• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Game starts to hang after a few waves.

HazardousMonkey

pew pew
Mar 30, 2015
Reproducibility: Either every match, or every other match.

Category: Code?

Summary: Game freezes up or "hangs" then will just sit there forever.

Description: After a few rounds ( not consistent ) KF2 will freeze completely and stop responding. Music will still play in the background, but all gunfire and other sound effects stop completely. I've let the game idle to see if it starts responding, but it never works. The only way to restart the game is to CTRL+ALT+DELETE and close the process. Restarting the game doesn't fix the issue.

Offline/Online: It hangs on both offline and online.

PC specs: -Lenovo 410p - laptop
----------- -2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M (Lenovo)
----------- -Windows 8.1 64-Bit
----------- -Intel Core i7 4700MQ @ 2.40GHz
----------- -8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz

Final notes: - I have the current Nvidia drivers => 350.12
------------- - My computer isn't overheating.
------------- - I've validated the cache many, many times.

I can provide more detail if needed

EDIT: I found that Killing Floor 2 causes my Nvidia drivers to crash. People seem to say that this is caused by heating issues, or poor ventilation but my computer has neither of these issues. I did notice a huge spike in disk usage at the moment of the crash though.
Image for refrence
If anyone can find a way to fix this issue, it'd be very appreciated.

EDIT#2: I followed these instructions "by adjusting the Timeout Detection and Recovery registry value" but it only seems to have caused a different message when it starts to hang. It looks like the high disc usage was just a coincidence since the game crashed again without a spike after this adjustment.

Attachments

• Launch.log
    322.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I actually started playing KF2 with the older driver that came out before the GTAV game ready ones. Unfortunately both versions made my game hang around the same points. Also the beta is over so I can't test an even older version for a fix either :(
My only hope is that Tripwire manage to find a fix before the game is released next week.

Upvote 0
quick update

quick update

Yesterday I took the time to completely wipe my computer just to rule out any other issue. After purchasing the deluxe edition this afternoon I was very pleased to go about 4 - 5 whole matches without a crash. Sadly when I got to the 6th it crashed again with the same error as before.
Here's a fresh DxDiag and Log from the crash after the wipe.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    79.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Launch.log
    14.7 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0