• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

FP rage mechanics

FP rage mechanics

• KF1

Votes: 26 53.1%
  • KF2

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 10 20.4%

• Total voters

moleculo

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 2, 2013
I'd like to know the general opinion on this. In KF1 fleshpounds raged spontaneously if they saw a player for over 10(?) secs without getting to hit them (+ when damaged of course). In KF2 FPs rage spontaneously around every 10 seconds and calm down in around 10 seconds regardless of hitting somebody. Opinions?

Last edited:
Their current mechanics reduce their kiteability and also reduce the lethality of their rage.

Exactly... I guess some ppl want to play KF1 (again) with updated perks, wpns, maps and stuff and dont want a new game.

Im indifferent atm. I quite liked being able to solo maps when in the mood. But I really dont want to replay the same game again. I know others perhaps do.

Upvote 0
KF2 by far....

no more 30 minute kiting please

+in old system...idiot would mess you up cuz they raged FP...now it doesnt matter really...so it makes pubs less rage-inducing

and it makes sense...hes a mad mothafka with mood swings...sounds fine by me...though his rage could last longer

other than that

FP, stalker and clot mechanics are very well appreciated in KF2 to make them a bit more threatening

Upvote 0
KF2 FP mechanics don't really make them harder to kite. Teleporting mobs make kiting harder overall.

In some ways FP in KF2 is actually easier to kite, since it will automatically unrage, making it impossible for it to catch up to anyone (or at least medics/zerks). In KF1, if you didn't know FP mechanics and it raged on you it would eventually catch up to you no matter what (unless you let it take out its frustration on a welded door :D). I think this was much more scary.

If you wanted a harder to kite FP in KF2, it would have made more sense to simply reduce the rage timer, so you had to be even more careful about LoS while kiting.

Upvote 0
When you play solo or being the last one alive, you can have fun time with FPs, they rage behind you, you head the drilling sound, you run saying oh ****, then the drilling sound is gone, and as soon as you turn the corner, that raging FP is right in front of you.

I dont care what the hell they change, FIX THE SPAWNING FIRST.

Upvote 0
The FP is a weird zed to work out, it can instantly rage as soon it sees the team but instantly lose that rage after firing only 1 shot at it, it's very unpredictable and while I like that unpredictability I can't find any tactics to deal with it effectively without taking damage.

It can rage as soon as a barrage of grenades is thrown at it taking very little damage yet other times it won't rage until those grenades have gone off.

The teleporting is also a serious issue at the moment, by all means make the FP hard but don't give it the ability to teleport around the map cutting off my escape route and giving me no other choice than to take something on, which at that point, could be deadly as I need that time to find ammunition.

Upvote 0