• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Future Update/DLC ideas

btmarcher

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 31, 2020
Got the game after watching IGP play it, had my eye on it before that though. Most fun I've had in a long time. Thanks to the folks at Tripwire who kicked ass making this game.

I know it just came out and there's still a bunch of stuff being kicked around, just wanted to throw my 2 cents in. I'd see these more as DLC, cuz that's how games work nowadays, but would also love them as general content updates.

1. Predator Pack
After beating the game you can replay it as a number of different predators with their own mechanics and challenges. The Alligator can move quickly on land and water, breath on land but needs to come up for air after being underwater too long (if you wanted more realism you would need some sort of 'ability' to allow it to survive in saltwater). The orca is way stronger than our lady bull shark but also has to come up for air (same as the gator, would need something to justify it surviving in freshwater). Different kinds of sharks is the obvious one, especially the great white but having the hammerhead specialize in charge attacks could be pretty fun too.

2. The Meg
I mean, this is basically what we were all thinking with this game. However, since the Megalodon is so much bigger than other sharks, even as a baby, certain areas would be cut off because of your size after a certain level (pretty sure a 50-60 ft shark wouldn't fit in Fawtick Bayou, just sayin'). This would definitely need to be behind some achievements, DLC or not, like 100%ing each area, taking out all bounty hunters, and eating X-amount of prey would cause it to spawn as an Apex fight.

3. More Apex fights
Not necessarily single-animal fights but again swarms of them. Anyone can handle 1 alligator, but 5 or 6 at the same time? That's a bit harder. I saw the suggestion elsewhere of having the normal Apex fights respawn after a bit.

4. Baby Shark Punishment
Copyright aside, if you die too much the difficulty should, briefly, change to "Baby Shark Mode" and have the music replaced by 'Baby Shark'. Bonus points if you can get Chris Parnell to sing it.

I'll update this with any other good ideas but that's kinda my wishlist. Even without these, this game is still a 'boat'load of fun.