• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

General Annoyances Compilation

Zetsumei

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Last edited the 20th of september
I'm trying to keep a list up to date of general annoyances I might have missed a think or two so be sure to reply. This is not so much for real ideas and suggestions but more about smaller tweaks.

Graphical based
  • friendly player names can block your vision in both relaxed as realistic realism (option for transparancy?, option to hide names to tacticalview?)
  • The game overhead map arrow is nearly the same colour&contrast as the overhead map itself, making it very difficult to see.
  • When zooming in with depth of field enabled you see a double tip with your ironsights making it difficult to aim (try station).
  • Inability to manually change the anisotropic filtering settings (it seems to be set at 4x by default).
  • Firing a bolt action rifle, with manual bolting enabled, does not show any hit indications. Making it difficult to correct your aim after a miss.
  • Enabling anti aliasing in your graphics cards control panel, makes the content of the ingame menus dissapear.
  • Peripheral vision indicators help you see and kill through smoke

Audio based
  • Sometimes when joining a new map audio drops out forcing a player to restart the game to regain sound.
  • Regardless of distance of your enemy when you hit him you seem to hear an audio cue hit indication

Reload interrupting
  • unability to let melee override reloading
  • unability to let change weapon override reloading
  • unability to let ironsight button to stop the reload and close the chamber (important for single bullet reload weapons)
  • unability to let the fire button to stop the reload and close the chamber (important for single bullet reload weapons)
  • interrupting a reload at 99% makes it as if you never reloaded at all

Covermode interrupting
  • Unability to walk/run away from a heavyMG
  • Unability to walk/run away when in cover mode while also being in ironsights
  • unability to always go prone in emergencies when for instance close to a wall (would be nice if it just moves your body to a place where you can go prone)

The use button = cover = bandage button
  • When trying to pickup a weapon or use a radio close to cover you often snap to cover instead of utilizing the use function. (personally I'd keep the use function separate, just bind it to enter or something especially since drop weapon is backspace)

Menu annoyances
  • unability to fully disable the morale music.
  • binding the menu often makes binds dissapear
  • inability to bind a button to have you hold down a button to crouch instead of toggle
  • inability to bind a button to have you hold down a button to prone instead of toggle
  • inability to bind a button to have you hold down a button to look through ironsights instead of a toggle
  • inability to bind a button to have you hold down a button to get the map instead of toggle
  • inability to bind the zoom key (default H) in the menu.
  • inability to bind the console key (default ~ or

Last edited:
Add these:
-Show (axis) or (allies) before the player name in chat
-Prevent commanders in Countdown from calling two reinforcement waves at once (five second cooldown?)
-Many spawns have you facing the 'wrong' direction, which can be disorienting and leave you especially vulnerable to spawncamping. Players should _always_ spawn facing the objective.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Was a while since i played (so i don't know if this have changed) but i would like to able to detach (right word?) the bayonet from the rifle. And specially cancel any reloading etc when you use the melee button. :confused:

It's not realistic to have to finish reloading.. you can't really ask the enemy player "please just wait a moment before attacking me so i can finish reloading the weapon"..:D

Upvote 0
Agree with most points already stated but I havent read 2 point yet which are really annoying for me:
-you have a locked rotationaxis as commander looking out of the tank hatch which makes it very difficult and annoying to spot enemies when your gunner moves the turret we had problems to coordinate that even when on the same teamspeak
-you can instant-switch the ammo type,I want the gunner to open the breech again and removing the old round and putting the desired one in
-my personal number one of the few wierd things in game:the extreme shaking after every shot in a tank Ive never seen a tank shaking and flipping up and down so much.
I have watched so many footage videos and I can tell you that the t34-76 is moving back a little bit but often you cant tell whether it the camera shaking or the tank.
Even bigger guns like normal 88 of tiger or HV 75mm of panther do not move the tank a little bit

Upvote 0
Attacking crouched and especially prone people with melee feels like Morrowind, rolling an imaginary die to see if you hit or not. Often you'll get a "smack" sound and a puff of dust when you're stabbing with a bayonet, instead of a "shhhik" and a blood splat, and they won't take any damage from this. When I charge in a room and see a person prone, I'll just stop and shoot them. Not worth the extra hassle.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
- Random voices in game that are generally annoying, there should be an option to turn them off.

-The weapon accuracy is also very high.

- Low recoil for StG (Mkb) and the semi-auto rifles (G41 and SVT40).

- Lack of any or at least very little weapon sway.

- Stamina system does very little and only seems to effect sprinting.

- Damage system is very basic and unrealistic.

- Lack of authentic weapons and a huge amount of weapons that lack authenticity along with the 'upgrades'.

- Upgrade system in general.

- The huuuuge faults in the upgrade / honour system. I have an accuracy with the scoped K98 of 2633.33%.

- Machine guns aren't any where near effective enough

- Suppression isn't effective enough

- Suicide when choosing weapons.

- A large emphasis on weapons and classes rather then squads.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tanks:

- No WASD turret controls
- No way to separate WASD controls from tank driver orders
- Cannot scuttle the tank at will (Very annoying when it gets stuck, tracks or engine knocked out)

Sounds:

- No option to select Native Sounds

Menus:

- Map Voting menu is jittery and does not function properly
- Stats do not tack properly

Last edited:
Upvote 0