• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

FPS fix!! I have got it figured out

vMega

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 23, 2011
Specs:

Phenom 955 @ 3.2 Ghz
8 GB 1600 mhz Ram
MSI TwinFrozr GTX 275 (OC)

Started of with the beta.
Played the full game.

FPS = 25 - 40

Deleted ROEngine.dll

Set things the way I wanted em...so no blur etc. rest high / ultra.

Now constant 50 - 65 fps.

Absolutely smooth and TASTY!!!

Thanks a lot!

helryth

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 15, 2011
i've just signed up on this forum to say THANKS MATE, your tips actually worked and improved a lot my FPS, much more stable now. :)

hrvatski

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 6, 2011
VA, USA
As of tonight's patch the constantly in-game stuttering is back. FPS is similar but doesn't mean anything when the stutter hits every second

Also, the mouse feels slightly "laggy", as reported it a thread in the support forum.

FBX

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 17, 2006
Maybe the patching is corrupting these ini files some how.

That is why you should be saving the original file so that the two can be compared.

Last edited:

Mak

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 15, 2006
It appears most of you that are getting improvements have old cards or newer ATI cards.

Heard a couple of others with newer Nvidia cards, including myself, say that it's not fixing the FPS issue.

First three settings are on medium/high, rest on low, and FPS ranging from 20-50 fps, with an average of 30-35.

DasFist

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 31, 2011
Read this post a couple of days ago and dismissed it, I failed, my fps has literally doubled. Thanks mate.

q6700@3Ghz, 2x hd4890, 4gb ram

Divinehammer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 9, 2006
Sunny, Obamalot
Are those of you that had good results just replacing the ini file or you are changing the settings also as they are outlined in the first post? Changing the settings would certainly change your FPS. If Debug stuff is removed I would say that this does do something though.

I dont understand how the ini file goes sour over time like milk anyone know how that works. I will say the ini files do get changed after playing I think that it keeps track of what servers you were on recently and adds that to the INI( I need to investigate further). I am not for sure what changes it would make that would cause the game to run worse though.