• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

German Helmet Decals

these decorations/level of decorations wont give any perks to advantage someone to one and another. Only visual aspect is touched.

huh?

very well put, zets.
looking at some realism-units who seem to have an ss-fetish and for some reason seem to be centred in the us, this 'educational use' of swastikas over here worked out better than having the 'freedom to wear them on your shirts, license plate, wedding ring etc.', i guess.

Way to overgeneralize there, hero. I have been in two units that portrayed the 1.SS and 12.SS. I can tell you that a vast majority of the members are actually Canadian, Brits/Scots/Welsh, Australian, Norway, Austrian, German, Polish, South Korea (lol yes, you read that part correctly even though it was only one member), and from Finland. Even when these units portrayed a Waffen SS unit they also portrayed Wehrmacht units.

By the way, I'm not and most members that join these type of units are not "Nazis." I'm actually a Libertarian. So I guess that pretty much destroys your hypothesis.

Europe was directly affected by the second world war because the war took place on its soil. Above all that what happened must not be forgotten over time. And for that its important out of respect of those who suffered during the war, that the symbols of a regime that caused loads of suffering won't be turned into a toy.

So WW2 only happened on European soil?

Those symbols are in direct connection to the regime, and European governments do not want those symbols to become a symbol you'll see on toys.

I'm sorry your "governments" make your decisions on what is acceptable. As much as I and many others take our freedoms for granted in the US, it's that statement alone that makes me breath with a sigh of relief. It's also why we can't have anything nice that adds to immersion in video games such as RO and others: Iron Cross instead of the Swastika.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
By the way, I'm not and most members that join these type of units are not "Nazis." I'm actually a Libertarian. So I guess that pretty much destroys your hypothesis.

What's the bloody point? We all know there's plenty of perfectly sane people with the subject and consider it just as educating hobby. It's also quite noted fact that such subject also tends to gravitate towards some fruitcakes and odd types and once you've seen few too many it's not a surprise that someone wants to be careful about it.

Hans Ludwig said:
So WW2 only happened on European soil?

Did the germans fight on the pacific theatre of operations?

Hans Ludwig said:
I'm sorry your "governments" make your decisions on what is acceptable

So what's Obama doing right now about the health reformation despite major opposition?

Upvote 0
I never stated that the war only happened on European soil, so my comment made perfect sense. Unless you want to suggest that there was never any fighting in Europe. Because the battles happened behind our back doors we look at things differently, than countries that were never under control of the Nazi regime.

Neither have I ever stated that people joining SS realism units are Nazi's, I just say that they have a lack of respect about the basic meaning of what the SS was. In its essence of being a private army of the Nazi party. And wanting to create a SS re-enactment unit, while there are plenty of other Heer alternatives, sounds to me like a lack of sensible taste.

Goverments always make decisions about what is allowed and what not. Making sure that information doesn't get diluted and that the truth of the occasion is kept in remembrance so it doesn't happen again got my vote. And that's the exact reason why I don't think of the SS as cool elite super soldiers.

You say that America got pure freedom with every thing. Then look at all the changes in laws that were made after the horrible occasion with the twin towers. Heck if you want to speak about freedom in general. I can promise you that where I live there is more freedom (and less crime & less drug addicts!) than in the US.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nimsky
Upvote 0
You say that America got pure freedom with every thing. Then look at all the changes in laws that were made after the horrible occasion with the twin towers. Heck if you want to speak about freedom in general. I can promise you that where I live there is more freedom (and less crime & less drug addicts!) than in the US.

Which laws are you speaking of? Please let Zetsumei answer this one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Which laws are you speaking of? Please let Zetsumei answer this one.

For starters you can look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._government_response_to_the_September_11_attacks

In general a lot of changes were made to increase security, however increasing security means increasing monitoring and information sharing and with that decreasing individual freedom. It's a double sided sword.

Every country uses politics and when they've come to a decision , they do not talk about the political process but rather speak in the rational project method. Such is life. Governments all do things with the best intents for themselves and their country, however that often includes lying to the people. Governments have to make choices, and there is not always an ideal answer especially with wicked problems.

The world is not black and white, and the simple fact is that everywhere compromises are made and have to be made to keep the clock ticking.

Last edited:
Upvote 0