• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

FP on steroids!

Spartan1388

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Every time an FP spawns, there is a, let's say, 5% chance, that it will be spawned as bigger, stronger and angrier than the regular FPs.

This FP will come enraged, grinding anything in front of it, ZED or human, to death and it will stay enraged.
AFTER it loses 75% of health.
A couple seconds of peace and, if still alive, it will unleash a final devastating rage.

This FP will still be vulnerable to Explosives, and Demos would be able to take it down with ease, just not as easy as the regular FP.
This will promote defensive tactics and will also create problems for Berserkers.
Noobs will also have problems with it, but this is a good thing. :cool:

When i am killed by an FP, i usually say "That FP was on steroids..." so i though that this is a good idea to be discussed at the forums.
I do not necessarily support what i present to you here, just though it is interesting.

That would cause a lot problems:

• fleshies don't usually spawn on their own - anything that happens to be in the spawned squad gets killed instantly
  • if it spawns far away, it can kill even 20 zeds on its way, can engage in battle with scrakes, etc
  • sharpshooters are unable to kill it safely
  • supports are unable to kill it safely
  • demos can kill it only if they happen to be at a proper distance from it, and actually would need to count on someone to get pounded to get a good shot
  • shoving coop in the players' throats
  • almost guaranteed one casualty in the team
  • favors luck, not skill
  • berserkers would just buy dwarfs axe and be actually the only class that wouldn't care
Also, there is already custom female fleshpound zed with different speed and rage mechanics, if anything, it should be integrated into KF instead.

Upvote 0
This smells like Female Gnarr from Serious Sam... :rolleyes:

You have interesting points, but such FP will spawn only 1-2 times per wave, on higher difficulties.

A good team can blow up fast FPs even in HoE, Wave 10, without casualties.

This can promote learning the game, playing as part of a team, use tactics, and also keep noobs away from higher difficulties until they learn a couple things.

If the chance for Super FP is random, it can appear anytime, so people will have to stick together. No more "going Rambo".

But yes, s probably not a good idea. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
It doesn't promote learning the game at all. Practically all speed kills rely on raging the FP so you fet those precious few seconds of the FP standing still to get your combo off. And if it spawns raging (and stays raging), that's a one hit kill on anyone without armour, and a 2 hit kill on someone with it.

Understand (I think) what you are trying to accomplish with this, but all I could see happening is a lot of Medic tanking and M32 spam.

Upvote 0