• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Frustrated by the lack of content and patches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also never said I was speaking for the whole community. It seriously makes me laugh at how badly people don't read and take things out of context.

You were insinuating the community does not want audio fixes when you said this :
Now all of a sudden, the WWAUT is talking about next update fixing sound and crap. ... seriously? Like we really care about that, and what happened to the other content?

AKA speaking on the communities behalf, making generalizations based on your personal thoughts.

Also never said that I was demanding content to be released at my time frame. Only tried to say that a ETA would be nice.

They posted a graph of the ETA for each employees workload. At the bottom of this post http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=110591[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=110591[/URL]
Apparently this does not work for you.

All of you who keep bashing on what I'm saying, please go back and read what was said before making obscure accusations against me. It's seriously pathetic how little people can pay attention and read.

I think you should do a little bit more comprehensive reading yourself. And I've learned that once people start name calling they usually are upset and frustrated that people don't agree with them.

Upvote 0
Sigh. .. you just can't reason with a child or a liberal. The same breed of people that complain and stick up for the young slackers at work when I tell them that they need to pick up the pace and quit slacking off. Oh well.

Now that's a great defense. Bring politics into talking about a video game. Jesus for a sec I thought I was reading the CNN comments. Let me guess, hiring an audio engineer to rework sounds is part of the liberal media conspiracy to make Obama the caliph elect for life for the US?

I was actually surprised and pleased to hear they'd hired an engineer for a second pass at the sounds. Most companies wouldn't bother, they'd go "eh, we already invested X in the audio, it's good enough to meet muster." Instead, they're taking their work up another level. It may be an older item of feedback they're addressing, but it's nice to see they noticed a pretty consistently mentioned complaint/bit of feedback and are doing something about it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sigh. .. you just can't reason with a child or a liberal. The same breed of people that complain and stick up for the young slackers at work when I tell them that they need to pick up the pace and quit slacking off. Oh well.

Wow. You just made some interesting assumptions there. Then you compared people of a specific political view and/or age as complainers that stick up for slackers at YOUR WORK. You just made statements on here very personally connected to your life at work (which you don't sound very satisfied with, maybe why you lash out with so much anger towards complete strangers). That is fascinatingly terrifying to me.

Upvote 0
I don't know how many times I backed Tripwire up by stating that I know they are working hard and that I know things take a long time to come out.

I can have a guess...somewhere between 0 and 12....

giphy.gif

That or your postcount got nicked by angry butch Clot's. :D

Upvote 0
Jeeze, take it easy dude. We've already seen most of what's coming next. You can spend a lot of hours on just one map - of course, it differs from person to person. This is Killing Floor - Playing the same maps over and over again is kind of what it's about. It may not be much now, but see it as an investment for the future. A great game once all updated, I'm sure.

Upvote 0
Try a rpg server.

I thought CNN was liberal.

CNN Is Neutral.

MSNBC is Left
Fox is Right

Political spectrum wise for some of the major news stations.

Hmm, I would've liked the demo and firebug update sometime this month. I would've felt that is reasonable but based on days it probably is more likely to come out in August.

I can wait...but I'm bored with the game for now. And I can't even recommend the game to other KF1 players who I know loved that game because the perks they play aren't in the game yet.

Upvote 0
Hmm, I would've liked the demo and firebug update sometime this month. I would've felt that is reasonable but based on days it probably is more likely to come out in August.

Brace yourself for a September update. Based on the estimated timeline they gave us, we're looking at mid-August before the development tasks are complete, and then there's still QA.

Upvote 0
I'm sure I saw a thread the other day asking why there weren't more regular WWAUT posts? It would seem TWI can't win in this regard, ironically by communicating more with their fan base they seem to be constantly taking stick. So my opinion on the matter is thus:

1) As a player of the game I don't feel it is my entitlement to know every detail of TWI's daily activity, their current progress, what time Yoshiro finished his cup of coffee, or when Alan has had a shave (God forbid).

2) This game is early access, and is essentially a very polished exclusive demo. I as the player have bought the right to get a taster for how the final game is going to appear. It is either this or sit waiting until the end of year and have no involvement whatsoever.

3) Content patches will be ready when they are ready. I as a player have merely invested

Upvote 0
To be honnest I would be more than happy with WWAUT like the last one being more frequent than having content updates that break more things than they fix because of unrealistic deadlines and rushing to provide content.

As a player I love to know the insides of the development. Ofcourse I would kill for an update right now, but it's summer - go out and play with your friends, or like me - go to some festivals (Exit and Sea Dance) travel the world when you are back in a month you will have so much updates that you will probably feel that this is a new game.

Yes it takes time and it is slow, but good things happen slowly.

TWI is the last remaining gaming company that still haven't dissapointed me in any general way. There are things I dislike but they are nothing compaired to what is happening in other communities and other games that I regret ever buying.

There is a way of "fixing" this by making an experimental beta and official beta and in the experimental beta TWI can throw any content even if it breaks the whole game or it is tottaly unbalanced in order for people to be happy with frequent updates and the ones who have patience and like me and as I see most of the folks here that are Senior can just play the game as it is and have stable and good updates every 1 or 4 months or whenever ...

Upvote 0
right..to all those unhappy folks.
try out this server:
http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/31.186.250.203:7777/
some of the features..
-custom maps in rotation
-mapvoting
-active and nice admins + playerbase
-custom perk leveling (per level up you get points to allocate yourself)
-custom perks (perks go up tolevel 100!)
-HoE or SUI
-25 player slots

they do have a hard and normal server too i believe but take the challenge and go SUI/ HoE

i play on there since about a week and love it.so nib over,play there and forget about the updates for a while...give TWI some space to do their magic.it will happen!
fanks guvner

Upvote 0
right..to all those unhappy folks.
try out this server:
http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/31.186.250.203:7777/
some of the features..
-custom maps in rotation
-mapvoting
-active and nice admins + playerbase
-custom perk leveling (per level up you get points to allocate yourself)
-custom perks (perks go up tolevel 100!)
-HoE or SUI
-25 player slots

they do have a hard and normal server too i believe but take the challenge and go SUI/ HoE

i play on there since about a week and love it.so nib over,play there and forget about the updates for a while...give TWI some space to do their magic.it will happen!
fanks guvner

Let me guess: 25 players are siting at tight spot and shooting in one direction. Then Scrake with insane amount of health points comes and wipes the entire team. But nobody cares, because they got XP progress.

No, thanks.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.