• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics G41>g43?

the G43 is a very inaccurate gun. It was rushed to combat other armies with semi-automatic rifles in the war such as America and shat all over the party that was WW2. [ok it wasn't a party but i needed that pun]

It is very inacurate. many times i have been sniper with G43 and I am prone, no recoil b/c i am leanin against objects and my aimer is completely on the enemy's chest and the shot lands 3 feet to the left of him. then at his feet. then over his head. then i shot his hands and finally killed him. It is inaccurate at long ranges.

It is only good for bolstering firepower at close range or harassing the enemy at long range. It is better suited for close ranges when more firepower and rapidity is needed. Such as the Mg42 compared to the Mg34. the latter is much more accurate and has a good rate of fire, and the former has a ridiculously fast rate of fire and is best suited for closer ranges.

that's my 2 cents worth.

One question though. If someone asks a penny for your thoughts and you give them your 2 cents' worth, where does the other penny go?? I don't know lol :D

Upvote 0
In the real world the American M1 Grand is superior to anything the Germans, Russians, French, British, Italian, Japanese, etc... ever put into service. In the game my personal preference is the G41 for one more reason I HATE PARTIAL MAGS!!!
Ever fire off the first 8 in the G43 or the SVT-40, get some down time, reload, then later on, in the middle of a fire fight you happen (at random) to pop in that 2 round mag from earlier? This never happens with a careful G41 user.
I know, I know ... just finish the mag and reload ... personally I like to avoid the problem all together because with the G41 if I can't reload at the time, at least I know I have 6 rounds or more to work with.
We all know what the real Germans did in the real war as most of us have studied (or in my case have a master's degree in) history and love World War 2 in Europe. This forum is talking about the game Red Orchestra ... not the real failure of the G41 as a real weapon in a real war.
For the sake of wasting less space we should all bare this in mind.

----Lowman

I disagree. I own both a Garand and an SVT40 and if I had to choose one it would be the SVT hands down. Why?

SVT has 10 shots vs 8 in the M1.

SVT40 can be fed from bottom with a new mag or from top with Mosin Nagant type clips. Garand only takes clips and they are integral.

SVT mag can be topped off easily, Garand clip can also but takes too long and I would not try it on the battlefield. Reloading a Nagant revolver would be quicker IMHO. :rolleyes:

Garand has a built in audible and visual "look at me Im out of ammo everybody" feature thanks to it's clip. SVT thankfully does not.

Other thoughts...

Now although I prefer the G41 over the G43 in the game, In real life I would take the G43. It is simply a better rifle that fixed some of the G41s flaws so I agree with you 100% on that.

People forget that firearm jaming and failures are not modelled in this game. If it was modelled, the PPSH, G41 and MP41 would not be as popular as they are now.

Upvote 0