply them everytime i die. Why? It's the backbone of our team. A silent/inactive mger isn't usefull to his team. On that map (Zithomir) you should have kept firing non stop in the alley to let us charge and deny acess to the Russians. For me giving ammo is a way to say to the mger "keep firing". Oh and while i'm at it, NO i wasn't following you. Usually i'm a "rusher" so i was rushing the capzone (you were just outside of it and didn't listen when we yelled for help).

Now for the points, i really don't care. 0 point for an mg resupply won't change my way of playing. I might be a bit old for internet games but when i play it's strictly to change my mind after a long day of work. So no, i don't play for the scoreboard but only to win the match.

It seems to me you are the one crystalizing on individual score/points?!?

I hope one day i will be the mger YOU resupply and be sure that day i won't yell at you or envy you because you did get your 5 points. :D

Have a nice day.

Ad'

PS: We need more servers with the "no-scoreboard & no death-messages" mutator.

Upvote 0
it does make people resupply the mg'er more, but 5 points...

i personally prefer teamplay i always go for the objective but it does just bug me how a lot of people do it for the points and dont care less about resupplying i think it should just be lowered to 2 points max

Yes good point m8, I suggest though that a time delay on this is introduced. What this should be depends on map time though.
As had been said though in here a server admin option (As i am )should be introduced to along with this change if implemented.

Upvote 0
i think its ridiculous how someone gets 5 points fer resupplying, ive seen people win maps by just resupplying and they do it for the points not for teamplay. even 3 points would be too much. i often like to play with the mg but being pistolled in the leg so they can resupply u for 5 points and not caring if u die, or running up to ur position while u r hiding prone and giving urposition away just for points annoys me too. seriously whos idea was it to give 5 whole points for resupplying which equals to killing 5 enemy soldiers :mad:

If you play this game for a while you'll realize the points don't really matter in the end, just that the team worked together to win.

Those who perform actions that are more beneficial to the team get more poitns, such as capping (10 points) and supplying the MG (5 points).
Kills only get you 1 point, which is good, because killing the enemy is not the goal, getting enough team members in the capzone alive to cap is the goal, your guns are just to allow you do do that better. The MG class is supposed to help the team have a clear path to get to the capzone.

Supplying the MG who is providing good cover can be essential for a good team effort. I think the 5 points is well deserved for those who either care enough for the team effort or just care about the points...either way, it helps the MG which helps the team.

Upvote 0